Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

LifeSunDeath posted:

yeah I mean, anime is brain poison, no matter the era.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Jabberlock posted:

Kamikaze-flying my accurately modeled real-life waifu into Pearl Harbor to kick off WWIII

What's the character limit on thread titles again?

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Kheldarn posted:

I own 2 mugs. They are for ice cream only.

Non-traditional mug use is the way. I mostly use mine for flavored nuts so my hands don't get all gross.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

dialhforhero posted:

This is a legit and good guitar pedal fwiw and is responsible for the sound of the Smashing Pumpkins:

And Weezer, and the White Stripes, and Jimi Hendrix, and Muse, and Ben Folds, and Cliff Burton and...

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

No. 6 posted:

That's a very funny video but not for the reasons the creators intended.

That video is amazing and Satellite High is a credit to the forums.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

No. 6 posted:

Maybe I missed context. Is this not a terrible video made by a nerd lacking any self-awareness?

*turns monitor on

No, it's one of the greatest pieces of satire ever created. He also released a diss track aimed at Captain Dan that was pretty stellar, too.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Phlegmish posted:

Maddox's site was the funniest thing in the world to me when I first read it at age 12 or so. I probably shouldn't try to read it now, I have a feeling humor like 'for every animal you don't eat I'm going to eat three' doesn't hold up too well

I still think being super critical about children's art is loving hilarious, and I still intermittently giggle about the firetruck that needs a shave.

But yeah, most of that poo poo has probably aged like milk.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

In this house we believe
Yoshi is Mexican
Mario is Cuban
Luigi is illegal

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Nachos, obviously.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Philippe posted:

Somehow he became British.

So glad they kicked him off of GBBO, he gave me the creeps.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Also for playing Genghis Khan in Bill & Ted. He was loving EVERYWHERE in the 80s.

Also what an amazing ad, goddamn.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Scratch Monkey posted:

book was 1000x better

Yeah, I was super disappointed with the movie.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Der Kyhe posted:

Its the only Ghibli one missing from the local Netflix and reading the synopsis of it I think I will never want to watch it.

You should watch it. Once. It's great.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Railing Kill posted:

:same:

Also, Dear Zachary

Edit: I had a similar experience as someone described above for Grave of the Fireflies. My buddy and I rented every anime in our local Hollywood Video over many months (yes, accidentally finding a misfiled hentai along the way). But another time we got Grave of the Fireflies and hoooo boy it sure was not the teen drama or whatever magical bullshit we thought it was going to be.

I saw it in a dorm room full of dudes and as soon as the credits rolled one of my friends turned to me with tears in his eyes and bellowed "Why did you do that to me?"

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Lol you're a cyborg

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

I have two titanium staples in my scrotum, is that enough for cyborg status?

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

West Chester, Pennsylvania's main entry is via High St, and the way out is via Gay St. Their motto is "Come in High, come out Gay" or some such. I dunno, it's kinda cute.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Empty Sandwich posted:

a friend is getting gas near whenever this is

Kumon logo is not impressed, as always.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=56EsDMTnvkI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

You're really gonna wash all that down with a single Spindrift? Are you the LA Beast?