Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Team Ninja wasn't the problem at all, and actively tried to fix Sakamoto's fuckups.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Gameplay was not other Ms problem.

It had poo poo gameplay but it was far from the worst problem with the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

Can I ask for some sources/links? I know they basically washed their hands of the story, but I've never heard any statement giving examples of things they weren't allowed to do, certainly nothing like Retro's mentioning that they weren't allowed to actually have Samus as a bounty hunter in any meaningful way because Nintendo didn't seem to understand what the phrase means in the West.

There was a good Let's Play done a few years back that had a section with interviews and dev comments.

Team Ninja kept wanting a less stupid control system but Sakamoto insisted they not use the nunchuk because ~reasons~.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Claremont's dialog is an improvement on what came before too.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

OhFunny posted:

I finished Hickman's Avengers/New Avengers/Infinity.

Felt bummed out seeing Tony and Cap end that way at the end of everything.
I thought the Iron Man / Old Man America fight was a bit of a wet fart of an ending compared to everything else that was going on. Was one of the only bits of Hickman's run I haven't liked so far (halfway through Secret Wars and tie-ins).

quote:

Gonna read Hellcat next on Unlimited for some lighthearted superheroics.
It's a great palette cleanser.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

The pacing is a bit weird too because the real "end" to the other plotlines happens later in Secret Wars 1.

I was happy that there was much less jumping around than with the Fantastic Four / FF run, and that with one exception you can just read everything a trade at a time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

How was Avengers World?

• Locked thread