Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Madkal posted:

7. Madkal wants you to read good comics.

How dare you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I won't be getting my first paycheck until next Saturday, which is a bummer since I have to wait a few days to buy next week's comics.

But on the very positive side, one week's worth of week is enough to pay for a whole month's of comics, so I'm pretty cool with it.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'm gonna wait for a Black Friday sale on the Switch. Zelda looks does look really good, but that's not enough for me to $360 on it.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I bought a Wii U entirely for Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2 and do not regret that decision at all.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Betting pool for Secret Empire:

http://www.strawpoll.me/12456361

Edit - Oops, I forgot the option where it's all Carol's fault.

Roth fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Mar 3, 2017

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

That's no worse to me than the billions of dumb quips that Spider-Man has put out over the years.

I thought the issue was average overall.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

The Marvel one.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Also, considering the writer herself is a queer latina, herself I'm less inclined to believe she's writing jokes like that just for the kids to think it's "woke" or something.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

For some reason, writing two midterms today hurt like crazy to do. Like, it felt like my hand was burning while writing, and now I'm worried I'm starting to develop carpal tunnel or something.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

He's 66, which leads credence to my belief that he's actually Marv Wolfman's younger brother, except way better.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Wheat Loaf posted:

Nah, I was only joking.

New Teen Titans wanted so badly to be Claremont X-Men.

I like them both, but honestly, there's no contest between them. X-Men is leaps and bounds better.

Yeah, Teen Titans have been my favorite team ever since I watched the animated series as a kid, and I really would never put New Teen Titans over plenty of other great comics from the 80s, let alone Claremont's X-Men.

I will say though, I do think if you're more used to the writing and storytelling of modern comics, then a lot of comics pre-1985 do take a bit of getting used to to appreciate.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I feel like Watchmen also lacked thought bubbles, but there might still be a few in there.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Looks I'll be able to get this week's comics tomorrow. Made a mistake and saw that I get paid today instead of next week, so I shouldn't be late on getting new comics anymore.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Good to see the editor from Catwoman is still getting work

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Signing everybody up for germangoogirls itt

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

site posted:

What have I done

You have been coaxed into a snafu.

I'm sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Mr Hootington posted:

BSS March discussion thread-Roth learns about Bukkake and shares their joy

Please!

I'm glad this is my first significant impact here.

Roth fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Mar 22, 2017

• Locked thread