Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

Teemu Pokemon posted:

I forgot to post this but a 100% accurate opinion piece of the islanders arena situation from a friend of mine: https://medium.com/@imdonbecker/who-says-you-should-go-home-2f367755911f#.b9vxya4l4

I would be happy to have them move back into Nassau county. The trip to a game went from about 25 minutes by car to an 1:20 by train from western Suffolk. The Barclays scheduling also sucks for me since the islanders have all of like 3 Wednesday or Friday night games all season because the Nets get scheduling priority those nights. Those are my nights off from work and I haven't been able to make it to a game all year.

It's not laziness that keeps me from seeing games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

Teemu Pokemon posted:

quote:

I can understand fans from the far reaches of Long Island skipping games, especially if the train trip is more than an hour. I can understand families, who now might have to pay $20 per person to get to Brooklyn instead of per carload to park. But there are plenty of fans who, like me, live about 30 minutes away by train but can’t be bothered to go to a game, even when they live on a train line that doesn’t require changing at Jamaica. And those fans, willing to abandon the team over a train ticket and an extra 10 minutes of travel time, make up an alarming majority of the fan base.

I don't live out in Coram or Riverhead. It takes an hour or more from an arch from Wantagh - Bethpage - Glen Cove and further out. That's All of Suffolk and a decent chunk of Nassau that make it inconvenient as hell to get to a game from.

More expensive tickets, more hassle, more travel costs and time and up until the Cappy firing a losing product. No surprise a lot of the original fan base wasn't making the extra effort to get to the barclays to have crappier sight lines and pay more for concession (which were much better tasting at least).

Also hurting them are all the monday/tuesday/thursday home games instead of Friday ones.

The guaranteed revenue from the arena deal is great and worth it for the team, but if they end up having to renegotiate those terms then why stay?

The Coliseum was/is a dump and a half but Barclays has plenty of its own problems.

Rotten Cookies posted:

Josh Ho-sang getting good ice time, time on PP, overtime, and a spot in the shootout. And he looks alright doing it! :eyepop:

So, wait, does this head coach know you're supposed to have the kids rot on the 4th line? Why can't Doug Weight do that!

He's looked real good, lot of jump and hasn't made many mistakes so far. Aside from that 3rd period PP shift where he just didn't want the puck and played hot potato with Seidenberg? 7 or 8 times in a row.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

N: Islanders continue to play bad against the Hurricanes

V: Josh Ho-Sang is a cool and good hockey man :toot:

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

CBJSprague24 posted:

N: Alexander Wennberg won't play today due to a stiff neck which resulted from a questionable cross-check/head first into the boards hit by Ryan Strome.

V: No penalty was called on the play. Good job, NHL. :downsbravo:

alternatively
N: Alexander Wennberg won't play today due to a stiff neck after he takes an awkward spill into the boards after blowing a tire right as Ryan Strome does something that happens dozens of times a game.

V: No penalty was called on the play. Good job, NHL

• Locked thread