Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

Owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thufir
May 19, 2004

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Duke seems like an AHL lifer to me. He's 21 and still in the WHL (and not really dominating). But stranger things have happened.

Well, they need an AHL team too.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

Levitate posted:

I might hate the red wings specifically because of that play and their stupid terrible announcers

IMO they're bad enough that they loop back around into mildly amusing.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

Zodijackylite posted:

What is bad about hockey are stoppages that interrupt fast play. Offsides reviews that rewind the game on a technicality are terrible. Scrums after big clean hits are also dumb, and it is much better when they're responded to in play and ramp up the intensity of games. Scrums around the net after the goalie covers up in traffic almost up the intensity of the stoppage, but fighting after hip checks is dumb.

Also: Stop loving around taking forever lining up faceoffs and kicking guys out and redropping the puck. Nobody in the crowd gives a poo poo if you're absolutely fair and faceoffs don't matter that much anyway.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Make it like Mario Party - bonus goals are awarded to the team with the most shots, the most penalties, etc.

Or make every goal worth 7 - people love that one for some reason.

Every goal is worth 6 and then they get a chance at shooting through a little slot from center ice for the 7th point.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

Top faceoff guys in the league are like 55%. It's nearly dumb luck.

Yeah IIRC someone figured the best guys add like 5-6 expected goals a season.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

Hopefully everyone in the West gets to pad their goal totals against a terrible expansion team for the next few years. The Vegas Goldens will save hockey.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

DJExile posted:

Yo Blues just go ahead and make those your new primary uniforms, thx

Yeah they are much better than their old thirds or whatever those navy ones with the arch on the crest were.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

Chad Sexington posted:

Hopefully the Vegas arena is easier to get to from the strip than it is to go from Miami to Sunrise. Even when I lived in Florida and they were giving out free tickets to anyone with a driver's license, it was like, "Eh, the traffic though..."

It's right next to it, walkable from everything down near MGM, New York New York, etc.

efb

Thufir
May 19, 2004

Fil Forsberg is apparently the first player to score 30 twice as a Predator which I guess should not be that surprising given their reputation.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

Kilza posted:

The Golden Knights are starting to get into some pre-game routines:

https://twitter.com/GoldenKnights/status/847856569551175680

This is cool but it's either going to be real sad when this dude shoots a million "First player!" promos and then never cracks the lineup or he's going to get hundreds of NHL games played despite being bad because "First Player!"

I mean, I guess he could end up being OK but that seems like a slim chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thufir
May 19, 2004

JawKnee posted:

he's probably as likely to get a shot as anyone they'll pick up in the expansion draft

Most of the expansion players probably have a stronger background than undrafted* CHL overager.

edit: *I guess he was a 6th rounder a while ago.

Thufir fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Mar 31, 2017

• Locked thread