Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

The whole team of FC Dallas just walked in to the restaurant I'm at. Its taking everything in my power not go something dumb for the 'Gram.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

I didn't have the stones good posters of the MLS thread. I am a disgrace. My inner Nick Miller came out and I chickened out. I feel ashamed.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

You'd think the measly $2-3m/year for kit sponsorship would be a no brainer for Coke considering the absolute fuckton they spend on ads every year.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Seltzer posted:

http://www.espnfc.us/major-league-soccer/19/blog/post/3073497/2017-mls-anonymous-player-survey

Anonymous player survey. Most overrated player - Mix Diskerud. Who crosses the line the most - Alonso #1 Felipe #2.

This is awesome

Vindication! I've been whining about Alonso getting away with so much poo poo for so long. Personally, I feel the guy does enough underhanded poo poo to average about 2 yellows a game. It's nice to know the players feel the same.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Shrapnig posted:

You and literally everyone else who watches MLS, congratulations.

Battling Seattle homers in denial has skewed my perception of what the rest of the league believes I will admit.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

ShutteredIn posted:

Vytas, Ridgewell, and Powell all had to leave training with minor injuries today so uh, the Timbers defense on Sunday could be very interesting.

Any advantage we can get at this point is awesome because I'm pretty sure Garcia is starting again.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

We need to move to a European schedule!

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Didn't England get special dispensation for an extra day of the January transfer window because of 'hardship' when they got 1" of snow?

edit: Yep!

quote:

It is also possible that leagues may extend the transfer deadline, either on a league-wide basis or for a specific club, based on certain extenuating circumstances. In 2009, for example, the Premier League gave Arsenal an extra 24 hours to wrap up a transfer for Andrey Arshavin after snow over the United Kingdom on deadline day disrupted negotiations.

B.B. Rodriguez fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Mar 10, 2017

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Visual Sneeze posted:

I'm not crazy, right? The 4 minute extended highlights on the league's site really did vanish? I went to look for them for today's earlier games but there were only the 2 minute videos up and all the extended ones from last weekend that I definitely did previously watch were nowhere to be found.

They're certainly loving gone from MLSLive. I'm pretty pissed about it. I really don't want to watch condensed matches all the time. The 4 minute highlights were perfect.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

thelazyblank posted:

LA-POR game is a clown fiesta, and I say that as a Timbers fan who's team is benefiting from this so far. A weird second yellow on a non-foul by LA that led to the Timbers' player injuring himself is peak MLS clownshoes.

That's just Baldomero Toledo. Both 'fouls' for Jelle were dives. Here's hoping Guzman, Chara, and Adi get suspensions from the DisCo, but I'm not holding my breath.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

I'm going to be ecstatic if we finish 7th. gently caress.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

1 pt. 1.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Minnesota United are becoming real boys. One of their SGs is feuding with the league because they couldn't put their logo on a joint SG banner. The logo? A loon with a Soviet hammer and they are a 'Marxist' SG. They can't understand why MLS might be slightly against such an innocent logo. They're calling ticket reps and threatening to cancel season tickets.

They're all grown up.

Ps: gently caress LOLnalfo. Get me Bunker Bob.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Hey! Who could have forseen that?! No way!

At least we're going to get another 8 digit check from the NFL for another year.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

shirts and skins posted:

Welp. Here comes the annual call-up bug. Between injuries and call-ups the Sounders are left with one (1) forward on the roster, international superstar Seki Akedoya(!?). They will be playing at Columbus, who just lost to Toronto 5-0.

MLS can be crazy so I will be happy to be wrong, but I get the sense this game will have all the goal scoring action of that Huddersfield/Reading playoff. Perhaps I will spend Wednesday evening watching paint dry instead.

At least we were already missing Lleget, J³, and Rogers. Now we get to lose Dos Santos as well. I don't think I could be happier that Gyasi has been sucking lately.

Also, this is officially a winning streak according to the rules laid down by the greatest manager of all time:

Lou Brown: OK, we won a game yesterday. If we win today, it's called "two in a row". And if we win again tomorrow, it's called a "winning streak"... It has happened before!

I also like to feel that this is what our team is currently thinking now that J³ is gone and we can totally play the game we need to:

Lou Brown: [Lou's talk to the team before the opening day game] All right people, we got 10 minutes 'till game time, let's all gather 'round. I'm not much for giving inspirational addresses, but I'd just like to point out that every newspaper in the country has picked us to finish last. The local press seems to think that we'd save everyone the time and trouble if we just went out and shot ourselves. Me, I'm for wasting sportswriters' time. So I figured we ought to hang around for a while and see if we can give 'em all a nice big shitburger to eat!
[entire team laughs]

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

whypick1 posted:

JJJ is pre-glasses Vaughn in this scenario, isn't he?

And now I'll have to spend the next 20 minutes looking up Bob Uecker clips.

Jake Taylor with Dorn's personality. Was once kinda good, but is now old, injured, and will only do one good thing this year.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

2 Caps youth charged with sexual assault. Dont know much more.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

ShutteredIn posted:

“You’re on the wrong side of the road,” the trooper replied.

Larin responded that he didn’t know that and he was from Canada.

loving brilliant. I wish I was this with it after a .18 BAC.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Star Man posted:

I mean, Deshorn Brown was one of the Rapkids in 2013 and was runner-up for rookie of the year, right behind teammate Dillon Powers and has the third fastest goal in MLS history. Not that it means Brown will make DC a top-flight team, but he's not that bad.

They just paid $175k in allocation and an international slot. For a guy playing in USL.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Every time someone asks, he gets another year on his contract

Has Ben Olsen been fired yet?

Mwahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

:cawg:

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

That's cool. You still are going to have Ben Olsen next year and we won't have Curt.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

My boy Jackie looking like a boss tonight. Two sweet finishes and harassing Colorado all night.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Star Man posted:

I'm going to laugh if this is the universe that the Colorado finally gets rid of Pablo and somehow acquire Ben Olson and the only thing that improves is DC, because that's the only thing I can think of that can make the Rapids even worse.

Can I interest you in a slightly used, thrice fired former USMNT player for a coach? Because I'm sure one could be made available to you.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Just. Yeah. Embarrassing. Outscored 17-3 in 4 days and 3 games.

Onalfo out.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Hey remember when you thought you were better off than DC

I still think we are. You're going to keep your coach.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Yura would only be ok at like 150k. 1.9m is insane.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Curt would have been fired if Jermaine Jones had been healthy. Remember that. He's been promoted past his competency.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Hey remember when you thought you were better off than DC

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Aww, baby has hope

I know it's an alien feeling to you, but it feels kinda good over here.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Hey guys. Did you see us not suck tonight? Because I sure did. Did you see Jermaine Jones play like the Jermaine Jones he thinks he is? I did. We also held onto the ball and passed it. Gyasi played better than he has all year.

We. Did. Not. gently caress. Up.

:)

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Thanatosian posted:

I didn't want to use something less archaic, but it is, in fact, an ethnic slur. Used mostly to refer to Chinese people in the late 1800s, I think.

They still refer to themselves that way. Part of why Eastern Medicine is so weird is because the Han Chinese literally believe they are a different kind of human than the rest of us.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Lol. It's Deadspin.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

It's good to see you've moved on from pro/rel to another bullshit topic.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Pinwiz11 posted:

I'm going to my first live MLS game of the year today, so while I agree that the future of the league is going to be shaped by the next TV deal I'm glad it's here now.

You're supposed to poo poo on MLS because it's not Europe. Get with the program pal.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

all-Rush mixtape posted:

Watching the German Supercup, it dawned on me that MLS needs a thing like that. First game of the season should be the MLS Cup winners vs. the Supporters Shield winners. Bill it the MLS Mega Trophy or something.

https://youtu.be/A9pFmkeCtNA

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Releasing after the game is a bold move. Totally fire.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Ciprian Maricon posted:

What a huge shame for Carlitos, hes had decent enough seasons in Spain and he's only 28, RIPs amigo.

The rage and tears of El Tri fans over this and JdS are more nourishing than Ambrosia could have ever been to the gods of Olympus.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

I hear we're taking calls about Jermaine Jones. Which ever one of your teams is going in on that is dumb as all hell.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

I'd like to think this means LA win tomorrow, but who are we kidding? We're going to get a defender sent off, Zardes is going to be crap, and we're going to continue to complain that we don't have a target man when we won't even put McBean in the 18.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Shinjobi posted:

FC Dallas has hopped aboard the bullet train to Mediocreville. Really feels like they're banking everything on the future of their younger players.

Man. What year is it?

• Locked thread