Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Mike Glennon is not worth $15m/year.

Thanks that's my drive by commentary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

CyberPingu posted:

What teams would you consider on a short timer for success right now. e.g teams that have an ageing cast of vets that are going to cripple them when they leave in a couple of years as they go into a rebuilding phase

New England

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Louis Riddick on espn talking about Joe Mixon: "...I really want to get inside his mind and take me back to that incident and tell me exactly all the particulars to try to understand what his thought process was leading up to that event, immediately following that event because I tell you what, I have a hard time grasping that incident based off what the video shows."

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Gonz posted:

The Unfathomable Sadness of Antonio R. Romo: A Cleveland Browns Adventure

He will go to the browns and start all 16 games.

It will be a cruel fate.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Intruder posted:

Removing names from lockers and replacing them with numbers, no names on jerseys either, also no decal on helmet until you EARN it

Hey IDIOT this worked in little league and what do you know about coaching huh???

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

waah posted:

That's great and all but why should I care about Wiz Khalfia's sister?

Use your head.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Saturday down south called Tebow a baseball laughing stock.

Lmao

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Intruder posted:

He went to the wrong on-deck circle because he thought lefties always warm up on the same side of the infield

lmfao i thought you were making a joke

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Lmfao what the gently caress is this

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I can't think of an active qb that fits the browns more than Brock.

E: how much do 2nd rounders typically get in their first year bonuses included?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
if you didn't have a hangover til you were 27 that means you didn't drink enough the years before.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Blitz7x posted:

Remember when you could wake up a few hours before you needed to be up, chug water and 4 ibuprofen, and wake up right as rain?

Yeah but Gatorade.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
First impressions are powerful.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
saying a football player looks sloppy and out of shape doesn't seem like body shaming to me considering they are paid to not be sloppy and out of shape.

and the dr seuss rhyme doesnt seem like a big deal either.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Anals of History posted:

It's loving March. If he looks sloppy and out of shape three months from now, maybe then it'll be time to worry. I'm inclined to give the player the benefit of the doubt given that I have no idea what kind of injuries he took during the season that might still be healing and that he and his trainer know his body better than I do.

If he looked sloppy and out of shape in March then it makes sense to say that he looks sloppy and out of shape in March if he indeed looks sloppy and out of shape in March.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Chichevache posted:

A top RB can thrive with a poo poo line, and average guy can with Dallas'. Your poo poo line is exactly why fournette is a good choice, if the coaches think he can be good. He takes pressure off Bortles and keeps defenses honest so that you can try to get that Passing game going.

Fournette isn't the back for that.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Volkerball posted:

There's more than one way to do it. Barry never really had the best o lines. But like I said, it takes a special back to be able to consistently make poo poo happen regardless of who is in front of them.

Barry also had legs the size of redwoods and had some of the best lateral movement in human history. I also don't remember him having injury problems.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Q_res posted:

Not strictly true. The O Line on the 91 team that went to the NFC Championship game was pretty drat good. But Utley got paralyzed, I think another one died in the off season...

But yeah, o line almost didn't matter for Barry. Dude was borderline untackleable.

Fun fact: Barry Sanders is the all time leader in negative yards from scrimmage.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Today we are all Patriots. God bless.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
make it like soccer where the clock never stops and the ref can be like "you know what, this should go on for a few more minutes" at the end of regulation.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Blitz7x posted:

Is he still campaigning

No. He's campaigning, but not technically "still" since that would imply he's "still" campaigning for 2016.

But he is legitimately campaigning for 2020 already.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
ELECTION CHAT LEGGGOOOOOOO

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

big money big clit posted:

Remember when Randy Moss tried to catch a pass from Kaepernick and ended up with a dislocated finger?

Remember when Ronnie Lott cut his finger off???

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Thaddius the Large posted:

I'd usually give a broken clock agreement to this, but I can't even credit Snyder that much, I've got to assume it's because he doesn't want to pay for more jerseys or some such reason.

"I like this but I'm gonna find a reason to complain anyway."

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Jesus does anyone really care what colors the uniforms are? Make them mauve, whatever the hell that looks like, and I'd still watch.

these are the type of people who will play skyrim for six hours, and the entire six hour session is to find that helmet that matches the boots their imaginary character is wearing.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

fartknocker posted:

Jaxson De Ville rules. :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i41M8abX9Bo

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
i would take a QB who would increase my super bowl chances.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Historically what pro athlete lasted the longest in the battle with Father Time?

Nolan Ryan?

Gordie Howe played professional hockey at 52.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/846675995939647488

No fun league.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

whypick1 posted:

The example I remember reading was teams just holding like crazy on defense to stop the clock.

But that's already illegal.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
This thread reads like YouTube comments with better grammar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Wrong forum

• Locked thread