Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Matt Wagner just announced the final chapter of Mage, The Hero Denied, will debut this summer. I've been waiting almost my entire adult life for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm kind of on the fence with Mage 3 because in a way, Matt Wagner saved my life.

Twelve years ago I was in a very bad place mentally. I was very close to taking my own life and couldn't find much of a reason to keep on living. I sat there in the tiny place I lived in and stared at the ceiling for hours and when I made up my mind to do it, I got up and glanced at my bookshelf where my newly purchased copies of Mage 1 & 2 were sitting. (The "new" HCs Image released). And I thought to myself "If I kill myself I'll never know how the story ends." And that night, that was enough to shake me out of it. The days after were not good but I often think about how the idea of not getting to finish the story annoyed me enough to not go kill myself.

And now he's going to finish it and a very small part of me is worried that sometime in the future I might be in a bad place again and I won't have Kevin Matchstick to save me.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
None of those books touched me in the way that Mage did!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Jesus God no.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
YOU FOOL

YOU FOOLISH FOOL

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's a lot of rumors floating around about how cash poor Stan really is and how he's got a lot of debts he wants to square before he dies. He made some really bad deals over the last 20 years and at one point didn't even have the rights to his own name. So I can understand why he'd unretire. But when we saw him at WW two years back he looked like hell and had to be prompted to do pretty much everything. Then there's that video from SDCC where he was on stage with the Fox film cast and when it was over he kind of wandered around looking confused and Channing Tatum rushed over to walk him off the stage.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cactus Jack posted:

Those old legends, especially sports stars, are never really broke since they can just hold an autograph signing/do photos. Rinse, repeat until they are dead.

At some point people stop giving a ahit though. We have people calling the store daily looking to dump sports autographs and a large amount of them are bottoming out in value.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If I get something signed it's always personalized. Celebs seem to appreciate it because you're clearly not trying to just make a profit off it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

I just don't see the point of an autographed thing if the autograph isn't a reminder of actually meeting the person. Otherwise it's just a dumb scribble.

While I am often puzzled by it, a large chunk of my profit share checks come from people buying autographed things so I don't complain.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

I wonder how many of those people are buying them just so they can sell them to other people who want to sell them, etc.

The stuff we sell is already marked up to what is considered "retail" so I'm assuming it's for themselves. We are currently working on getting Jaylon Smith in to do an actual signing so we'll see how many people turn up to get re-sellable stuff.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

People who forget the hyphen in Spider-Man should be arrested.

John Byrne stealth account sited.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's too late, your cover is blown.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Didn't that one guy loving him over in the Stan Lee Media deal really hurt him? Like, literally millions?

Yeah, like MILLIONS and if the old report is true Stan doesn't even have the rights to his own name currently.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

Vindicator can't melt steel beams. :colbert:

giggle

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I've got three yellow, one black, one blue and one indigo.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Flight rings were a pack in way back in the original DC Direct LOSH figures. They later released an updated version for some convention special and then when the LOSH series that debuted after Johns "Superman and the Legion" arc they made them available in bags of 50. I think we still have a handful of those at the store.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm on episode 4 and it's not even close to the worst comic book show ever. Could be more fights but the use of the IF thus far has been good.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
One of my friends last name is Swain and they're naming their kid Bruce and I've been waiting my entire life for this!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Teenage Fansub posted:

They could be more subtle and give him another name that could be shortened to a 'Bru' nickname.
That way he might not wish his parents death at every rollcall.

He's gonna wish death on ME. I'm gonna be that uncle (we're really good friends) who showers him in Batman poo poo.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He's not even a comic book guy, his wife just really likes the name Bruce!

One of my groomsmen named his daughter Rahne (after Wolfsbane) and his last name is Wilson. So his daughter appears to be named after Dwight from the Office and I never miss a chance to bring that up.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

purple death ray posted:

Waiting to tell them not to do this, right?

After the last two months of my life I need as many smiles as I can get.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

pubic works project posted:

That's loving awesome.

Our niece is named Kara and she gets tons of Supergirl poo poo from us. She loves it.

My wife wants to name any future daughter we have Diana, cuz of Wonder Woman. She's not even a comic fanatic like I am!

Ooooh! My future sister in law is named Karah and her mom is Lara!

They stared at me like I was an idiot when I brought it up.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

I'm gonna name my kid The Beyonder and my other kid The Living Tribunal.

Acceptible.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mr Hootington posted:

*very D_T voice* these are my boys Jason Todd and Jason good and this little princess is Jason Todd.

LoL. Fastest CPS visit in history.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

omnibobb posted:

Can I paypal you for a yellow? If we can't all be green lanterns, I can be the bad guy and they can beat me up

Email me at butiplayoneontv@gmail.com

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I've been to two weddings where the groomsmen all turned to face the guests and opened their shirts to reveal super hero shirts.

It's very awkward, especially when that one groomsman is 300lbs+

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Instead of gifts for my groomsmen, I paid their tuxedo rental fees. They were absolutely thrilled.

Every time my girlfriend made some weird plan for our wedding I reminded her that if we had to do anything nuts myself and the groomsmen were wearing this instead of tuxedos

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Guy Goodbody posted:

I think it should be equal speech. I think everybody should get an equal amount of speech. If you use it all up really fast, too bad, you don't get to express any more opinions.

I support this initiative.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

I think Hickman knew he was gonna end the run with Steve Rogers and Tony Stark locked in combat, but didn't know Steve Rogers was gonna be old and Tony Stark was gonna be a sociopath by the time he got to the end.

I think he was a bit annoyed by that. At the conference when they plotted the road to Secret Wars they didn't even have AXIS on the table yet.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Unlucky7 posted:

So, the writers at comics alliance on twitter are saying that the site has been put "on hiatus". So basically it's gone again :(

I am holding out for early April Fools joke, but I doubt it.

The site has been worthless since Andy Khouri left for DC.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Anybody got a link to PAD's GFM? I'm curious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

Apparently not curious enough to type Peter David Go Fund Me into google, but here
https://www.gofundme.com/peter-david-needs-your-help

I for some reason thought GFM's were private unless you were invited to them!

• Locked thread