Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

Just found out my local comic shop exploded yesterday.

http://www.kwqc.com/content/news/Explosion-causes-heavy-damage-to-Rock-Island-business-415493623.html

http://wqad.com/2017/03/06/emergency-crews-on-scene-at-rock-island-business/amp/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

I actively avoid buying anything signed. You want me to pay twice the going rate because some person I don't know met a celebrity I'll never meet and has them scribble all over my precious children's comic book? Why would I pay that? Its not enough that rear end in a top hat got to meet Stan Lee you want me to foot his travel expenses too?

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

Skwirl posted:

People who forget the hyphen in Spider-Man should be arrested.

Dude he just said he was at Jewish Halloween. I'm pretty sure I met a Herschel Spidermann at some point.

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

Madkal posted:

Is there a definitive year in which comics got rid of thought bubbles in favour of captions? One thing I love about reading old comics is the thought bubbles that always seemed more personal than a caption which could either be used for first person or third person narration.

During Bendis' run on Avengers when they added Ares to the team I distinctly remember Tony and Carol nervously wondering to themselves if they were flirting with each other while discussing needing new members.

... a Wolverine and a Thor?...

• Locked thread