Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
The federal government is happy to step in to prevent marriage equality by rewriting federal laws. Why can't they step in and simply override Queensland's stupid loving ban by making federal legislation legalising it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
He does have an honours degree in civil engineering, so his horrible painting at least has some grounding in reality :shrug:

Of course, in its own special way its equally on the nose as anything Trump commissioned where he's swathed in gold and striding forth like an emperor - full of poo poo, just coming from the opposite direction.

EDIT: Holy poo poo, I didn't realise how right I was about Trump's portraits.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Mar 2, 2017

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Holy poo poo, no.

We are an almost completely insignificant country at the arse end of the world with a minuscule population. There is no boogie man lurking in the closet waiting to jump out and attack us. The only enemies we have are the ones our government is rushing head over feet to create right here at home.

We barely need the security apparatus we already have let alone a massive super-department beholden to no law or human decency.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Having the 'walk' person wearing dresses is a total non issue. Or, at least, it should be. loving male fragility.

I'd personally like animated walk signs with men, women and children walking on them.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

norp posted:

More hours for less pay - true equality.

Less Fewer hours for less pay at some places.

I have a relative who works for Coles Express/Shell and their entire network has just gone through a second round of payroll cuts, with some stores losing nearly 30 hours a week out of their budgets. Many sites are now running with as few as 5 staff.

Meaning some managers are now doing 20-25 hours a week on the console as well as all the rest of their duties.

Older staff and staff with more contracted hours are being forced out, all casuals have had all their hours taken off them and are on call only.

It must suck to work there, but it's going to be loving hilarious once things are settled and someone calls in sick or wants to take a holiday and there is literally no one left to cover it because the suits who see the little people as nothing more than figures on a spreadsheet have no actual idea how the world works.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

You could not make this poo poo up. If they did it in a TV/movie you'd mock them for being so over the top ridiculous.

Of course, this is also the country which has the :airquote:World Series:airquote:

Zenithe posted:

From a separate source:

quote:

He did concede posting a sign on the door saying the store was closed was not in line with company policy and that had been reiterated with the staff member involved.

gently caress sake 7/11 are poo poo. Staff member gets abused by racist gently caress who they have every right to deny entry to, and they can't help themselves.

7/11 are poo poo and no one should ever work for them given their history. But there are two separate issues here:

1) Racist abusive fuckwit.

2) Employee violating company policy.

Sadly, no matter what their response to the first item, I can't imagine any company ignoring the second.

Shutting the store for an hour and a half? How many customers has the company lost because of that guy doing this? All that :10bux: :ohdear:

The only reason he still has a job is because everyone is still looking at them.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Zenithe posted:

Is it not too much to ask to not publicly reprimand racially abused people who work for you for pennies in national media?

It most certainly should be, no poor scrub should be publicly berated by their company. Especially after copping a racist tirade.

But the same 'business psychopathy' which leads to companies like 7/11 in the first place also leads them to wanting people to know they never close, no matter how disgustingly lovely their staff are being treated. "Nothing will get in the way of you spending your money with us!"

Please don't take this as any kind of defence of 7/11. It's a depressing commentary on the state of the world, not a justification of their action.

If there was any such thing as universal justice, 7/11 would be out of business and every single person involved in the management and franchising of it would be in jail.

Gorilla Salad posted:

You could not make this poo poo up. If they did it in a TV/movie you'd mock them for being so over the top ridiculous.

But in happier news, an update to the World's Super Most Awesome Health Care Plan Where the Poors Die in the Street by their Millions:

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Mar 9, 2017

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I hope they're doing an autopsy on Leak so we can finally discover what sort of brain damage is necessary to turn someone into a conservative.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

It loving staggers me how blind some people are to privilege to the point where they publicly go and write something like this and that the subject herself seems to honestly believe it was all her own work rather than having every single thing in her life handed to her on a silver plate.

Who was that old AusPol regular who said that his father "chose" to be poor.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Bogan King posted:

Calling it now, the FIRST person to have this law used on them if it is passed will be in a burka and the racist shitbag of a cop will try to justify it using this law.

quote:

The new laws will also give police specific powers to order people to remove a face mask.

"It will be an offence to not comply," Mr Pakula said.

"The Government believes it's important to create a powerful disincentive for people to turn up at these types of public events with face coverings on.

"It will be clear in the legislation that we're only talking about face coverings where the police believe you're wearing it for the purpose of concealing your identity, or for the purpose of protecting yourself against the impact of capsicum spray and the like."

I have had a vision of the future.

In it a police officer is pointing capsicum spray directly at a person's eyes, but they have a mask on. "Take off your loving mask so I can spray you in the eyes!" screams the cop.

"No, you'll blind me!" responds the person. "Fifteen years in the isocube, creep!" replies Judge Dredd the cop.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
There is now a Retail and Fast Food Worker's Union, hopefully they'll try.

But they're still very new and very small and I'm sure the shoppies aren't exactly advertising the existence of a union for the most exploited workers in the country which isn't run by right wing bigoted shitheels.

EDIT - and I'm sure we're all waiting for the inevitable slashing of penalty rates for every other industry which has them :sigh:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Leak may have had brain damage, but explain everyone else there :colbert:

I just wish someone had trolled his funeral with a speach about the man he really was.

"Many today have spoken eloquently and at length on how racist Bill was, but no one has yet mentioned his homophobia and misogyny. He was also a pig fucker."

Legal tip of the day - the dead cannot be libelled.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I'm guessing the original version of the note had a line about "everyone knows hours are being cut back by head office and not everyone will be getting the numbers of hours they want and many casuals will be moved to zero hours on the roster. In light of that I will be taking note of everyone who volunteers and take it into account when making the schedule."

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Solemn Sloth posted:

An idea so bad even Coles and the SDA agreed it shouldn't be put to workers

Update on this - yes, it's real.

It's good to see that most of the comments are incredibly negative. Naturally there's the obligatory crab mentality posts of, "We had to work unpaid overtime, drat millennials :corsair:"

I also enjoyed seeing Coles have to put out fires over an over again as more people see the image and post how loving horrible it is.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

I would give money to have this happen.

Then I would spend the rest of my life watching him as a bitter Sky/Foxtel pundit forever crying about how he was robbed of his second chance as PM.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Doctor Spaceman posted:

If you haven't read it the whole thing is worth a read and a great example of how Bolt is actively dishonest (which is also what happened in his RDA case; 18D gives you huge amounts of leeway as long as you're arguing in good faith).

Never forget that Bolt is not only a convicted racist, but also a paid paedophile apologist.

And to remind people of what 18D actually says:

quote:

RACIAL DISCRIMINATION ACT 1975 - SECT 18D
Exemptions

Section 18C does not render unlawful anything said or done reasonably and in good faith:

(a) in the performance, exhibition or distribution of an artistic work; or

(b) in the course of any statement, publication, discussion or debate made or held for any genuine academic, artistic or scientific purpose or any other genuine purpose in the public interest; or

(c) in making or publishing:

(i) a fair and accurate report of any event or matter of public interest; or

(ii) a fair comment on any event or matter of public interest if the comment is an expression of a genuine belief held by the person making the comment.

It's an incredibly low hurdle to jump and Bolt couldn't even manage it.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

bowmore posted:

Cut meat out of your diet, help save the planet

I don't eat meat, just chicken and fish.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Yeah, it's actually ad revenue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

How is this real? Is this real?

I mean, I've been spending so much time in the Trump horror thread that I can't tell anymore.

• Locked thread