Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Capt.Whorebags posted:

Is the prevalence of the phrase "Judeo-Christian values" because it's frowned upon to hate on the Jews?

Clearly it's okay to paper over the history of anti-Semitism, and well, anti-Catholic (or anything not CoE) that prevailed in this country.

It's because the American right uses it. That's literally it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Zenithe posted:

That's a fairly impressive level of malice.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

It's an incompetent lie about their malicious leak of her private information.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

https://twitter.com/amworldtodaypm/status/837052373193261056

What a clown.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah, you'd probably have better luck mapping Australian states to Texan cities than US states.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

You Am I posted:

What, you mean against self interest and what their corporate overlords tell them to do?

Imagine if the politicians actually voted for what the majority of voters wanted, we'd have same sex marriage at least a decade ago. And no GST.

Ah, but you're forgetting about the tyranny of the majority. Why if politicians ruled as the majority of Australians wanted them to rule you'd see vulnerable minorities in camps being tortured to the cheers of the everyman! We need an elitist regime to be our betters.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Were they claiming this as part of their bipartisanship on all national security measures? Because lol if they were.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Recoome posted:

What type of false claims? Is this the Jackie Lambie style false claims, or do you think that the legislation might be used to silence detractors?

I mean your post is an extremely hot take here but you might want to contextualise your comment with what actually just happened with a person speaking out about Centrelink. I'm guessing you took a glance at that and were like "lol bitch had it coming"

I read it as a question, not a hot take? :shrug:

What does happen currently if someone criticises defence using false claims? Do they just ignore it?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Old men running the world; a new age. Electronic old men are the future.

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Mar 3, 2017

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

You are ethically obligated to steal the wallet due to the deontological mantra of 'Always Be Nasty to a Nazi'.

Even the most petty and petulant resistance is good and should be valued.

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Mar 5, 2017

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Schlesische posted:

I stopped because I was a white noise machine that no-one here liked. At least your reason is half decent.

As a realtalk question, is there any hope of having Shorten moved on?
Like if Turnbull gets knifed (I can't seriously believe that's an if not a when, goddamn it Tony) and Dutton comes on the scene and the Leader Preferred still doesn't get above 50 does Labour start looking at potential replacements?

Pretty sure Rudd changed it so Labor leaders can't be changed until the conference after losing election.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

He's getting pretty good.

https://twitter.com/CliveFPalmer/status/837808260782546944

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

From what I've seen absolutely no one gives a poo poo about the CFA stuff other than people who wouldn't have voted Labor in the first place.

The Libs throwing a tantrum over it has actually been a massive benefit apparently. A bunch of career CFA guys in integrated stations switched over to MFB saving the CFA a bunch of cash, and possibly allowing for a far easier switch over to integrating the SES and CFA together as one volunteer emergency service.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

I can't remember where I heard it, but apparently West Virginia has like way more nurses employed now than coal mining did at its height. The idea that it's economic pain being directed in the wrong direction is complete poo poo. There's going to be far more economic problems for West Virginia from Trump loving healthcare than would ever be solved through resuming coal mining at its peak levels. It's just white nostalgia.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Periphery posted:

How about we just not buy expensive military boondoggles and instead buy things we actually need and will actively use?

We've got enough teenagers and bushland to survive any invasion by the yellow hordes anyway, so I don't know why people are worried.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Doctor Spaceman posted:

So keep asking her Federal questions then.

Another tweet says they did, about vaccinations and gst. Guess she didn't follow through with the threat.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Bogan King posted:

Just get 52 letters written for each weekend of the year and party.

-------

Can't even think on his feet well enough to turn a statement into a question halfway through!

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Department of Fatherland security did even worse in focus groups outside qld and wa.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

More like unconscious bias of the lobby group who think women don't wear pants, and only women wear dresses. :colbert:

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

It's not even just a figure in a dress. It's the first Victorian woman Councillor. And they think that's inclusive? Why that excludes 5.791 million Victorians. I for one am outraged.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

My sister-in-law's Grandma was in a really long term relationship with Don Nardella, but she found out he was loving a bunch of other old ladies as well. Ah Don.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

quote:

"Traffic lights are a Bolshevist menace... Traffic lights are things which are set up to try and control traffic to try and control individuals on the roads,"

Peter Phelps tried to warn us in 2011, but no one listened! :freep:

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

I honestly don't think they'll lose next election, but that's probably just hubris.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Insert own joke here, etc

In order to get his big fat head on there they had to get rid of the 12x for the last four tables. :cripes:

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Nice whitewash of the BLT wars of 2004-8. :rolleyes:

The Crisps v the Breads.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

QUACKTASTIC posted:

I know it's still early and I haven't checked the Trump thread yet, but that is the dumbest thing I've heard all day.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

But have you thought about how that tax hurts job creators?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Andrew Bolt's hosed?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

nthing the dancing on the fuckhead bigot's grave.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

WA old people currently the best demographic.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Also amazon will ship self torture devices right to your door.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"Yes we should accept Nazis as exactly the same as everyone else." -Some liberal gently caress.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

:lol:

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

loving PHON keeping ABC out of their function. They really think Trump's popular don't they?

e:fb

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Vaccinations cause autism - A normal party's policy position.

All Muslims should be banned from Australia - A normal party's policy position.

Legalising drugs - Crazy

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Schlesische posted:

Who takes over if Turnbull gets knifed?

Isn't that the real holdup?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fcGRXBFANA

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

gently caress that was almost a decade ago.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

I'm going to be loving furious if Vic turns into a worse state than WA. livid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

ABC interviewing a greens candidate:

'It's disheartening that the media paid more attention to Pauline Hanson, a person who's not even a candidate in the election, than serious parties'
'Yeah, but have you thought about what your party could do to capture the media's attention?'

Why don't you just gently caress up your campaign more and say stupid as gently caress poo poo? We'd cover you more!

• Locked thread