Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

purple death ray posted:

Nintendo: Interest in Metroid is at an all time high thanks to this extremely well received trilogy that represents the best translation of a beloved 2d franchise into 3d since Super Mario 64, what can we do to completely ruin all of that goodwill and critical acclaim?

Team Ninja: Hold my beer

Team Ninja is on record that they were shut down when they tried to make better gameplay decisions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

Can I ask for some sources/links? I know they basically washed their hands of the story, but I've never heard any statement giving examples of things they weren't allowed to do, certainly nothing like Retro's mentioning that they weren't allowed to actually have Samus as a bounty hunter in any meaningful way because Nintendo didn't seem to understand what the phrase means in the West.

The most blatant example is that the sidewas NES-style control scheme was a demand from Sakamoto.

• Locked thread