Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

As soon as they announced the baffling hiring of Adrian Heath, I knew they would get savagely owned a bunch. I did not however expect them to get record breakingly owned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

What's even goofier than that video is that the league is mad at the Galaxy for making it and is going to give them a talking to about it.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

They probably gonna bump Mike Petke up.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Dan Kennedy is finally free

https://twitter.com/LAGalaxy/status/851871812564668416

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Goddamn the Galaxy are bad this season and if anyone thinks Curt Onalfo is gonna turn that team around they are nuts.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/sinow/status/874797306280910848

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Just. Yeah. Embarrassing. Outscored 17-3 in 4 days and 3 games.

Onalfo out.

Front office needs to go with him. We placed Robbie Rogers on the season ending injury list two months ago and no sign of a real replacement for him, on top of all the other weird signings and decisions.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Dallan Invictus posted:

I mean, I get that you guys are in the middle of an injury crisis but if Onalfo wasn't fired after Tuesday then what on earth would it take?

That said I won't believe that LA can't come back and make the playoffs like they always do until a) the transfer window closes without some big summer signing (like the rumoured Gignac bid I guess? I don't know if striker is LAG's biggest hole though, as opposed to, say, a better central midfielder than Jermaine Jones and a better keeper than Clement Diop), or b) immediately after the final whistle on October 22nd.

I think as long as we're ravaged by injuries LA is pretty hosed. The front office gambled that they wouldn't need to have MLS level players ready to fill in for starters and instead tried to rely on their USL players.

They got absolutely smashed by the worst team in MLS.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Tigren posted:

Even after the ravaging and smashing, we're 2 points out of a playoff position and 4 points out of 3rd place. As long as more teams make the playoffs than don't, I can't seriously count us out. We'll get the "stars" back eventually, and the injuries will work themselves out. Everyone knows the MLS season doesn't actually start until August.

With that said, I'd love it if we could get a new striker/center mid/right back/keeper/head coach/GM, at the least.

That Gignac rumor is lovely, as is the Movsisyan if the price was right.

Yea but what if Alessandrini turned out to be a bust?

So much of the Galaxy offense has run through him that it's not a stretch at all to imagine a record much worse than this one if he hadn't turned out to be great, and a record in the future that could be outside of the playoffs should he get injured for a significant stretch of time.

There's so little depth in the Galaxy roster right now that a few injuries to key players leads to a situation where you have to field six USL guys all at once and make desperation signings like Jack McInerney.

That's just problems with the roster itself. You then have to remember Curt Onalfo is in charge of this team.

threeagainstfour fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Jul 7, 2017

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Tigren posted:

I didn't want to be the one to say it, but yes. Vagenas is part of the problem as well. It's like the whole organization went Homegrown real quick. Hopefully they can figure it out sooner rather than later. It would be really great if the Club could produce something great from within.

I actually think they can produce something good. I don't however think the Galaxy can really develop these guys if they are all on the field at once.

Consider Steres debut year where he was the only USL guy starting regularly, surrounded by MLS guys. With Less pressure on him and with veteran support he was able to develop well. He had a great year and looked good this year when he was healthy.

Now you have guys like Nathan Smith out there with a bunch of other USL guys, Yolo Van Damme, Ashley Cole, and a half engaged GDS.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/SamMcDowell11/status/889899830033752064

Dom going to Orlando apparently.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

camoseven posted:

Meanwhile, DC United still have 0 (zero) designated players, and our Late Game Offensive Substitution To Try To Spark A Goal on Saturday was..... CB Steve Birnbaum as a target forward. :discourse:

What's up our forwards are nearly getting outscored by defenders buddy.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

bewbies posted:

isn't de jong poo poo in addition to being a poo poo

He's very good, especially for MLS.

He's just in a perpetual state of suspension for trying to separate other player's feet from their legs every game.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

wicka posted:

No one is saying don't enjoy watching the sport, jfc. I don't understand why it's impossible for people to read a criticism of their beloved MLS without taking it as a personal insult.

To be fair this isn't really unique to MLS. People get really into [sport, sports team, movie, video game, tv show, etc] and get all kinds of riled up when people come to critique it.

Personally I really enjoy MLS, but I also agree with the general premise of that article that the league is and probably has been for some time operating at a loss. Though I think calling it a Ponzi scheme is a bit of a stretch and basically click bait. That implies intent to defraud the billionaire owners buying into the league and without some leaked communication that points to the contrary, I doubt Garber and the people who run the league think the league is just going to collapse in the next ten or so years.

The moment of truth will probably be in 2024 when the tv deals are up, so see y'all then.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Releasing after the game is a bold move. Totally fire.

Bookmark it for when they miss the playoffs alongside us and we can call be owned together.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/kbaxter11/status/894940945132601344

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

I hear we're taking calls about Jermaine Jones. Which ever one of your teams is going in on that is dumb as all hell.

Almost as stupid as we were to sign him in the first place :(

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Which dos Santos is the good one

When Gio first got to the Galaxy he had a really good run with a lot of goals and assists.

From then on he's been basically invisible in every game.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Hello Towel posted:

The Fire are in the playoffs for the first time since 2012 :yaycloud:

I'm happy for you guys

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Curt Onalfo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Galaxy got them knives out and cut a bunch of under performing dudes who came up from Galaxy II.

Kind of surprised to see Jose Villareal go, the rest not so much.

https://twitter.com/kbaxter11/status/927976213561278465

• Locked thread