Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

evenworse username posted:

That and Philip's "I feel like poo poo all the time" to one of his assets, which I think was the same season. It really felt like the mask slipped completely away for a second there and you saw how much of a toll all the awful things the Jennings constantly have to do takes on this guy, who also has to constantly pretend that everything is fine, even with his own side.

That might have been my very favorite moment so far.

Well. That or Gaad v. Mail Robot.

Yeah, that season was really good with how they built everything up to make it seem that everything was reaching a breaking point, very tense and dark. Too bad they've been dragging things out to keep as much of the status quo as possible since then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Accretionist posted:

Started the pilot. It's great. Very different, though.

Edit: It's like if The Americans were a decent comedy.

When you finish the season of Patriot, that "decent" will change to "transcendent".

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Doronin posted:

First, whoever mentioned The Patriot on Amazon in this thread and called it 'transcendent,' thank you for that. I started watching that this weekend and holy poo poo. That's some of the best TV there is.

Pontius Pilate posted:

Oh yeah meant to thank this thread for that recommendation. Those ten episodes went quick.

Glad both of you got to see the greatness that is season one of Patriot. I still cannot fathom how the hell it has no presence yet at all on the web ring of the usual suspect TV and pop culture review/online critic websites, as well as on Amazon itself. Has to be one of the most under the radar and lowest publicized/profiled shows in proportion to it's quality and worthiness in the past five years or so.

• Locked thread