Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Aphrodite posted:

So if you see their hands you can tell the difference?

Of course it is but guys get in trouble for good hits that cause freak injuries too.

I'm going to assume that Daniel immediately had the tip of his left pinky cut off as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grack
Jan 10, 2012

xzzy posted:

He's gonna draw a gun from his pants as he enters the neutral zone, shooting two defensemen and the goalie on his way to the net to ensure he scores and wins the game.

Crosby's got gambling debts.

Hockey play, no punishment - DoPS

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Extremely :effort: GDT is up

grack
Jan 10, 2012

JawKnee posted:

:lol: Willie D. giving Chapt 19 minutes of ice time, Boucher < 12, Sbisa leads the D-men for TOI

gently caress you Desjardins

Desjardin's been pretty consistent with giving younger players low ice time at the beginning and slowly ramping it up so nothing really surprising, there. Boucher at least got second unit PP time today so that's a positive. Boucher and Boeser looked fine, Goldobin looked a little lost positionally.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

JawKnee posted:

The lowest of bars. Chaput should not be with the twins.

The twins have been absolutely loving horrid for the past two months regardless of the winger they're paired with.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Crosby has hacked the fingertips off of more opposing players so he should win the Hart because that makes his team's opponents worse.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

"I can't believe we wasted 1st round draft picks on a 70 point first line winger and a 50 point second line centre!"

grack fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Mar 27, 2017

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Turris played in Arizona but had mental health issues that they couldn't or wouldn't address. Even still, saying that either was a bad use of a draft pick is kind of stupid given the circumstances.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

hifi posted:

yeah same. maybe he's thinking of brule?

Mmm, perhaps I've mixed the two up. Regardless, Turris did play in Arizona for two seasons before being traded.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

T-Bone posted:

Also when you're talking about the Coyotes and you realize you'd still take their organizational depth over the Devils. Is there a team with a worse future than New Jersey? Maybe Vancouver if the Devils manage to stay in the top 3 this draft?

Canucks actually have decent prospects/young guys in the system right now.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Athanasiou got pushed in to Lack by a Canes' player, it wasn't intentional.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

"This guy is skating full speed at my net trying to score a goal, what can I do? I know, I'll shove him directly in to my goaltender!"

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Grraarrgghh posted:

That is the saddest roster I've seen in years. My god.

What the hell is the Avs excuse?

They have one player with more than 40 points, no players with more than 17 goals, no goaltending, maybe two good defenseman, a miserable coach and a mind-bogglingly lovely GM. The Ryan O'Reilly trade was awful. They're paying Gabriel Landeskog 5.5M/year, Erik Johnson 6M/year, Carl Sodeberg 4.75M/year and Varlamov 5.9M/year.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Three straight seasons of declining numbers is worrisome for a goalie.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Jarome Iginla gonna be traded for literally nothing.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

"It's going to end up that Jarome Iginla was traded for literally nothing."

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Why am I not surprised that no Canucks were taken?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

JawKnee posted:

*monkey paw's finger curls down, Jim Benning exposes Tanev*

Even I don't think Benning is that stupid. Hutton, Tryamkin and Stecher are all exempt, so it's three of Tanev, Edler, Gudbranson or Sbisa and I'm pretty sure Tanev is going to be protected.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Spring Break My Heart posted:

I don't think any upset would be super surprising, as has been the case since the 90's.

Except the Caps making it past the second round.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

I think Zaitsev is a top pairing D for Toronto with Reilly?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Chad Sexington posted:

Kuznetsov has practically made a career out of that move. Also who can forget this vicious scrum between Elias and Giroux?

I've seen kittens playfighting that was more vicious than this.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Furnaceface posted:

So I was having a fun argument/discussion with my dad about how the playoffs are shaping up. The only things we could agree on are that the Rangers are somehow getting no attention and the most likely team to win the East and that the Blackhawks are probably going to get upset in the first round.

I hope we are wrong because a Ducks/Rags SCF would be almost as bad as the Kings/Rags one.

Even with their miserable track record I'd take the Caps over the Rags and the Pens will be right there as well, especially if they can get some of their injured D back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Hart winner right there, folks.

• Locked thread