Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

XyrlocShammypants posted:

So no Kaka and no Pirlo in MLS next year. Looking pretty thin on anyone worth getting a jersey for. Not many aging thirty something players left to dominate mls backlines nowadays

Haven't Kaka and Pirlo been pretty poo poo this year? or am I missing something...

Also which MLS coach ends up replacing Brucey?

Jack2142 fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Oct 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

insider posted:

The articles that are flying around on si.com and else where say a group of Columbus businessmen tried to buy the team from Precourt at either the full 100% or 50% ownership and he refused.

He is obviously deadset on moving the team.

I am loving crushed.

It makes so much sense now why the marketing for the team has been non-existent, and why any stadium upgrades have been non-existent. He has obviously wanted to move the team from the start of the 2016 season. What an absolute fucker.

Yeah as a guy from Seattle I understand the bullshit of an owner who is desperate to move at all costs.

Also I just realized this move explains why this was going on awhile back... http://www.mystatesman.com/sports/soccer/mls-trademarks-possible-names-for-potential-austin-franchise/ebRZrUnOnfwMjpYYywBXZL/

At the time people were confused because the Aztex or whatever had an utterly terrible bid for expansion, but now it seems clear that it was a relocation not expansion moving the gears.

Can't wait to watch the AA play!

Jack2142 fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Oct 17, 2017

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Crazy Ted posted:

So there's late-night scuttlebutt from Brian Strauss and others that 2-4 of the MLS teams that have full reserve teams in the USL might not bring them back for next year. Suspects floated about are Orlando, Philly, NYRB, and Seattle.

Apparently it's part the MLS organizations going "Hey it turns out we have to spend money on these guys and we don't like it" and part the USL going "Yeah so we want to be D2 so you guys with your hundreds of people who show up to games are actually bad for us now".

I mean the MLS essentially pissed away a few million dollars on bad reserve teams to bulk up the USL and kill the NASL, not the worst trade in the world. Then they can just reform the teams later if they want in D-3, its not like it is really going to change much. Meanwhile they can just loan some guys out to other USL teams.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

https://www.sounderatheart.com/thefuture/2017/10/18/16494300/sounders-2-moving-to-tacoma-for-2018-season

Maybe the source was wrong and conflated moving the team with closing the team. I mean people might actually go to the games now...

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

The Pro/Rel argument in US soccer is the same as gun control in this stupid country... it goes in circles solves nothing and pisses everyone off for different reasons. No one ever brings up a new or interesting point, they just re-hash the same arguments continuously and no one gets convinced one way or the other.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Nostradingus posted:

We don't need more Texas teams.

But the Mexicans!

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Shinjobi posted:

MLS will totally use that fact to justify keeping things the same.

Oh well. I'd say this season could be the thing to convince FCD ownership to spend just a pinch more, but hahaha no.

To be fair didn't your big buys in Lamah and Colman kinda flop?

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Thanatosian posted:

As a Seattle fan:

I would love to repeat, but really, Toronto deserves it. I'm okay with whatever happens, as long as we don't get knocked out by Portland.

This man does not speak for all of us.

I hope Toronto flames out embarrassingly in a fitting tribute to their stars Bradley & Altidore.

Jack2142 fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Oct 26, 2017

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

trem_two posted:

People are suggesting that Columbus deliberately under reported last night's attendance, they reported actual attendees instead of tickets sold, which is the normal standard. They had a smaller reported attendance than the Houston match, and the stands looked pretty empty for that one.

Doesn't Houston seat a few thousand more people than Mapfre?

Seriously though I think these playoff wins are Precourts nightmare, because now instead of fading away they are now front and center in admittedly the small world of US Soccer. I wouldn't be utterly surprised even if the Crew manage to make it to the MLS Cup that Precourt will gut the team next off season to justify moving them when they look like 2013 DC United or at the very least spite any new owners that might buy the team from him.

Jack2142 fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Nov 1, 2017

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

joshtothemaxx posted:

Let's play Spot the Fancy rear end Ho. I'm the literal dog man.

I think Fancy is actually Ben Olsen's SA Account.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

shoplifter posted:

Columbus Mayor and Alex Fischer of the Columbus Partnership (major business group, 15+ Fortune 1000 CEOs are members) to have a meeting with Garber and Precourt on Nov 15. Originally we were told it would be after the season, so I'm not sure if this is good or bad.

Well it was supposed to be after the Crews season. :derp:

joshtothemaxx posted:

New USMNT roster. Posting here because why not. Glad to see Hamid, CCV, Miazga, Williams, and Dwyer, but there are still weird choices. Sapong? Agudelo? Lichaj?

U.S. ROSTER BY POSITION (Club; Caps/Goals):

GOALKEEPERS (3): Jesse Gonzalez (FC Dallas; 0/0), Bill Hamid (Midtjylland/DEN; 3/0), Ethan Horvath (Club Brugge/BEL; 1/0)

DEFENDERS (7): John Brooks (Wolfsburg/GER; 32/3), Cameron Carter-Vickers (Sheffield United/ENG; 0/0), Eric Lichaj (Nottingham Forest/ENG; 13/1), Matt Miazga (Vitesse/NED; 3/1), Tim Ream (Fulham/ENG; 26/1), Jorge Villafaña (Santos Laguna/MEX; 14/0), DeAndre Yedlin (Newcastle United/ENG; 48/0)

MIDFIELDERS (7): Kellyn Acosta (FC Dallas; 16/1), Tyler Adams (New York Red Bulls; 0/0), Alejandro Bedoya (Philadelphia Union; 65/2), Lynden Gooch (Sunderland/ENG; 2/0), Weston McKennie (Schalke/GER; 0/0), Kelyn Rowe (New England Revolution; 3/1), Danny Williams (Huddersfield Town/ENG; 22/2)

FORWARDS (4): Juan Agudelo (New England Revolution; 26/3), Dom Dwyer (Orlando City SC; 3/2), C.J. Sapong (Philadelphia Union; 2/0), Josh Sargent (St. Louis Scott Gallagher; 0/0)

The only one I actively hate is Villafania, why not call up one of the younger MLS guys who are actually playing like B. Vincent or Acosta (RSL One). Other than that sub like Pulisic in for Gooch, and the Gonzalez from Monterrey for Alejandro and then pretty much any other left back for Villafania I think its fine, outside of forwards.

In regards to forwards I think this is the dregs of the pool that is healthy other than Sargent who is a prospect.

Still want to see Weah, Siebatch and maybe Novakovich get a look. Morris is probably a lock for January, Wood needs to have a break after a rough last couple months. Jozy should never get another look especially after being a whiny bitch baby these playoffs.

Jack2142 fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Nov 7, 2017

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Seltzer posted:

Line up for Portugal

Honestly looks like a better roster barring the attack than the trinidad roster. Also I'm pretty sure CCV hasn't been capped at the senior level?

I think he got called up under Klinsman, but was never capped.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Oh cool my birthday will be the expansion draft I can laugh at the lovely journeymen who will have to uproot their lives to get cut after a year paying LA rent.

joshtothemaxx posted:

Offseason schedule released, like anyone gives a poo poo, and the LAFC expansion draft is on 12/12. Teams protect 11 players with GA and HG players exempt.

My hot take for DC United:

Exempt:
Julian Buescher
Chris Durkin
Ian Harkes
Jalen Robinson

Protect:
Luciano Acosta
Paul Arriola
Steve Birnbaum
Russell Canouse
Nick DeLeon
Taylor Kemp
Chris Korb
Patrick Mullins
Chris Odoi-Atsem
Kofi Opare
Zoltán Stieber

Available:
Deshorn Brown
Steve Clark
Sean Franklin
Jared Jeffrey
Eric Klenofsky
Patrick Nyarko
Lloyd Sam
Marcelo Sarvas
Rob Vincent
Travis Worra

fake edit: lmao this roster is so bad.

I think you have seeds of a decent roster there Acosta/Harkes/Cannouse/Steiber/Arriola gives you a decent midfield. You do need a non-trash forward and to replace pretty much your entire defense except Birnbaum if he isn't dead.

Jack2142 fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Nov 14, 2017

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Dallan Invictus posted:

Against all common sense, ratings have apparently been better for the midweek playoff games than the weekend games last year, so I suspect the madness will continue even if the rumoured move back to single elimination happens.

(note: I'm getting that from the lede, I don't have access to the rest of the article either)

edit: in other news, I am growing increasingly suspicious that Vancouver's going to lose our manager to the Wales job (not because of anything more than a gut feeling, granted - but assuming they want to give it to a Welshman there basically isn't anyone else they could afford with even vaguely relevant experience who wouldn't be terrible) and I'm honestly not sure whether to be sad or happy about it.

I think Tony Pulis is free atm, but I am not sure if your lumping him in with terrible.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Star Man posted:

Oh christ the finals are going to be a rematch where the only thing that changes is that Seattle gets exactly one shot on target but it gets into the net.

:hawksin:

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

whypick1 posted:

Here's something to argue not-playoffs to argue about :

https://twitter.com/MLS/status/936423896349380608

Watson? Really?

Your not dyslexic enough his name is Waston.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Kilson posted:

Nah, that would cause Jozy to collapse under the weight. Dude goes down whenever someone breathes on him.

I look forward to Jozy trying to step up like he did to Klejestan than pussing out because the guy bigger than him in Torres turns up.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

shirts and skins posted:

Deuce Juice was a fun name, but they used a pic of Dempsey on the can so that was a quick C&D from the team.

Seems like it's just a few ECS douches up in arms about this, very likely the same people responsible for flipping off TV cameras and yelling at the team for commercializing them. It's pretty stupid, since they're essentially an adjunct to a commercial operation, the Sounders, but Seattlites gonna Seattle.

Incidentally, Three Magnets is in my hometown--nice place, but the reason for the name is some truly kooky new age bullshit. I grew up in a weird place.

Olympia is weird I agree.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

shoplifter posted:

I found it interesting that Michael Bradley got 0.0% of the player MVP vote, but 9.52% of the "franchise" vote.

https://twitter.com/JeffreyCarlisle/status/937753762285854720

I am gonna assume the sole media vote for Bradley was that Kurt Larson guy.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

whypick1 posted:

So option two is "gently caress it, let's just copy Providence Park"?

Isn't Austin just store brand Portland? So that makes sense...

Crazy Ted posted:

LOL is about the only thought I can muster about this.

I am fully confident in Hope Solo's ability to beat the competition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

binge crotching posted:

And it looks like TAM has been increased to $4.0m for 2018 and 2019. The base $1.2m is paid by the league, and teams can pay an additional $2.8m out of their own pockets.

At least I am supporting a team that will take advantage of that... RIP all the garbage teams like Philly & Colorado.

• Locked thread