Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeathMuffin
May 25, 2004

Cake or Death

Konomex posted:

or are there a subset of bigots purposely lying and putting out misinformation about how SafeSchools is teaching children incest and beastiality is wrong and 'oh my god, pre-schoolers shouldn't be learning about putting your dick in a toaster!!'.

This, and then a whole bunch of other people who are squicked out by the thought of queer people taking up on it - with a side of "You wouldn't want YOUR child to be one of them". The Australian religious right just copies its big brother in the US, with less success because well, Australia just isn't anywhere near as religious as the states.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathMuffin
May 25, 2004

Cake or Death

Anidav posted:

Anyone who travels to the US will know we pay a premium for many goods here. Those days are coming to an end.

I moved to the US a year ago to work (for Amazon - just for full disclosure). Having access to fast (2 day in most cases) free delivery means that pretty much everything that's not groceries and clothes comes from them. And even clothes, I'll often go try something on in a shop, and then come home and order it online for 20% less.

I'd be very concerned being a retailer in Australia right now - the price is one thing, but the attraction of its convenience is probably underestimated.

• Locked thread