Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You're never going to get an honest review of a Zelda game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nobody says hockey stadium, that man is a fraud.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No it's way worse because it takes 3 steps.

2 steps maximum.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're actually only replacing the Tower of Terror in California because the Universal deal doesn't apply there.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Mar 10, 2017

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I've heard it as the east coast, with some even tighter restrictions within 60 miles of the park which of course Disney's stuff falls into.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gavok posted:

Disney is barred from using the Marvel name as well as anyone who's part of the X-Men, Avengers, Fantastic Four and Spider-Man corners of Marvel. And I guess Daredevil too, since there's a Nelson & Murdock sign thrown in there. Guardians of the Galaxy is a special exclusion because the concept, at least as we know it, came to be well after the Universal contract happened. Disney is able to have people dress up as the characters, insert GotG footage into the Great Movie Ride, show sneak previews of the movies and even do a GotG ride itself, but they have to handle it as its own thing. In other words, it's "Guardians of the Galaxy" and not "Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy."

They do have a store that sells merchandise from those properties in Florida but it has a generic name.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's not just a just in case thing. Stan had announced his retirement from conventions and appearances and stuff, because the travel was getting to be too much for him. So as part of that they shot a bunch of planned future cameos they can just drop in with green screen.

(Then of course he unretired.)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhyno posted:

At some point people stop giving a ahit though. We have people calling the store daily looking to dump sports autographs and a large amount of them are bottoming out in value.

Well, I'm sure a lot of them are just getting it for themselves and not planning to sell.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I guess if you're buying a print, or original artwork or something? Adds authenticity? I don't know.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Stan Lee has to hold comic conventions under maritime law?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He pulled a fast one and only sold the name Stanley Lieber.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well that all checks out. I am now ashamed of my words and deeds.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If nothing else, it's nice that Iron Fist takes place during the drat day.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I watched the first episode earlier tonight, and wasn't thrilled. I lost count of scenes with Danny telling Donald Jr. and Ivanka that he just wanted to talk, with them getting scared or angry and trying to get rid of him. Too bad he couldn't blurt out something to prove his identity (like "Hey, remember we played that board game on the roof as kids, and Donald Jr. knocked everything over and blamed me when my parents showed up"), rather than just saying "We need to talk" over and over again.

I'm so behind on Flash, Arrow, Legends, and Legion that I won't be in any hurry to binge-watch Iron Fist after that opener.

He does exactly that in the car like a half hour into episode 1.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Mar 18, 2017

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

My Lovely Horse posted:

That's the exact one that finally made me think of Every Frame. And then they had the fight club and all I could think of was Ong-Bak.

I still feel like Batman Begins is at least partially to blame for establishing super close up, heavily edited fight scenes and showing that you can get away with it.

It was the Bourne movies.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

How could Wolfsbane have fans?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No the rules are that the entire deal signed 4 years ago was for 13.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If that doesn't work those mall kiosks that are everywhere will do whatever you want, I think.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't think it has s single court room scene.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's one good fight in 8, then yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That idea can work. That hook totally worked for Spawn!

• Locked thread