Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ten Becquerels
Apr 17, 2012

My Little Tony: Leadership is Magic
The government wants to have the powers to do the same thing Tudge did with ARE VETERANS info - http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-02/government-wants-new-power-to-release-veterans-personal-info/8320268

What the gently caress is going on with all this? Is there an actual endgame here or do they really just want to have something to shut down people thinking about making public criticisms? How can they think this looks like anything besides an insanely unethical mess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ten Becquerels
Apr 17, 2012

“Processing Mr Dreyfus’s request was a long and exhaustive task and had to be done on top of the attorney’s ministerial and other responsibilities,” so of course it took 3 years! Think of all that exhausting work George had to do to fulfill his responsibilities as a minister!

The department line seems to be that no record of any meetings doesn't mean that the meetings didn't happen, because if the meetings were spontaneous they wouldn't be entered in the diary. This sounds like a very reasonable reasonable explanation that I definitely believe. It also still admits that he had no plans to meet with legal aid groups, and if he ever did it was probably a result of them chasing him down.

Ten Becquerels
Apr 17, 2012

People already think that TAX = BAD so it's pretty easy for the Minerals Council to just run ads with weatherbeaten men in Akubras reminding people of this and get people reflexively mad about stifling Jobs and Growth.

Ten Becquerels
Apr 17, 2012

Barnaby wants to take the Leadbeater's Possum off the endangered list so they can cut down more trees in Victoria and save 250 JOBS. I'm not sure what he thinks he's doing or why he thinks people will go along with his idea to threaten a very cute animal. Should have picked an uglier animal to try and justify the likely extinction of.

Ten Becquerels
Apr 17, 2012

They won't be committing any more crimes in their stolen cars if they're dead or in the ICU :colbert:

The Australian ran a front-page story about Sally McManus supposedly faking her CV by lying about being on the Macquarie Uni student union council in the 90s. Turns out they were actually being lazy idiots by not noticing or bothering to find out that the student union and the student council were two separate things, and she was in the union, not the council. Top quality journalism right here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ten Becquerels
Apr 17, 2012

Apart from the usual 'special snowflake liberals can't handle their hurt widdle fee-fees??? :smuggo:, all I can get from that is 'if we can't abuse immigrants why bother letting them in at all?'

A true reflection of the Australian zeitgeist.

• Locked thread