Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

it must be fun to have two separate estimates briefs; one for normal people questions and one for mentally ill pieces of poo poo like roberts

BBJoey fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Mar 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

yeah it's cool that fake news had a meaning once but smooth brained dullards have turned it into 'thing i dislike'

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

trotskyist infiltrators

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

ok thanks for the update

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

https://twitter.com/CliveFPalmer/status/837598306238787584

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

hang on, did journalists actually think that jongen was the boss of centrelink? like, how??????

if they spent literally 30 seconds they could have found DHS's org chart and see that hank jongen is way the gently caress down the list. like okay i'm not expecting the average citizen to understand public service structure but if you're a (theoretically) smart journalist you should be able to figure out that just because a dude has "general manager" in his signature doesn't necessarily mean he's running the joint.

if this piece was intended to dramatically reveal DHS's machiavellian deception then in my view it's a pretty spectacular own goal. if journalists honestly believe that a guy reporting his job title as "general manager" is some kind of smokescreen rather than, you know, him accurately reporting his job title, what that actually reveals is that journalists are some of the most smooth-brained dullards around who really should not have the honour of being the fourth estate of our democracy

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

quote:

Yes, it's easy to get that impression when Mr Jongen is introduced in a TV or radio interview as "the general manager" of Centrelink or the Department of Human Services.

hmm, whose fault is that? could it be the TV or radio show, which didn't do the bare minimum research to find out that he's not the general manager of DHS, but the general manager of communications at DHS? no, it must be the fault of those devious bureaucrats for not immediately correcting us when we get the most insanely simple poo poo wrong!!!!

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

look out folks; the canny media has figured out that it's the job of communications managers to make things look good, even if the things are bad!! soon they'll break an even bigger case: corporations don't actually have your best interests at heart, and instead their commercials are designed to make you buy their products!!!

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

https://twitter.com/CliveFPalmer/status/838686039237545984

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

on the one hand i think that's dumb

on the other hand it led to this so maybe it's actually good

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

jesus christ shut up

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

imagine being a swing voter. wow. horrific

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

now we all had fun tonight friends but it's important to remember the sad news as well: bill leak died only yesterday

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

gay picnic defence posted:

The Turnbull government has refused to back an international investigation into atrocities against Rohingya Muslims despite a motion passed in the Senate urging Australia to call for a United Nations commission of inquiry.

to be fair, i don't think any other countries back an independent investigation; so it's not just us who are enabling genocide, it's everyone :peanut:

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Cartoon posted:

BBJoey in being utterly wrong shock development.

idk what i did to deserve such vitriol, i misread the article and am glad that i was wrong :shrug:

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

nah mate ANSTO has all the nuclear knowhow, why yes we have been cutting ANSTO's budget for years why do you ask

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

after three years brandis released his diaries

you'll be shocked to discover he was lying about consulting with indigenous legal aid groups before cutting their funding

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

is there a single thing turnbull championed before he became leader which he has not caved to the right on

one single thing

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

no, he is wrong because the lnp will never win a race to the right against pauline hanson, and even if they could they'd lose all the wet liberals who are only moderately racist as opposed to full on nazis

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Anidav posted:

I have spoken to multiple...
Unions are good
Muslims are bad
Free speech

so phon still has 3/3 while the lnp has 1/3

somehow this does not seem a winning proposition

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

malcolm roberts is illiterate

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

lol

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

better than the alp which is never a powerful advocate

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

"I believe in decentralisation, I think it is core business, otherwise we will end up with two big cities, one called Sydney and one called Melbourne."

to get the jobs out of sydney and melbourne we're gonna relocate aps agencies away from canberra

why yes i am a fuckwit

e: politics is literally unskilled labour. why should they expect huge salaries?

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

it's not even interesting commentary, it's the kind of poo poo you see on facebook preceded by "gotta get this off my chest, feel free to like and share"

how the gently caress did this guy get his job

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

don't sign your op-eds

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

open24hours posted:

Jesus Christ they are fuckwits. For those not familiar with Canberra, the Department of Immigration is currently located in Belconnen and, along with the ABS, is one of the major employers in the area. Belconnen is a thriving area with shops, schools, services and public transport. Immigration employees presumably also live in the area.

Canberra airport is in the middle of nowhere, has virtually no services, no public transport, limited childcare options and the roads are barely adequate for the traffic as is.

I'm almost tempted to believe it's deliberate attempt to damage an important part of the city for the benefit of the Canberra Airport Group.

honestly i don't recognise agencies that aren't in civic as even existing

"can't wait to start work at pm&c, and visit the single cafe within walking distance every single day"

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

the productivity commission is the worst poo poo

just replace it with one public servant with two stamps: DEREGULATE or PRIVATISE

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

except nothing will happen because unless the house passes the bill as well the FWC decision will go ahead

so you're welcome to pin your hopes on coalition members crossing the floor to support workers over employers be my guest but i'm warning you you're only going to be disappointed

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

open24hours posted:

I wonder where they're getting the info from, I tried to look it up and I can't find any statistics in the normal places that break down household income by personal income.

the only dataset i can think of that could provide that info is HILDA, which isn't available publicly.

but it's available to me. i'll check the numbers.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

shockingly the proportion of people on low wages who live in a household with someone on a high wage is negligible 🤔

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

i think i'm at the point where i'm unironically a stalinist and think the red terror was good, please help

• Locked thread