Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The switch is going to be bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

lol mr president broke

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Marvel thread. He is the bigot that gets yelled at every time he posts

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

OK, so 130 issues of Alpha Flight for 20 bucks was not the great deal I assumed it to be

107 issues of anything for $20 sounds like a hell of a deal. :eyepop:

MU doesn't have it all so I'm jelly.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

There was a short lived Alpha Flight series in the late-2000s (maybe early 2010s?) which is kind of topical now because the bad guy is basically using the Purple Girl to brainwash Canada into a super-conservative fascist state, including turning Northstar's husband against them (in a VERY unsubtle anti-gay conversion allegory), and trying to make Aurora's 'good girl' personality betray the team for being immoral heathens.

It also gave us Centennial and the second Major Mapleleaf both are amazing characters/

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Madkal posted:

I own Lobo Paramilitary Christmas special and I still love it. I used to own Lobocop as well but I think I lost that one a long time ago.
I would probably pick up any Lobo trade DC would release but clearly they don't want my money.

Literally DCs business plan when it comes to older issue accessibility.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

So marvel unlimited had more Adam warlock comics dumped this week. He has gotten a lot put up over the last month. Was he ever cast in GotG2?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Madkal posted:

Is there a definitive year in which comics got rid of thought bubbles in favour of captions? One thing I love about reading old comics is the thought bubbles that always seemed more personal than a caption which could either be used for first person or third person narration.

Thought bubbles need to come back.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I highly recommend Kong: Skull Island. It is a very entertaining monster movie and is what A new King Kong needed to be.

The after credits scene is a massive nerd boner inducer too.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

joehonkie posted:

One of my local comic shops has a huge box of Legion flight rings because nobody wants a Legion flight ring.

I do.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

joehonkie posted:

Mr Hootington, pubic works project, bobkatt013, Lightning Lord, do you still want Legion Flight Rings?

Ugh, I don't have PMs so I must divulge PERSONAL INFORMATION. I knew this was a bad plan.

I'm fine. Thanks any how. :)

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I can't have kids.

Edit: which is good because I would name them Eel and Woozy.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Mar 20, 2017

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

*very D_T voice* *showing picture of family* these are my boys Jason Todd and Jason Todd and this little princess is Jason Todd.

*nervous person* who is the other young boy with their face scratched out?

*very D_T voice* that is our Tynion run Jason Todd

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Mar 21, 2017

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

BSS March discussion thread-Roth learns about Bukkake and shares their joy

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

What issue is this? Puck is god damned amazing and the best Alpha Flighter.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I get all my news about comics from SA and D_T's titty blog. Sorry to see all of your primary news source gone.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

They added all 5 season of The Real Ghostbusters cartoon to netflix!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

X-O posted:

Not ashamed in the least bit to admit I bought the Time-Life DVD Collection the first day it released even though it was super expensive. It was a good decision.

I bought it 2 years ago. It sits in a place of proud display on a bookshelf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

X-O posted:

Did that version still have the super nice steel cases? I heard after the initial run they replaced it with plastic cases.

Mine is a hard paper/cardboard type box in the shape of the firehouse.

or are you talking about the inner cases? mine are plastic, but are nicer plastic cases. not the cheaper plastic.

• Locked thread