Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Aw yeah, let's go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

e- Yeah, this is a day ending in "Y" for the Jennings.

I wondered what happened to Fargo.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Mar 8, 2017

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Stan met a woman and she doesn't know it yet. :lol:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Oh, we're...uhh...gonna do some grave robbin', are we? :stonk:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

We have now spent 5-7 minutes of this episode digging.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

howe_sam posted:

Wouldn't they have incinerated his corpse?

Interesting the bag says Do Not Burn.

I'm still not getting why they need the pound of flesh unless it was all a setup for Digger #2 to wind up with Glanders somehow.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Mar 8, 2017

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Poor Stan. :(

I hope this isn't some sort of lame, setup season for the final season like S5 of Justified.

banned from Starbucks posted:

Kind of a weak start tbh. The "whoops im clumsy and got infected" thing felt like it shoulda come from some lovely zombie movie not The Americans. Also yeah 7 minutes watching people dig what was that about. They really needed to pad out their premier that badly?

Not sure whats up with the new guy theyre working on. Hes an advisor on agriculture to the US but seemed like a big nobody back home who could barely get food.

The timed, focused-on panting through the masks by Elizabeth and Philip was kind of forced, too.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

You can tell that Elizabeth wants to rip his throat out for daring to speak ill about :ussr:.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

DarklyDreaming posted:

This is the most awkward thing in a show rife with incredibly awkward situations

We got off light. I was really thinking FX was going to have her undergo a modified version of the sex training from like Season 2, only instead of Soviet employees, it'd be her parents she'd get to service.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

"I've had enough of your attitude, Paige. Don't give me your poo poo. Eat me out. Then you're going to make out with me and orally pleasure your father. You have to learn all this to help The Cause. Practice on Matthew if it makes you feel better."

That would've been one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen on TV if they'd gone that route and that's a commentary on how far FX is willing to push it in spite of how good their shows are. :stonk:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S MARTHA.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

howe_sam posted:

Well that was unexpected

I wondered why there was a long, dramatic stare down the aisle waiting for the cut to commercial before I saw a frail looking woman and it all clicked.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I'm curious as to how many times THE TECHNIQUE is used between now and the series finale. There's one.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

"You should've asked."? That's the best they could think to come up with?

The music callback is nice.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Rejoice, fans of Henry!

Gonz posted:

It's been discussed before, but if this show doesn't end with Elizabeth's emotionally shattered and utterly crestfallen face watching a TV screen on the morning of December 25th, 1991 while a sad song plays, then the writers have failed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwtdhWltSIg

Yeah, Elizabeth's reaction to everything she fought for and believed in collapsing and failing in the end has to be a component of the end of the series.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Yep, and he's had a growth spurt.

Am I the only Americans and NHL fan who thinks Philip's son looks like Nail Yakupov?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

"I appreciate you trying to be Super :ussr: Spy, Jr. and doing something in line with what we've brought you into the fold to eventually ask you to do, but don't you DARE do anything like that again."

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Both parents just being mindfucked that Henry is good at math. :lol:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

"Oleg, I have brought you these three lovely ladies in the hopes that you will pick one of them and maybe forget about Nina."

e- Oh poo poo, the lab tech died for nothing. :stonk:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Apr 5, 2017

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Whoever brought up the vintage McDonald's boxes was spot on about their attention to detail before.

But then they go and somehow get an (apparently real) IL-18? I mean, most people reading this probably won't know that was a Soviet airliner, but wow, other shows would've tried to pass off a 737 in Aeroflot colors. Not this one. :stare:

e- I could watch an entire series based around :ussr: goods enforcer Oleg.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Apr 12, 2017

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

"You're losing it."

Welp.

"You really should've kept Paige out of all this."

Welp.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Major Kuznetsov of the Washington Capitals army.

I've long wondered if an FX writer was a hockey fan. I once remember "Kane, Toews, Keith, Sharp" as names of supervisors on a mine chalkboard in Justified just after the Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Philip and Elizabeth are now actively setting up Pasha to potentially get his rear end kicked so he goes back to Russia with his mom. :stare:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

No god damnit I don't want Kimmie back.

Glanders in Afghanistan, eh?

Snowfall looks like it could be a darker version of Atlanta and I'm tempted to check it out because Atlanta is a drat Good Show.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Aww, Henry's chasing his girlfriend to boarding school. :3:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Speaking of recurring storylines.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

How did Oleg find out about Nina's execution? I was waiting for that to be revealed and turn him against his dad for failing to prevent it.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Other than having black people and being on FX I don't really get that comparison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlVguxWpjj8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK6t1mEtTlw

The second trailer actually reminded me of the "Don Glover sticks flyers under windshield wipers" trailer (the one linked above I'd forgotten about). If that stretch of a comparison means it's going to be anywhere near as good a show as Atlanta was (and it has a chance given FX puts out good stuff more often than not), it could be a good watch.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 04:20 on May 3, 2017

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

The Tuan dynamic is weird to me because P&E have to wear disguises and adopt the airline crew story, but he knows they aren't who they say they are and goes along with them (the faked "I know, 'the Communists did awful things to my country and why would I help them?'" story of his own from one of the first episodes).

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

What was she having for dinner? Fried onions with a shitton of salt on them in a bun?

"Looks good" C'mon Gabriel, you aren't that good of a liar :v:

"You are having one of our finest meals. Do you know how many people would do unspeakable things to have a dish like this?" :ussr:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

It's interesting seeing Philip clearly disillusioned at this point and Elizabeth a bit disturbed with things like being somewhat misled on the wheat strains and apparently straight up lied to about the virus' intended use, but she's still more than willing to sell the company line of "We're doing this to make the world a better place! :ussr:"

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

"Oh, wow, you know all this stuff about the FBI now, huh?"

E- "I have to think of you as though you might be a spy."

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Oh wow, we've transitioned from "feed her all her pills" to "forced confession to husband of hidden atrocities".

e- And then "tense execution" happens anyway.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 04:00 on May 17, 2017

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Ah, yes, FX and its "Just one episode left until the season finale" bullshit. Can't wait for my dad to text tomorrow asking if there are one or two episodes left this season.

I don't normally watch the preview but Claudia's reaction to "We'd like to go home now" is going to be good.

Zero One posted:

Oh god.

oh god.

That made me sick.

Not quite "please take all your medication so it looks like a suicide", but still pretty drat bad.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Oleg: Food supply chain investigator is pretty good. Uncovering some hard truths :ussr:

Oleg's character is really cool for some reason and I would watch a show centering on his career as a food service enforcer.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Yep, saw Pasha getting his rear end kicked from a mile away and it's no less hosed up Elizabeth/Tuan had a hand in it than when it first dawned on me.

Henry trying way too hard to be polite. :allears:

e- And now Paige is realizing not only is her life a sham, but even her name, too.

I had to look up Oleg's dad to figure out where the hell I recognized him from: The Hunt For Red October.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 04:05 on May 24, 2017

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

TUAN. :stonk:

This all rolls back to Liz talking earlier about how she'd handle it if one of her kids got beat up.

HOLY CHRIST HE'S JUST GOING TO LET IT HAPPEN. :dogbutton:

e- Then they go into happy family mode having made the surveillance and Tuan's sick :smug: grin.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

tomapot posted:

Seriously. Phil gave Elizabeth a sideways look when Tuan was telling them his plan "you said I had to do something". He was blaming her all the way for leading Tuan into this.

She sided with Tuan, too, at least initially.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Because Tuan acts the way she *wishes* Paige would act. Loyal, dedicated, zealot-like, and ~too eager to please~.

And now she's going to find out what happens when that goes too far.

Yep. And she'll be repulsed, but justify it out of the undying loyalty to :ussr:.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

VOTE YES ON 69 posted:

Episode was real good. I'm glad this show has had such a strong plot for 5 seasons. So many shows obviously have a perfect 3-season plot, and then go to contrived episode of the week poo poo after that.

I bet Pasha's dead, and both E+P eventually decide to defect. Mark it dude.

I was a bit worried this might be like Justified Season 5, which was easily the worst in that they spent a lot of it setting up for the run to the finish with lame villains and a lame Ava in Oz subplot. Fortunately, this S5 has been good.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Oh, now Tuan thinks it's hosed up.

And the tail was actually security for Pasha's family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

"Evgenia and Pasha are going back to Moscow"

"Good! You did it*!"

*It being causing a teenage boy to attempt suicide.

e- No, no, Paige is going to be a blubbering mess the whole time leading up to the revelation to Henry in Europe.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 03:22 on May 31, 2017

• Locked thread