Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I would like FC Dallas to win more again this season. Supporter's Shield was cool, but shucks I'd like to see them look confident/not injury-ridden in the playoffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Genuinely surprised that FCD continues to find success despite lowballing the way they do.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
FC Dallas is doing good despite paying people pennies. Both a good thing and a frustrating thing, imo.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
FC Dallas limps into their weekend showdown against Houston with negative momentum. Oh boy.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
FC Dallas has hopped aboard the bullet train to Mediocreville. Really feels like they're banking everything on the future of their younger players.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Man. What year is it?

Any year but 2016, I suppose!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/soccer/soccer/2017/09/05/maximiliano-urruti-happy-fc-dallas-president-dan-hunt-go-go-say-things-say

Just piss off your own players, Dan Hunt. You just go and do that.:allears:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
FC Dallas should just never win again.

They've been pretty good at it, lately.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
This FC Dallas news...god drat.

If they fail to make the playoffs, this season is a complete disaster. Even moreso if something as braindead as subbing in an illegal player is what causes it.

Full :qq: mode rn

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
FC Dallas

back into the void with ye

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Christ, a team for Dallas, Houston AND Austin? Just setting the stage for Texas to be the worst state in the union at soccer.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/soccer/soccer/2017/10/18/like-needed-know-bad-fc-dallas-season-ended

FC Dallas has been even worse than I fully realized. Goodness gracious.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Though I am still laughing at FC Dallas winning their must win and still (deservedly) being left out of the playoffs, I do wonder if MLS will ever revisit their stance on goal differential and tiebreakers.

Doesn't change my opinion on the season, as FCD totally chose to flop around in a toilet instead of play games in the back half, but it's still hilarious that San Jose is going to challenge the league with a -21 in GD. Hell, I hope they win it all.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

whypick1 posted:

Reminder that you got 2 points you shouldn't have if the league weren't spineless cowards and actually obeyed the Laws.

MLS will totally use that fact to justify keeping things the same.

Oh well. I'd say this season could be the thing to convince FCD ownership to spend just a pinch more, but hahaha no.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Jack2142 posted:

To be fair didn't your big buys in Lamah and Colman kinda flop?

I suppose so. It's not complete doom and gloom for the team, honestly, as their youth league players seem to be developing nicely. But still, this season was a punch in the mouth after 2016's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
FCD is all about making history, baby.:c00lbert:

• Locked thread