Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mr Hootington posted:

So marvel unlimited had more Adam warlock comics dumped this week. He has gotten a lot put up over the last month. Was he ever cast in GotG2?

The closest anything has been said was that Gunn recently said that an Adam Warlock toy that was released was not a toy for the movie even though it was released alongside the movie line. And then when some sites ran that as confirmation that Adam Warlock was not in the movie Gunn said it was not confirmation or denial of anything, just that the toy wasn't part of the Guardians movie toys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Teenage Fansub posted:

I thought Kong was trash. Larson and Hiddleston couldn't have seemed less interested in acting in it.

The monster stuff was good, anything involving a cast filled with people I really like was just awful though. It was a very poorly written movie propped up by some good giant monster fighting.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Vindicator can't melt steel beams. :colbert:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I mean, judging a show after 15 minutes seems really dumb either way. Unless it's a 15 minute show.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

hup posted:

So many asterisks!

Oh I know this one!

What is the Summers Family?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

So I have $10 in credit at a local chain of comic book stores that I can only use in the month of April. I am considering getting either:

Saga Vol. 7 TPB -- $14.99 (so I'd pay $5 out of pocket), but I could also read it from the library in the meantime, and a local used bookstore where I also have store credit will inevitably get a clean used copy, if I'm patient.

-or-

Spider-Man/Deadpool #6, written by Scott Aukerman -- $8 (which is much more than I would normally want to spend on a single issue)
-and-
Booster Gold/Flintstones, because I'm a huge Booster Gold fan and my favorite artist Mike Allred did the cover, even though I have never liked the Flintstones, even as a kid -- $4.99 (so I'd pay $3 out of pocket for both comics).

Saga will obviously be easier to read and get later, but what do you all think?

This is going to sound weird coming from me considering I don't and will never read one and have read and love the other, but go with the Saga trade. It's a trade and not a single issue. And as much as I love that issue, no single normal sized issue of a comic is worth $8. Go buy it on comixology instead.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Doctor Spaceman posted:

How was Avengers World?

I enjoyed it greatly. It's inessential but good. Especially the issues drawn by Checchetto.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Had no idea Comics Alliance was even still in operation.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mr Hootington posted:

They added all 5 season of The Real Ghostbusters cartoon to netflix!

Not ashamed in the least bit to admit I bought the Time-Life DVD Collection the first day it released even though it was super expensive. It was a good decision.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mr Hootington posted:

I bought it 2 years ago. It sits in a place of proud display on a bookshelf.

Did that version still have the super nice steel cases? I heard after the initial run they replaced it with plastic cases.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mr Hootington posted:

Mine is a hard paper/cardboard type box in the shape of the firehouse.

or are you talking about the inner cases? mine are plastic, but are nicer plastic cases. not the cheaper plastic.

No, the actual DVD cases are steelbooks. Mine has the firehouse case as well.

site posted:

Speaking of, in case you missed it the #1 for the new idw arc came out...last??? week

I bought it but haven't read it yet. I've heard it's good, but all the Burnham/Schoening has been really good so that's not a surprise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Someone make an April thread or I'll just restick/rename this one later tonight.

• Locked thread