Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

So here is the March thread and it is a very important thread because it is for March and March is the month of my birth! So very important indeed. To celebrate this month here are some facts that you might not know about me:

1. Madkal likes to read good comics
2. Madkal comes from Southern Africa
3. Madkal would say that his favourite character is Batman but deep down he knows it's WIld Dog.
4. Madkal has swam with dolphins and sharks
5. Madkal has a copy of Spawn number 1 which is missing it's cover
6. Madkal likes beer and comics (but not at the same time)
7. Madkal wants you to read good comics.

So there you go. Now you can used this discussion thread to discuss all things Madkal, as I am sure you want to do. If you don't want to discuss all things me though, I guess you can use this thread to discuss other things (even comic book related).

Also read good comics!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
The best March:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VadZSTuFcPo

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

quote:

We're not friends anymore.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

My birthday is also in March, I will grant you my approval for this thread

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Madkal posted:

5. Madkal has a copy of Spawn number 1 which is missing it's cover

Still worth the same as a copy of Spawn number 1 with its cover.

Madkal posted:

What is this bullshit I'm reading?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Madkal posted:

7. Madkal wants you to read good comics.

How dare you

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Spilling good beer on a good comic is a waste of both things. Also the more I drink the harder it is to follow the panels on the page.

Also good comics have been shown to improve your health.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I'm gonna sleep all day to make the Switch come faster. Comics don't exist.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Teenage Fansub posted:

I'm gonna sleep all day to make the Switch come faster. Comics don't exist.

Yeah you can save them up so you have something to do while the day one patch downloads

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Madkal posted:

Spilling good beer on a good comic is a waste of both things. Also the more I drink the harder it is to follow the panels on the page.

Also good comics have been shown to improve your health.
Oh, sorry about your poor motor control, I guess.

Anyway, happy birthmonth.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

purple death ray posted:

Yeah you can save them up so you have something to do while the day one patch downloads

I have, like three weeks worth of comics to catch up on, and now I'm between jobs and not reading on a bus two hours a day, plus Zelda, it's going to get far worse.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I think I'm gonna hold off on the Switch until Nintendo proves it's not going to have five games worth buying, total, over the course of its entire lifespan. (Hint: this is in fact 100% going to be the case because it's still underpowered compared to other consoles so nothing new worth a drat will get ported over and they're not killing off the 3DS, so any mobile game worth a drat won't be on Switch either)

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Endless Mike posted:

Oh, sorry about your poor motor control, I guess.

This is me. Except with beer and comics

Also thanks.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

CapnAndy posted:

they're not killing off the 3DS

They always say they'll support multiple generations and never do.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm getting a Switch because I have more money than sense.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Featuring killer apps like indie games from 2008, pre-order now

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The indie game showcase was actually super promising. Too bad the thing doesn't have a D-Pad :(

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The switch is going to be bad

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Look if I get a cool new Zelda and a cool new Mario I'm pretty much happy with it.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I just can't wait until they make the metroid game where Samus' helmet has googly eyes, and the Kid Icarus game where the laurel on Pits head has googly eyes, and the Fire Emblem game where all the knights have googly eyes on their helmets.

Lmao I'm just kidding, Nintendo is never going to make another metroid game

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

That's what Platinum is for.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Teenage Fansub posted:

That's what Platinum is for.

I want good games, though.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Endless Mike posted:

I want good games, though.

Hey, I'm tightening up the graphics on Level 3 over here all by myself!

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
Remember how the DS was this weird side-thing they were doing, and totally wasn't going to be a replacement for the gba? Nintendo has as bad a track record with supporting multiple generations of stuff as they do with American comics.

What I'm saying is 'Where's my James Stokoe Metroid, Nintendo?'

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Nintendo at least does a better job at backwards compatibility than those other fucks.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lurdiak posted:

Nintendo at least does a better job at backwards compatibility than those other fucks.

Until now.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Skwirl posted:

Until now.

Pretty much. Although everyone I know is hoping they make VC versions of all the Wii U stuff we all missed. Except the like 2 people I know who bought Wii U.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

lol mr president broke

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I don't think I've even seen this dude, where should I look for a laugh

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Marvel thread. He is the bigot that gets yelled at every time he posts

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

KaosMachina posted:

Remember how the DS was this weird side-thing they were doing, and totally wasn't going to be a replacement for the gba? Nintendo has as bad a track record with supporting multiple generations of stuff as they do with American comics.

What I'm saying is 'Where's my James Stokoe Metroid, Nintendo?'

Oh my god I want this.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Mr Hootington posted:

Marvel thread. He is the bigot that gets yelled at every time he posts

Sold, I'll get some giggles over lunch

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I won't be getting my first paycheck until next Saturday, which is a bummer since I have to wait a few days to buy next week's comics.

But on the very positive side, one week's worth of week is enough to pay for a whole month's of comics, so I'm pretty cool with it.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Endless Mike posted:

I'm getting a Switch because I have more money than sense.
I'm getting a Switch because it looks cool.

...and also because I have more money than sense (I don't have much of either, tbh).

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Apparently Zelda is good and actually ditched the eight hour tutorials and talking advice companions and keyring dungeon design that have plagued the series since it went 3D so I guess I have to get a Switch now

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You're never going to get an honest review of a Zelda game.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I don't think I've played a newly-released game since that Kingdom Hearts spin-off for the PSP. I don't remember when that was out but it's the last one I can definitely remember getting.

(I am excluding the new Steam expansions for Age of Empires II and the Steam re-releases of Sam & Max, Grim Fandango and DuckTales - I've played those but they're not new.)

I don't know, I used to be into games, but just stopped at some point. There aren't really many games I see that make me want to get back into it as a hobby.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Madkal posted:

This is me. Except with beer and comics

Also thanks.

oh youre in universe c, the infomercial universe? kinda amazed that comics exist there, I'd figure the printing companies would just shout "there's got to be a better way!" then throw their hands up into the air in frustration

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

KaosMachina posted:

What I'm saying is 'Where's my [...] Metroid, Nintendo?'

Federation Force doesn't count. C'mon Nintendo baby pls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Look, Nintendo would like to make another Metroid, it's just that they already covered how all women exist only to bear children and find ultimate self-realization through having babies while any rejection of that bio-truth is pure evil. It's not their fault that they've already addressed the totality of the female human experience and there's no other facets to address.

Other M was a franchise killer, sorry

• Locked thread