Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

DR AIDS posted:

I agree with you. On the other hand, he plays for the team I like, so it owns.

Ozzy Rulez

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
The 2 minute highlights are available on mlssoccer.com and easily accessible from the match page.

The 4 minute "extented highlights" are available on their mobile app, which is so poo poo they have to put the only good thing they produce on it. You can't get to them from the match page either, you have to scroll past all the individual goal videos in the "Goals & Highlights" section to find them.

The 20 minute condensed games are available on MLS Live.

Edit: The funny thing is, if you intercept the traffic from the app, you can see the extended highlight pages still exist, but they explicitly deny permission to them: http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/03/12/san-jose-earthquakes-vs-vancouver-whitecaps-extended-highlights. The video streams are also listed and play in VLC. But nope, they really want you to use their poo poo app.

tk fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Mar 12, 2017

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Bowling: Varies

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Seltzer posted:

I'm not joking, I'm really glad I support an original franchise. We may only get 80% attendance but our stadium is full of people who like soccer instead of the concept of soccer.

Whatever you need to tell yourself.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Seltzer posted:

Uhh, ok. In fact I'm actually really glad we have 80% attendance because I can get a 20 dollar ticket basically on the pitch anytime I want. There are sounders fans paying like 80 bucks for lovely tickets or put on waiting lists lol.

There's nothing wrong with enjoying cheap tickets and empty stands. It's fun, and that's why I would go to a Reign or USL game. But low attendance and cheap tickets aren't because you "support an original franchise" or that you "like soccer instead of the concept of soccer", it's because your team is putting out a poo poo product in a poo poo location that people don't want to go to. They aren't keeping attendance down on purpose because they were founded earlier or have a fan purity test before they sell you tickets.

You also seem to be grossly misinformed about the cost and experience of attending a game at CenturyLink field.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

trem_two posted:

lol at MLS and Atlanta supporter groups trying to manufacture a "rivalry" between Atlanta and DC.

This sounds funny but I think you got the wrong tweet there.

https://twitter.com/MrAndycameron/status/858345860052041729

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Seltzer posted:

My point was that being an original franchise most of our supporters came to watch soccer when it was extremely unpopular because they liked it.
soccer hispterism that plagues a lot of MLS.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Seltzer posted:

Just keep missing the point
I've never had trouble watching and enjoying games in Seattle or Portland or San Jose or Columbus. There are always people that are just there as a social event, and there are always supporters that are seemingly more interesting in drinking and yelling than watching the game. But there's also always a soccer game going on, and it turns out I'm there to watch that and not be concerned with whether or not the people sitting next to me liked soccer "before it was cool".

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Star Man posted:

Better than the Rapids.

Not by much

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/08/28/playoff-probabilities-every-mls-team-after-week-25

Eastern Conference

Toronto FC - >99%
New York City FC - >99%
New York Red Bulls - 90%
Chicago Fire - 89%
Atlanta United - 88%
Columbus Crew SC - 82%
Montreal Impact - 38%
New England Revolution - 9%
Orlando City SC - 2%
Philadelphia Union - 2%
D.C. United - <1%

Western Conference

Seattle Sounders - 98%
Sporting Kansas City - 97%
Houston Dynamo - 91%
Vancouver Whitecaps FC - 90%
Portland Timbers - 89%
FC Dallas - 79%
San Jose Earthquakes - 30%
Real Salt Lake - 25%
Minnesota United FC - <1%
LA Galaxy - <1%
Colorado Rapids - <1%

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
What does the MLS relocation process even look like? Do the other owners have to approve it or anything?

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

TwoStepBoog posted:

I wonder if they'll promote Cincinnati FC as a way to compensate Ohio.

This is like putting a team in LA to compensate California for losing a team in San Diego.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Azerban posted:

in actual relegation news, i'm loving how much of a comic book villain this guy is

Comic book villains are way better at planning than this.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

MLS would be much better off if FC Cincinnati and their 20k+ crowds were in MLS next year by getting promoted or whatever. As opposed to some expansion process that will take years and squander all local excitement by requiring the team step on the throats of local government to get a stadium paid for that they can not afford to build along with the expansion fee.

Sure, but Cincinnati is, what, 12th in total points in the USL? They wouldn’t be going anywhere.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Nostradingus posted:

I hate that they try to hype it up as a big announcement. Nobody cares about the ASG anymore and we all knew what they were gonna say as soon as we learned it would be announced in Atlanta.

I'm just mad because MLS sent a push notification to my phone for this poo poo.

Disabling all notifications will set you free.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Thanatosian posted:

gently caress, they may be putting one of the conference semifinal matches on Halloween. Why the gently caress would you do that?

Isn’t the answer to stupid scheduling poo poo always “TV”?

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Emron posted:

Precourt is using the exact same language to pump Austin as he did Columbus lol

https://twitter.com/yumdynasty/status/925900654266241024

Moving out of Ohio in your early 20s is pretty Authentically Columbus.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
https://mobile.twitter.com/JeffreyCarlisle/status/930970894939201536

Guys, we’re trying really hard to stay in Columbus, but the city just isn’t doing all of our work for us.

We successfully reinvented the brand but it wasn’t successful. What else are we supposed to do?

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
I do not think I could be any less excited about watching another Seattle-Toronto final. I’m sure it will be a bit more exciting than last year’s given the changes to the teams, but still.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

XyrlocShammypants posted:

It’s so cool that we have to wait so long after the season for the playoffs to conclude and cup match. Would be interested to know what percentage of MLS viewers are totally tuned out or don’t know when the loving thing is even going to happen as a result

This is one of the primary reasons that I think I’m so unenthused about it. I was all ready to go at the end of the season, but that was forever ago. I’ve been on two vacations since then.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

paddyboat posted:

Random twitter find: New stadium for the Austin Crew is already in the works?

https://archpaper.com/2017/12/big-stadium-east-austin/#gallery-0-slide-0

This looks like poo poo.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Tigren posted:

I'm not about to go read Ohio State law. What are the potential legal ramifications here?

From the Columbus Dispatch: http://www.dispatch.com/news/20171206/lawmaker-wants-to-use-law-passed-after-browns-move-to-block-crew-from-leaving

quote:

The basis for the action, he said, is a 1996 law that says no owner of a professional sports team in Ohio that uses tax-supported facilities or gets public financial assistance can move out of town unless the owner gives six months advance notice and gives the city or local individuals who reside in the area the opportunity to purchase the team.

What "the opportunity to purchase the team" means isn't clear, and it hasn't been tested in court. Would be awesome if it worked or made things difficult for Precourt though (and then every other state subsequently passed the same law).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

The Light Eternal posted:

Seriously I feel like we’re being gaslighted here. Crew Stadium is a couple miles from downtown Columbus. Columbus has a large sprawling metro area, and Crew Stadium is firmly in the center of it.

To be fair, it is right next to a Lowes.

• Locked thread