Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I don't think I've played a newly-released game since that Kingdom Hearts spin-off for the PSP. I don't remember when that was out but it's the last one I can definitely remember getting.

(I am excluding the new Steam expansions for Age of Empires II and the Steam re-releases of Sam & Max, Grim Fandango and DuckTales - I've played those but they're not new.)

I don't know, I used to be into games, but just stopped at some point. There aren't really many games I see that make me want to get back into it as a hobby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Is Steranko still upset that Trump hasn't arrested Hillary Clinton?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Madkal posted:

Some days I just wonder what the he'll ever happened to Harvey comics and will kids today know who Casper the Ghost was? Then I feel old.

Remember when there was a Caspar movie in the 1990s? I remember it being pretty big when I was little; came out when I was maybe four. It's one of those movies that was pretty big but I think it's largely forgotten now.

When I was little I remember loads of movies seeming huge and I'd get really hyped for them even if I didn't actually go and see them in the cinema: Space Jam (which I did go to see), The Mask, Jurassic Park, Batman & Robin, Wild Wild West (I'm still so, so disappointed that that movie turned out so poorly), Men In Black.

I really keenly remember seeing the trailers for Cutthroat Island being on TV and they made a big impression on me; obviously it fizzled out in theatres and I forgot about it, but then when Pirates of the Caribbean came out about 10 years later I thought it was the same movie and it had just had a really long wait between the trailer and the release. :v:

It all built up to The Phantom Menace - I don't remember any movie ever having been as big before it had even come out as that one and I never had and never have been so excited to go and see a film (only The Force Awakens comes close).

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I think there's an identifiable point where Claremont's writing style undergoes a slight change, maybe around the time he wrote the Brood saga, and I think it's because he read Alan Moore's Captain Britain stories.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lightning Lord posted:

Claremont is your dad who was an activist in the 60s, 70s and early 80s yeah he was involved in free love poo poo but he totally was actually politically active as well and doesn't quite understand modern social justice concepts but really enjoys listening to you talk about them.

He's taking over Champions from Waid.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

CharlestheHammer posted:

Really I heard an interview with him and he sounded so old and tired.

Nah, I was only joking.

Roth posted:

He's 66, which leads credence to my belief that he's actually Marv Wolfman's younger brother, except way better.

New Teen Titans wanted so badly to be Claremont X-Men.

I like them both, but honestly, there's no contest between them. X-Men is leaps and bounds better.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I love the ones where, for example, J. Jonah Jameson would be ranting that he needs Pictures! Picture of Spider-Man while Betty Brant would say, "Mr Jameson, I don't understand why you're so obsessed with Spider-Man!" and Peter Parker would be in the background with a thought balloon that said, "No one must know that I am Spider-Man!"

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

X-O posted:

The monster stuff was good, anything involving a cast filled with people I really like was just awful though. It was a very poorly written movie propped up by some good giant monster fighting.

I don't know if I'll get to see it (if only because I never have time to go to the cinema these days) but I hope it doesn't fail or anything because I'm super keen to see Godzilla vs Kong whenever it comes out. :allears:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Chuck Berry no :smith:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
These are my least favourite offspring, Identity Crisis and Avengers 200.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Timeless Appeal posted:

Do you think Nick Cage forgot that he could have just named his son Clark?

Could've called him Luke.

• Locked thread