Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Bogan King posted:

There are a bunch of heritage listed ones in the national park south of Sydney. From what I remember though the title on them is non transferable so when the owner dies it becomes crown property again. That's not to say they are very common but they definitely exist.

My Nan owns one of these. its $100 a year to keep and when the lease holder dies, its over.

you're also not allowed to maintain them or improve them. they have no electricity or running water.

Theres maybe 3-4 of them left standing. if it was a property you could sell (and could improve on it), it would be worth millions.

there was a fairly heated battle between the leasers and the national parks over ownership of them because the RNP wanted to clear them to make the land available for parking/camping but yeah, they ended up being heritage listed so even after the lease is over I imagine they will be there until 'vandals' ruin them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Bogan King posted:

That's pretty cool, very noice spot for a holiday shack. It's good that they're not allowed to be built upon / traded though as there are more than enough beach towns anyway and there should be more national park. As someone who grew up surfing Garie and camping at Era a bunch I'm a bit jealous you got shack access though.

They cant be sub let or anything either. If I want to stay there my nan has to write a letter to the RNP informing them I am staying, and when/how long/how many.

its a total waste of time because you really want to just go for the day due to the nature of the place, but you cant because the second you are unlocking the door the ranger is there asking who you are and what you're doing while hes calling the police.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

cohsae posted:

Can we go back to Scott Morrison suggesting that moving to Tamworth constitutes an improvement in quality of life?
Like, compared to what?

Well there's no jobs so you get to bludge on the dole and there's heaps of Ice so there's plenty of entertainment too.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Guys it's fine. He was drunk when it happened so it's not his fault and also we have no idea if that quokka is hurt or not. For all we know it could be living the high life right now so let's not make too much of a big deal.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

There should be no Muslim schools. Or catholic schools. Or schools that teach any religion.

Religion is dumb and is not required in any capacity by modern society.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Perfect for complaining about noise from pubs/venues.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Legal advice requested. TL;DR at the bottom

Details:
A few weeks ago I attended a BBQ at my friends parents house. He was house sitting for them while they were on holiday.

I got there late and everyone was already eating. I sat down, got a beer and grabbed a snag and some grilled halloumi. I felt something get caught in my throat and coughed a bit to try and dislodge it. Thought it was a bit of bread crust or a piece of char or gristle, kept eating. Noticed a jabbing pain so I stopped eating and tried every method under the sun to dislodge it - eating bread, gargling cola, drinking honey, spewing. Nothing worked. Ended up leaving after an hour of trying to have a good time and went to the local ER as I was staying at my parents house for the night.

Usual 2hr wait at the ER for a Saturday night. Finally see a doctor who gets me to say AHHHH and shines torch in my mouth. Orders an x-ray which comes up blank. Tells me it's simply organic material and it'll break down overnight. I go home and sleep.

Next day it's still there. Go about my business but pain is getting worse, every time I swallow it's a 50/50 chance of stabbing pain or nothing. My throat is swelling up like it would from tonsillitis. I go to my ER. Another 2 hour wait and I get seen to by a nurse. He actually takes the time to look into my throats and sees something. Comes back with an ice cold metal tongue depressor and some long tweezers and removes a 1" metal wire from my throat.

The wire is from a BBQ cleaning brush. It was lodged in end-first like a needle. I get a paddle pop and I'm OK to go home. No pain after.

Anyway, the dad comes back from holidays and he hears the story and calls me. Assures me he is sorry and wants to help seek compensation from the manufacturer.

TL;DR: woolies has taken their lovely BBQ brushes off the market and I'm now at the stage they are asking me for a figure to make this go away. I have zero experience on this matter so no idea what Would be considered fair. This isn't in court yet and I don't really want it to be, but I have some expensive unrelated medical stuff I could really use the money for. Thoughts?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

As your attorney I advise you to post pics. Also talk to a real lawyer.

When I get home.
The nurse actually videoed the removal but my face is on tape and I don't need that on these forums.

Nurses > doctors imo.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Periphery posted:

This. Make duplicates of the video tape and any documentation you have.

I didn't get a copy of the video, they wanted it for training purposes. I can obtain it though.

Everyone is telling me to go after Dr Dismissive too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Every time I am pulled over on a motorway or highway, I saw the highway patrol sitting in their speed trap and without fault they will let me get 3-5kms down the road before they pull out onto the road and put the sirens on so they can haul arse to catch up to me.

Im never speeding, its always for a 'random' breath test and its just an excuse for them to floor it in the V8 boats they get given. Im sure the type of car I drive doesnt help avoid the attention but that in itself is not an offence.

• Locked thread