Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

These guys were featured in a music video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rIguM71LQI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

pick it up pick it up pick it up

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
There was a period of like two years when The Office, 30 Rock, Parks and Recreation, and Community ran back-to-back-to-back-to-back on Thursday nights on NBC and that to me is basically the best block of TV that ever did or will exist.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Elfface posted:

Here in the UK, the first I heard of Jaren was when he was arrested, so I don;t know how it looks in the US but...

Aren't Quiznos basically just putting a famous pedophile on their posters? And that's as far as most people are going to look?

That's Clickhole. The Onion's take on Buzzfeed.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

and now the serious version

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I personally use YMD in most cases if I can help it because it sorts better but I can understand the draw of MDY. In normal speech, people typically say "May seventh," not "The seventh of May," so MDY follows normal casual speech patterns better.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Down with the beard fish government!

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Ziv Zulander posted:

2008, it was my first time voting

e: wait, she ran in 2012, didn't she? who did I vote for in 2008?

If you voted Green in 2008, then you voted for Cynthia McKinney, who's... kinda crazy.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

ExplodingSims posted:

Is there anything to substantiate this conspiracy theory? I only ever see this posted on SA, and everything I've read about vine says that they shut down because they were losing money and had a carousel of CEOs.

It's just a joke, not a conspiracy theory anyone actually believes. I think.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

oldpainless posted:

Considering how poor the American public education system is, I’m not surprised more parents are turning to home schooled programs.

Most parents who have the ability to homeschool make enough money that, if their concern is quality of education, they can just enroll their kid in a private school or move to a good school district. So quality of education isn't why most parents choose to homeschool. Most choose to homeschool because public schools aren't Jesusy enough for them and private schools that espouse their specific brand of protestant evangelicalism are rare.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Who What Now posted:

It's not a D&D thing, it's a Final Fantasy thing. An old one, too

Which one do you think came first

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I liked the Last Jedi. I can understand not liking it. What I don't understand is the people who say it ruined the franchise. Did they just not see the prequels or what
There's nowhere to go but up

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Bobby Digital posted:

It is their last name.

Oh, I thought they named the baby Hatch after the Senator.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Fart City posted:

Is this like a fetish thing? It somehow feels like a fetish thing.

The premise is "if celebrities lived in Oklahoma"

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

New Ark update lookin good

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Night In The Woods 2 lookin good

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Vato posted:

Color me stupid, cuz I don't 'get' the jokes here.

The second one, that's an engine, I think. First one, no clue.

In the first one, the joke is that the guy's name is HaHa Clinton-Dix.

In the second one, that's the check engine light, which (usually) means there's a non-urgent problem with the car and you should fix it/get it fixed, but a lot of people just leave it alone.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

The MSJ posted:

My mom feed our cats raw fish and they are all end up pretty healthy.

Like you never had 3 generations in your family talk about balls over social media.

The bald eagle's more like a squawker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlq2kcYQcLc&t=13s

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Aleph Null posted:

How does "anti-war" make sense? I don't even.

Edit: okay, so anti "Send in the Marines" but pro "Send in Blackwater"?

Libertarians are generally anti-war in a "why should we give a poo poo what happens to brown people" kind of way.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

That sounds about right, actually

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Lobok posted:

They have "apps" now that they can "download" onto "smartphones" to broadcast that kinda info.

Yeah but they didn't have those in 1993.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

The Mighty Moltres posted:

Why wouldn't a company want its brand name to be synonymous with the type of product it sells? It's free marketing!

Because then other companies could legally use that name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Yeah that definitely isn't an actual Garrison and I'm 99% sure it was made to make fun of him.