Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Agent_grey posted:

Battlechasers man, Battlechasers got your back.

Concerning Secret Empire, I've not been reading Captain America much but I do recall one of the first issues showing Steves hydra flip was because of red skulls cosmic cube kid changing him. Isnt this all leading to Bucky (since hes living with Cube Kid in Thunderbolts) having a "remember who you are" moment?

Something like that, no doubt. I mean, it was obvious to anyone who's been reading comics for any length of time that this would end with Steve overpowering the Kobik reprogramming and becoming Good Cap again. That'll likely be the denouement of Secret Empire (with there still being some consequences to the world from his Evil Cap plan that will let them say "nothing will ever be the same again!")

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Gavok posted:

I just spent a week in Orlando with four days in Disney and two days in Universal. As always, the Marvel section of Universal's Island of Adventure fascinates me. Mainly because of the Disney/Marvel deal that happened about ten years after the fact and how everything still coexists.

Also because the Spider-Man ride has the bizarre choice of a Sinister Syndicate line-up where it's Doc Ock, Hobgoblin, Hydroman, Electro and... Scream for some reason. As in the female symbiote character from Venom: Lethal Protector. The lady that looks like Carnage and Medusa had a kid. The villain who appeared in a handful of comics in the early-to-mid-90s along with one video game, then didn't appear again until about 15 years later for the sake of being killed off by Eddie Brock. They must have really been desperate for female representation on the Spider-villains front.

Because of Disney/Marvel, Islands of Adventure has almost completely been unchanged over the last decade. A couple rides got refurbished and they updated the costume for the guy walking around as Cyclops, but the whole place is drowning in 90's superhero art. Meanwhile, not a single reference anywhere to Iron Man because back in 1999, that's how little a poo poo anyone gave about Iron Man. They have a giant billboard-sized cutout of MODOK, but no Iron Man.

Meanwhile, Disney includes a quick clip of Guardians of the Galaxy during the montage at the end of the Great Movie Ride and is currently replacing Disneyland's Tower of Terror with a Guardians ride because that whole franchise became a thing after Universal had any chance to make any claim on it. You can have Gamoras walking around a Disney park but no Captain Americas.

The Spider-Man ride is also interesting because it's specifically the mid-'90s versions of those characters. Except Hobgoblin, whose wanted poster says "Edward Leeds." Which I found amusing on several levels, because I am a nerd.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

My Lovely Horse posted:

Well I'll keep going and maybe Claremont had an epiphany at some point.

Or at least stops sending the team to space. Love the space art, hate the space storylines, but did suddenly understand the joke behind that plot arc in Morrison's Doom Patrol.

I'll go ahead and stop you: He didn't.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

Tato posted:

My ugly and brutish child, Larry Hama's Generation X Run, is going to beat the crap out of your kid on the playground

This is why abortion needs to be legal.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

So some people in a Facebook group I'm in are twisting themselves into knots trying to turn Peter David's "I'd Rather the IRS Not Take My House" GoFundMe into an excuse to call him a shithead, and I want to punch through the loving universe like Superboy Prime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

They added all 5 season of The Real Ghostbusters cartoon to netflix!

Cool, I can finally see how that Doomsday episode ended!

• Locked thread