Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

robziel posted:

Practically :perfect:

:cmon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

That's a drat good X-23 but all I can think is she'd make the best Morticia Addams ever.

But Morticia Adams doesn't have metal claws. This is preposterous.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Honestly, it looks a little more Mecha/Sentai Gyrados to me

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Digging the Communicator watch

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Why do people keep dressing up as orange sadness? I just don't get it.

I kind of hope "Orange Sadness" catches on as a nickname for Velma now

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

So a kind of etiquette question regarding cosplay at cons. I know most people are coll with "hey, your costume looks great can I get a picture?"

Are there professional photo booths or kiosks set up where they charge for pictures? Part of me feels like there is a good market for taking good quality shots, but do Cons have anything against it?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

What I was really thinking was a monetized booth that had a chromakey background that you could change to whatever someone wanted (copyrights excluded) so forest glen, to city rooftop, to medieval castle, to clouds in the sky. Either photo realistic or cartoony or comic book style. Have a little prop stool or box to sit/stand/lay on to simulate flying/hovering. Send people a digital copy for a couple of bucks or send them with a good quality printout for a few bucks more.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I think I've seen enough Jack cosplay to ask - Do they make official pre-tattooed body suits/sleeves, or is everyone customizing sleeves? If the second, how? Sharpie?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Being an aerospace engineer almost feels like cheating

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Warm und Fuzzy posted:

That could be a cool motion blur effect. Somebody use that material on a Flash costume.

I think that's tulle, but that's a great idea. If I ever want to do a fast costume, that's what I'm doing

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

My brother, once again, killing it.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

It's a cool costume, but all I can think is "I hope that stuff just washes out of his beard". I can't imagine having to brush that out. I'd sooner shave.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

The second one's lit in such a way that make them seem like high res screen shots. Nice work all around really.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

You are stuck on an airplane next to one of these people. Choose wisely.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

LemonLimeTime posted:

So I'm not sure who on this thread is familiar enough with Steven Universe and it's characters (likely all of you because it's a cosplay thread), but my girlfriend and I are thinking about going as Yellow and Blue Diamonds for Halloween. I have friends who do cosplay and they usually pay to have their costumes done for them by someone else. Could anyone point me in the direction of some good resources for someone living in the New England area? And how much would this cost for each of us, roughly speaking? (we'd be paying for our own costumes individually)

The linked thread is probably the best place here to get started. Unfortunately, it's drat near impossible to guess how much someone else might charge for a custom piece of clothing. It will depend on what material is used, how long it takes and how many adjustments need to be made. As an absolute stab in the dark I'd imagine a couple hundred, but again, total guess. Or to put it another way, probably enough that you would want to use it for more than one halloween.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Bro as Swamp Thing

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Question Friend posted:

Is there a kind of facepaint that doesn't stick to your eyebrows? Or something that gets it off your eyebrows but leaves it on your skin?

I think you'd need some other kind of physical barrier like some scrap piece of latex applied over the eyebrows and then removed after painting. I think just patience and a friend might work best.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I saw that guy yesterday and I regret not taking the opportunity to get a picture with him.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Both of them, really, though I doubt I could identify Debbie without Fester there.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Cleretic posted:

https://twitter.com/AEW_Dynamite/status/1189713909198073858

Wrestling gets weird sometimes, but I'm here for wrestlers indulging in being total nerds.

I don't know what tickles me more: The wrestler dressing up for Halloween or the announcer saying "As he calls on the power of Sans from Undertale" like he knows what those words mean.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

ruddiger posted:

So not only is he a great cosplayer, now he reveals he knows how to paint really well too? Goddamn.

Not only can he paint really well, but either he's looking down at his own chest and doing it upside down or he's looking in a mirror and doing it backwards.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

ZixTheYeti posted:

You mean Death Note?

:perfect:

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

namlosh posted:

Gotta clean up after the flood

Those are from the other green space marine game.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Probably lovely photoshop. The costume feels really thrown together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Regular Wario posted:

oh thats one of those spinning holograms, i thought it was lit plastic

Same. Still cool as hell.