Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Emron posted:

My ticket rep just told me my 2018 season tickets are non-refundable

Lol what, how is that legal in this case?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Emron posted:

The 2018 season is still being played in Columbus, so that’s their justification

Oh, well that's really lovely of them but that makes it a lot better at least. I thought they were going to make you pay for games that weren't even happening.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Your Boy Fancy posted:

I hear spending money to field dogshit is a European tradition

Listen if you're going to poo poo on Milan at least use the right thread.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Wicka, I largely agree with you on almost all of these points but there's no need to melt down about it like an insane person.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Nostradingus posted:

largely because pro/rel would 100% kill fan interest in the league, and fan engagement is ultimately the most important thing. No fans, no league; no league, no national team development.

I'd be more interested to be honest. What does 1/2 of the league have to care about at this point?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Dallan Invictus posted:

Players and coaches? Their jobs. Fans? Spite and hoping some of the kids get a chance to impress. Mostly spite

I meant the fans, sorry I was unclear. Like you linked, I would hope that players and managers want to win every game they play in.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

That does actually make me wonder which, if any, MLS teams are profitable. Are there any?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

MY FRANCHISE DESIGNATION

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

the escape goat posted:

when the actual fresh hell will the full playoff schedule be out this is garbage this league is garbage and so loving help me if there's a match on halloween I'm gonna show up in costume goddamn gently caress mls

I imagine the league would want this? Would be a fun atmosphere.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Brad Friedel is the new Revs manager. Ok.

https://www.revolutionsoccer.net/post/2017/11/09/revolution-name-brad-friedel-head-coach

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Hungryjack posted:

Mike Jones

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Remember how we keep talking about substandard managing? Brad Friedel is a bad attempt to sell tickets.

This!!

It's really annoying; I really hope they at least tried to sign a real manager and maybe just couldn't lure anyone worthwhile to the team. I know that's not true though.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Shrapnig posted:

No and no.

*The revs organization frantically falls over itself to sign her up*

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

tk posted:

I do not think I could be any less excited about watching another Seattle-Toronto final. I’m sure it will be a bit more exciting than last year’s given the changes to the teams, but still.

I want little gio to lift a big trophy, maybe jozy can put him on his shoulders and take him to a pizza party after.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

XyrlocShammypants posted:

It’s so cool that we have to wait so long after the season for the playoffs to conclude and cup match. Would be interested to know what percentage of MLS viewers are totally tuned out or don’t know when the loving thing is even going to happen as a result

I was looking for something to do during the Toronto - Columbus game and noticed there were a lot of posts in this thread so I watched the second half. I honestly had forgotten this season was still going on.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Crazy Ted posted:

Good lord: https://deadspin.com/seattle-sounders-fans-are-hopping-mad-at-beer-1820945875

I'd put a quote in here but I'd just end up quoting the whole thing.

"Appropriating the culture" lmao as if their whole thing isn't just the baby bitch version of European ultras

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

MLS Cup is this weekend, right?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

binge crotching posted:

Saturday, ESPN

1600 EST looks like, right in the middle of Juve - Inter. Two screens it is!

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Tigren posted:

Is that kickoff or Taylor Twellman time?

I'm assuming it's like an hour before kickoff if the rest of the season is any evidence. Who loving knows any more with this idiot league.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

E wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

👉👌

• Locked thread