Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
One more reminder to join the goon fantasy league! Even if you think you'll suck or forget about it after the first week, join up and give it a try cause I love easy wins. The first week doesn't count towards league standings, so if you're already too drunk to join tonight, don't fret! You've got til next Friday to your team in for hot goon on goon action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Did someone get punched at the game, or...?

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
This will be my last plug for the 2017 MLS Goon Fantasy League! They did a new "opening week challenge" this year, and I'm pretty sure all the scores and standings are going to reset for week 2, so it's still the perfect time to join! Pick your players, change them every week, and be an idiot like me who loses to the average!

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Chicago has gotta have the best jersey sponsor, right? It's paint, so there's no ethical bullshit like with the MLMs or whatever, Valspar is kind of a cool, vaguely Viking name, and the wordmark itself isn't terribly intrusive.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Tigren posted:

I Like Columbus's Barbasol for similar reasons, but lol shaving cream. Yellow jerseys are also better than red.

Yea Barbasol was cool, and vaguely blue collar. Sadly the Crew are with Acura now, which is probably above average but not amazing.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
I'm at Yankee Stadium and it's even colder than RFK was last week.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
That trade seems really lopsided in Vancouver's favor

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

trem_two posted:

The anus/roof opening in the new Atlanta stadium is not working as expected, which is going to impact the construction completion schedule and possibly gently caress up the team's schedule from late July.

Other articles I've seen about that have said the most likely scenario is opening on time but with a roof that won't close. I guess we'll find out for sure soon enough, though.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Don't forget the comical lack of press coverage in most market. In the Washington Post today I had to scroll past articles for the Caps, Wizards, Nationals, and Orioles, then past all the national sports news, then past more articles for the big 3 DC teams again before finally finding a write up about DC United's win.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Dallan Invictus posted:

I'm just going to pretend this is the only thing that happened in last night's game and be much happier.

https://streamable.com/613zm

Wasn't Toledo reffing that match? I'm shocked he didn't give a red for that

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
I agree with everything in the previous two posts. Audi Field will be modern and have better sight lines, but the team will still be poo poo and the crowd will be even worse

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Your Boy Fancy posted:

I'm feeling good about your chances now, because oh man. Oh man. Here come those reinforcements.

https://twitter.com/soccerinsider/status/877190357766811649

A Rowdy on loan. That's how cheap we are.

Deleted tweet, what did it say?

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Thanatosian posted:

I'm at a software conference in Chicago starting today. Is there a good bar near the Mile-High Marriott where I can watch the Sounders game?

The one time I went to a Fire game I took the pub to pitch bus from Fado, which is pretty close to the Mag Mile. It's a boring chain, but they'd probably have MLS on without you having to ask? Maybe?

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Even if MLS wanted to move to Pro/Rel, they can't start a new media contract until 2022, and Silva wanted a 10 year deal. I'm pretty sure that even without the Pro/Rel requirement this whole deal was a DOA PR stunt.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Meanwhile, DC United still have 0 (zero) designated players, and our Late Game Offensive Substitution To Try To Spark A Goal on Saturday was..... CB Steve Birnbaum as a target forward. :discourse:

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Seltzer posted:

Did that actually happen? lol

Yep. That game was miserable. e: this season has been miserable

real edit: I just looked and our leading goal scorer has four goals. People moan that pro/rel would lead to teams folding when they got relegated, but frankly this DCU team deserves it.

camoseven fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jul 25, 2017

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

bewbies posted:

Apparently that $1.6m is more than twice what any other MLS player has brought back in cash? Is that right?

Yep. $700k of it is incentives, but Twitter says they're stupid easy (literally "play one game for Orlando this season" easy).

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Jonathan dos Santos is going to the Galaxy. There's a line in there about LA shopping Jermaine Jones, and now I'm terrified that DC is gonna make a terrible decision and sign him. And then my season ticket rep will say "but all the fans were asking for a D mid on twitter!". And then I will die.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Whoops thought this was GDT

camoseven fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jul 27, 2017

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
HEY DC UNITED loving DO SOMETHING ALREADY YOU SHITHEADS

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Seltzer posted:

Speaking of the All Star game
https://streamable.com/il7o1

I came here to link this :mad:

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Should I go to the DCU v Toronto game tomorrow or should I stay home and not use 4 hours of my life on it?

wicka don't answer, piss off to another thread tia

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

wicka posted:

Skip the game and instead start slapfights on the internet for no reason.

Ok! If you think it's such a poo poo league just ignore it and move on. There's a lower division USA league thread you can post in if you wanna support that.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

African AIDS cum posted:

MLS gets really horrible TV ratings. It is doomed.

Cool go watch and post about another league if you're so sure this poo poo is gonna fail

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Did that Krisztian Nemeth to New England deal actually work out? I can't find any firm sources saying yes, and the deadline closed last night. We all know MLS transfer rules are a huge clusterfuck, though, so maybe it's still possible?

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

camoseven posted:

Did that Krisztian Nemeth to New England deal actually work out? I can't find any firm sources saying yes, and the deadline closed last night. We all know MLS transfer rules are a huge clusterfuck, though, so maybe it's still possible?

Yea it did: http://nerevs.us/yIbf30ekbnI

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Baltimore needs to hurry up and get a USL team. As long as they don't play in loving Towson, at least.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
I thought St Louis was dead because voters rejected a stadium plan last year?

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
NYCFC are moving their home game vs Houston on September 23rd to.... East Hartford, CT. According to Google Maps that's 107 miles away, and currently 2 1/2 hours by car.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

clandestine cactus posted:

The Connecticut Yankees in Don Garber's Sport

:perfect:

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
DCU have won three games in a row, and all were shutouts. What the gently caress.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Jermaine Dildoe posted:

What is NISA and why is it happening

Peter Wilt's latest attempt at implementing pro/rel in the US. They're looking to grab USL/NPSL markets and eventually create pro/rel between NISA and NASL.

Gigi Galli posted:

What is the difference between D2 and D3 status since there's no relegation or promotion anyway? Honest question.

US Open Cup entry round, maybe an incredibly small bit of prestige difference to the public and/or potential players, and uhhhh... I think that's it.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Josef Martinez

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Everything I've seen just references the tweets that changed, but it seems like it's only a problem if the actually lineup sheet that they give the referees changed, right?

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Has my Google Fu gotten incredibly lovely or is it impossible to figure out how Anthony Precourt actually made his money? At this point I must assume he was born into it

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Wow I'm shocked a that a fat ugly white dude who inherited his money and has no life experience is a terrible team owner, businessman, and person.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Your Boy Fancy posted:

In unsurprising news, Goff is reporting Hamid is gone next season. No clear idea where to, but not here.

I will be shocked if DC outdraws Dallas in five years.

In related news, today I finally got around to telling my rep that I won't be renewing my DCU season tickets

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

sportsgenius86 posted:

Some crew fans found a Twitter account that they think is Precourt’s. It had like 2 posts before this poo poo went down and now it’s just retweeting pro move to Austin stuff and likes a bunch of Trump tweets.

You mean like an unofficial account where he posts all his objectionable opinions? Cause he definitely already has an official Twitter account.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Who the gently caress is crying out for a broken down David Villa or some poo poo. Those people are dumb and should not be listened to. I do not want a retirement league that pays lots of money for old frauds and skimps on American talent

Uh most people agree that MLS teams shouldn't sign old broken down Euro stars just to put butts in seats, but Villa has been a dominant player in MLS and has scored 20 goals this season. TBH using him as an example makes me think you don't actually know much about MLS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Feels Villeneuve posted:

He is playing in a very very bad league full of awful teams and players.

You called him "broken down" and a "fraud", so then I point out that he's actually been very, very good, and you say it doesn't matter? You could have used Pirlo as an example of a terrible signing (he's even on the same team as Villa!), but you didn't which makes it clear you don't actually watch MLS and just enjoy talking poo poo. So thanks for your input, but maybe go back to the pro wrestling threads cause frankly we have enough know-nothing poo poo talkers passing through here already.

• Locked thread