Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Protip: be white, never get bothered by the cops again!

(I can confirm this works)

I can confirm this as well. 38 years, 20+ years regularly carrying, 0 arrests

I would also recommend driving exclusively "mom" cars. You become practically invisible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."

JesusGeorge posted:

Counterpoint, 0 years carrying, see accident, call it in, become fall guy for cop's personal drug dealer in accident. Convicted of reckless endangerment. Still, I figure I'd be dead or in jail right now if I weren't white.

gently caress, that is horrible. And you are probably right. I am the son of a career cop, and I don't trust a single one of them.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

mysterious frankie posted:

Yeah, but they're both available there. It's slim profile, like I said, but every state that has both Yeungling and Wawa gets added to the list of Best States, regardless of how lovely and bleak they are to live in otherwise. If there's a state that has both, plus a Taco Johns, I would seriously consider moving.

Arkansas here. We just started getting Yeungling and we have Taco Johns, not in my corner of the state sadly. No Wawa though. In this state, that's a common nickname for Walmart.

Ommin has a new favorite as of 07:09 on Jul 31, 2018

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Bored posted:

Edit:poo poo. Top of page.

Rolo posted:

This is one of the only pictures that I will laugh at indefinitely until I stop looking at it

Pick posted:

This image is on my shortlist of pictures I never, ever stop finding funny.

And it really only works because it's Dorothy. That rear end could be in any other hole and it wouldn't be as funny.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Solid joke, but it might be a little on the nose.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
Does anyone know if the person that runs the fake God accounts on FB and Twitter is a goon? I swear I see the same content with almost the same jokes from them but always a day or two after I’ve seen them here on the forums.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Bertrand Hustle posted:

There are multiple god accounts, at least one of them might be a goon.

Oh. Right on. There is one in particular that I see a lot and appears to repost from Woke Sloth often. I don’t know. It’s just seemed way more than coincidental, but the internet is also kind of a small place.

A Moose posted:

wait there's a real one?

Yeah, I deserve that. And I can’t really justify why I worded it that way. :shrug:

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Now I'm imagining a show called God Cop, Bad Cop where God and Satan are detectives who have to solve a series of crimes for some reason.

And their lackey/ assistant, named Job, is the subject of their constant abuse and demanding errands.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

xtal posted:

Early Rick and Morty was actually very good, but the fanbase is so bad that I don't want it to be in my search history. That's how bad the fanbase is.

That’s how bad all fanbases are becoming. I’m glad I’m old enough now to enjoy things without having to make it apart of my identity or spend all my time defending it. Fans ruin everything.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

MariusLecter posted:

One guy has them front ways, another has them the other way. Yes.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Looks like somebody had an anal date with an MST3K robot.

If I’m not mistaken, I believe that’s Buzz Lightyear. :gonk:

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Zipperelli. posted:

You've got a friend in me
:golfclap:

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

Is the giant blue wave going to wash Trump away? Will the sign he's hammering stop it from hitting the beach?

Seriously, if the point is to diminish the idea of a "blue wave", I would think the perspectives should reversed. He should have made that sign a border wall. I mean, keep some consistency in your propaganda.

Also, I don't get why the Twitter bird is a pirate on the Censor Ship? Is it the one that sprung the leak in the boat?

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Stryder posted:

I'm the Jewiest caracature of Mark Zuckerberg ever drawn.

Which one is suppose to be Zuckerberg? I still don't know who the Peter Lorre looking one is suppose to be either. How am I suppose to know who to be outraged at?!

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Memento posted:

I think your Ted Kennedy is supposed to be George Soros? At least, I can't see him anywhere else on this maniacal mural, and Garrison has as much of a hate-boner for Soros as he has a love-boner for Trump.

I thought that was supposed to be Mueller.

Memento posted:

Zuckerberg is in the ship with the Z on his hat.

No idea who Peter Lorre is supposed to be. I'm going to check the Politoons thread to see what they have figured out.

Thank you. There is just so much to dissect. Like it just dawned on me that, by portraying Cohen as a rat, does that not imply that Trump is a crook?

Ahhhhh...:doh:

Ommin has a new favorite as of 06:32 on Sep 5, 2018

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Memento posted:

I edited my post with the brainworm'd ramblingsinsightful commentary of the hackartist.

Wow. I'm glad he provided a legend because I never would have guessed Doresy. Twitter is progressive? :stare:

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Data Graham posted:

I always have to remind myself, old people were once in their 20s and enjoyed actual humor too.

Oblivion awaits us all :rip:

I’m 38, and I’ve already seen the signs. I enjoy puns more than ever before, and I’ve acquired an almost instinctive ability to make situational “dad” jokes. :iia:

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

RatHat posted:

I admit it took me until the KO to realize this was a joke.

The Onion SportsDome deserved better. I thought the episodes they made were pretty solid. (E: I remembered the show, but had to look up the name.)

Ommin has a new favorite as of 08:41 on Sep 7, 2018

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Stryder posted:

Never knew the Spy Vs. Spy guys had names, but this makes sense.
:golfclap:

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Here's a thing, I'm going to see Hannibal Buress next week and got this email from the venue today

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Che Delilas posted:

So I assume the standard procedure here is to set your phone's ringtone to something horrible with the volume to the max before securing it in these cases. Anybody have any go-to rings for this kind of situation?

I was just going to leave it in the car, but you have straight flipped the script! :aaaaa:

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Gynocentric Regime posted:

Too late for a refund?

Oh I don’t give a poo poo. I’m still going. I’m a fan, but I just thought it was ridiculous.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

We Know Catheters posted:

Some comedians started doing that for shows but then noticed that a lot of people would keep leaving their seats to go check their phones. 😅

That’s loving stupid. I really don’t get those people, or the ones that watch every concert through their phone so they can record it. Just loving enjoy the moment as it’s happening! 🙄

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

chitoryu12 posted:

I like to have photos and videos so I can return to those moments instead of trying to rely on my memory years later.

Sure, most people do. I do. I’m talking about the people that never stop recording from beginning to end. I was at a show recently where I saw several doing it and one was nearly obstructing my view. Maybe I’m the cranky old guy that needs to stop going out, because it just really annoys me.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I wanted to name mine No Collusion in Russian, but it wouldn't accept Cyrillic script. So I named it [REDACTED].

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Those diabolical bastards!

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
Deer Hunter 2: Buck in Action

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Maybe we wouldn't be if you nerds didn't have such awful opinions.

Do goons have awful opinions or do we have awful opinions because we are goons? Yes. To both. Not sure why I bothered asking.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Kheldarn posted:

Probably PYF Macros & Memes. The Bowsette meme turned into debate about if Peach is Bowser, Jr.'s mother.

One more reason the Mega Rule needs to come back.

Hey, I started that debate! I need to go see what's going on......:yeshaha:

(I was just asking about the rumor. I didn't expect it to become a thing. Sorry)

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Comptroll The Forums posted:

I'm sorry was I the only one under the impression that Beyonce was pronounced "bay-wunss"?

Yes

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
My current favorite thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDFBTdToRmw

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
When you nut in space, no one can hear you cry.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

oryx posted:

what part of the human body is that on?

I've now seen this pic/question combo in like 3 or 4 threads without a satisfactory answer. Everyone seems to be pretty sure it's a knee, but not exactly certain how. I'm starting to think , maybe, the back of the elbow. Who knows! Are we certain it's even human?

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Clitch posted:

Just LoL if Mary Poppins isn't a top in your headcanon.

I can imagine "Mary Poppins" is an often requested theme with BDSM crowd. Just a gut feeling.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

That's way more logic than I would have used but well said. I always hated this theory. It seemed too cut and dry.

Related: When did The Office and Always Sunny crossover? They are connected on the chart, but I'm drawing a blank.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

forbidden dialectics posted:

The guy who plays Oscar played a bar manager in "The Gang Tries Desperately to Win an Award", I guess \/:shobon:\/ Meredith was also a cop in one episode.

They can’t just count the actors. It has to be the same character. That’s cheating.

HPanda posted:

I think most of those crossovers are just "Used the same fictional brand name product at some point."

That’s cheating too.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

The commitment on that fall is commendable. :golfclap:

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to imagine these "AI" images are actually glimpses into some dark horror universe that's trying to merge with ours... you know, as a fun game.

But really, goddamn, some of those are truly disturbing.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

I was glad to find that as well (the setting and the "no war" tattoo on Ilya's arm had me checking Wikipedia lol)

Sucks they lost Gokk and Boo though, really surprised me that they stayed behind. I really need to catch them live now that they are in the states.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Rockman Reserve posted:

real loving talk for a second here, I don’t know how to claim this without sounding like an absolute moron/psycho but without a shred of reservation the Barbie movie was inexplicably one of the best movies I’ve ever seen

the first five minutes have an extended homage to 2001 and a deep cut joke about the 2010 Citizens United Supreme Court decision, the set design and choreography is great, and the soundtrack is brilliant and used really well. if you want to go in blind go in blind, but I described it as Barbie discovers Death, Ken discovers the patriarchy.

I absolutely agree with this post, but would also like to add that Ryan Gosling's performance was on another level. He went all-fuckin-in 1000% and did not disappoint. I don't know that he needs an oscar, but someone should give him some kind of award. Goddamn. And I hate to give him so much praise because it's the Barbie movie and the message within it, but it shouldn't be ignored.

I was expecting a funny satire and watched a masterpiece.