Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

CapnAndy posted:

I thought it was fine in Batman Begins, since with Batman it's somewhat the point that everything he's doing is so fast and confusing that all you're left with is an oddly-moving black shape and then it's gone and you've been beaten up.

My memory is the Ras fight had the fast editing too, and it just obscured the action when it shouldn't have.

I don't know offhand what movie had fast-edit fights prior to Bourne and BB (something did) but the fast edit problem is really apparent in late 90's Bay movies, like iirc Armageddon. A lot of movies at that time were using fast edits to disguise sloppy action sequences. I rewatched Blade 2 last week and was impressed that most of the fights kept the editing down, although that made the few action bits with fast editing more apparent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Doctor Spaceman posted:

How was Avengers World?

I thought it was ok, and probably worth reading on Unlimited, but I also remember it dragging somewhat. For whatever reason it just didn't stick with me.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3815654

here you go.

• Locked thread