Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Imagine trying to tackle that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/jwyattsports/status/836981501480820736

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

FizFashizzle posted:

Due to year to year volatility at the position no kicker could ever be worth it.

This hypothetical kicker is also a zen master who could do the job with a blindfold.

Yeah, even for a prospect capable of being MVP, having an off year is way too risky to draft him with your first.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Chichevache posted:

That's the price you pay for a journeyman QB. The guaranteed money and length of contract are what matter.

Aaron Rodgers is getting just over $19 million a year.

15 for Glennon is flatly stupid.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Chichevache posted:

Well poo poo, those other teams should just pay Aaron Rodgers $20 million a year so they can go straight to the playoffs. :rolleyes:

Listen, Chichevache.

Glennon is not good. He has shown absolutely no evidence of being good.

Learn the easy way from the Texans' mistakes.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Go Pack Go

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

What the gently caress

Moneyball!!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I feel like the NFLPA is more willing to make a stink about this than the NFL will be.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

CharlestheHammer posted:

I can't see why they would care as long as this doesn't someone make Brock lose money.

He's losing roster/workout bonuses, right?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Even with McCloughan's history I'm reasonably confident this is the front office loving up big time instead of McCloughan getting the pink slip for poor performance/problems.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Chichevache posted:

:lol:

As of last month I'm officially in my late 20s. :smith:

congrats on entering your prime

now actually do something with it

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Snyder is a loving moron. Force him to sell the Redskins.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

In which Chris Cooley protests far, far too strongly

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Is this the one he punched in the ear or another woman? If the latter, lol at marrying Manziel after not even a year.

edit: even with the amount of makeup, this lady is way way way out of Manziel's league and will divorce him the moment it becomes clear that Johnny Football is never making it back into the NFL

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Dunno if that's just his sweater and posture but it looks like he's lost weight. And not in the good way.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/MartysaurusRex/status/840648738993524737

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I wonder if anywhere else will pick up McCloughan. He's worked miracles in each of his three stints in the NFL.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/JuMosq/status/842836106638848001

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Seems a little late in the offseason to go through that. What's the recovery time like?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

hifi posted:

The only quarterback that was good behind a bad o line in the past 15 years was kurt warner

Aaron Rodgers

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

King Hong Kong posted:

Luck had a very good season but the Colts missed the playoffs, therefore he is a garbageman - TFF.

23-18
23-9
40-16
15-12
31-13

Also,

9 touchdowns 12 interceptions

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Andrew Luck is closer to Jay Cutler than Aaron Rodgers and it will take the Colts a very long time to figure this out because Luck is above the Dalton line

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

King Hong Kong posted:

TD/INT, the ratio that proves this forum is smarter than ESPN.

Would you prefer Just Wins Games?

Grittybeard posted:

Even if this is true he's still well above the Jay Cutler line, and is the type of quarterback you simply can't give up on since there just aren't enough quarterbacks in the world. There's basically nothing for them to figure out except making the rest of their team better unless they completely bomb (which, unsurprisingly would probably take Luck pissing blood for another year) and luck into a draft with a good QB prospect.

I completely agree

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Kalli posted:

I don't particularly care, but seeing how almost every team has good looking threads, I'd rather not see:

For as much of a huge deal the NFL makes over forcing players to wear the same helmet for every single game in a season, look at these goddamn cleats. There's no way these cleats were broken in and I would loving hate having to play a NFL match in brand-new novelty cleats.

This whole Nike deal, right down to the jersey wet-patches and sweat-guts and the novelty cleats, is such a loving terrible idea.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Fat Mike's off-season beard looking good.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

WHOOPS posted:

https://twitter.com/tompelissero/status/847541638956294147

Awful if it does wind up ending his career. He's been dogged by knee issues his whole career but when on the field, he had a tremendous burst off the ball and was a solid all around DT.

First round DTs are so ridiculously risky and prone to bust. Don't draft 'em!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

a neat cape posted:

Yards per game isn't a very good metric

• Locked thread