Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Should've bought some propane accessories, I tell you hwhat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Do they constantly attract particles of dust from the floor?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

It's a narrative device. Old comics used thought bubbles because the narrator was the writer, and therefore you had to show what characters were thinking outside of the explanation of what was going on - modern comics use captions because typically they are written as narrated by the characters in the scene, and their thoughts are therefore part of the narrative rather than sitting outside of it in a bubble.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Every issue he fights a new electricity-based villain who knocks him unconscious.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Batman may well have had impressive hand-to-hand combat, but the main problem was that it's in vogue to quick-cut edit fights to highten the tension of the action scene - an effect achieved because the quick cuts bring the audience into the 'chaos' of a fight and the moment to moment decisions. The whole idea behind martial arts is control and not moment to moment but always having the next moment in mind, and quick-cuts directly undercut the martial artist by making the audience feel like the fight is out of control. If the quick-cuts were focused entirely on the opponents, and the Batman shots were static and held for a few seconds, then the fight would appear a lot more one-sided and enhance the character and by sacrificing the 'tension' of him fighting mooks you could use the editing later to even further heighten the tension during your climactic fight where he actually gets challenged.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

My kid's name is Blackagar.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

My family name is also Blackagar.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Because when you stare into the abyss the abyss stares also into you.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

site posted:

Be smarter than me and don't get tempted into searching that
I searched it because you said this.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

It's free speech not equal speech.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

I love comic books so much

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

It's Alpha Flight #2: Fear Itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Lightning Lord posted:

I read the Eagle reprints of Robo-Hunter at a real young age and noticed absolutely none of that most likely because I had no idea what racist caricatures were at like 7

Sure hated that cigar though
Predicted both vaping and how annoying vapers can be.

• Locked thread