Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

spray-paint the vegetables
dog food stalls
with the beefcake pantyhose
Grimey Drawer

LegoPirateNinja posted:

Typical parents can be liable for he acts of their minor children if there is a history of violence.

Adults are typically responsible for their own behavior.

At any rate you need a violent history to get anywhere.

So if someone doesn't have a violent history but he suddenly thinks he has superpowers and is being chased by demons, you have to wait for him to attack someone or hurt himself before you can have him involuntarily committed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

green chicken feet posted:

I'd try an intervention in that case. Might be applicable for alcoholics or food addicts.

loving :lol: at an American getting three oh twoed over a "food addiction".

Oh poo poo! My crippling Oxygen dependency is kicking in. *Breathes heavily*

Phew, fixed again!

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
Don't snitch!

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

dog food stalls
Grimey Drawer

VendaGoat posted:

loving :lol: at an American getting three oh twoed over a "food addiction".

Oh poo poo! My crippling Oxygen dependency is kicking in. *Breathes heavily*

Phew, fixed again!

Nah, I mean the kind of intervention where a bunch of friends and family get together and show their concern for the person, that the person has a problem which they should get help for. Then maybe the addict voluntarily makes changes or enters rehab and avoids death for a while longer.

I know it's really anti-American to suggest extremely fat people should change in any way, even to save their own lives, and this is probably an idea that would never work. Plus the fat person would go weep about it on tumblr and then I would get hate mail and I would also have to start being careful around hills in case the strategically placed persons of size should be poised to flatten me.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Nah, I mean the kind of intervention where a bunch of friends and family get together and show their concern for the person, that the person has a problem which they should get help for. Then maybe the addict voluntarily makes changes or enters rehab and avoids death for a while longer.

I know it's really anti-American to suggest extremely fat people should change in any way, even to save their own lives, and this is probably an idea that would never work. Plus the fat person would go weep about it on tumblr and then I would get hate mail and I would also have to start being careful around hills in case the strategically placed persons of size should be poised to flatten me.

You honestly had me going that this was a serious response.

Nice.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Maybe the demons did get him. Would make sense. Eating a human face is pretty demon-esque

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
The cooking oil with cheese really should have tipped them off.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Nobody gives single mothers poo poo anymore. What is the wold coming t?

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

How was the oil mixed with cheese? Was the cheese shredded? Diced? Was it a simple sharp cheddar or something more refined like an asiago or gouda? These are the questions we need answers for. Without this, we'll never truly understand.

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
so im guessing he was hearing voices telling him to do crazy poo poo and he did or whats up there

ie "demons" with bad recipes

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
It's a good midday snack to replenish your essential dairys and oils

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

So if someone doesn't have a violent history but he suddenly thinks he has superpowers and is being chased by demons, you have to wait for him to attack someone or hurt himself before you can have him involuntarily committed?

No. The issue was third party liability. I didn't say anything about whether the individual could be committed or judged incompetent.

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

dog food stalls
Grimey Drawer

LegoPirateNinja posted:

No. The issue was third party liability. I didn't say anything about whether the individual could be committed or judged incompetent.

Ah. Thanks for the explanation.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Daniel, The Demon

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Is it possible he had some sort of psychedelic in his system that is dosed at the microgram level that wasn't detected. I don't know much about testing blood for narcotics.

Pajser
Jan 28, 2006
mental health services are expensive in money and time, effective services even more.

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

dog food stalls
Grimey Drawer

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

The next Slenderman: Daniel

Daniel has a lot of potential.

Attributes:
Dark and shadowy
No one REALLY knows what he looks like (SUPER scary!)
Can possess you and compel you to cannibalism
Will give you alternate memories to override your horrible memories of cannibalism*

Weaknesses:
Nudity - note that Harrouff failed to completely remove his clothes in his
flight from Daniel. This could be why he succumbed to Daniel's power.
Cannot inhabit a garage until he possesses a human body
Unorthodox beverages - this is my theory that the cooking oil and caustic chemical ingested by face-biting boy are elixirs meant to dampen Daniel's influence... but too little, too late

It all makes sense now!

*per this article, Austin Harrouff remembers saving a dog and hijacking a car rather than murdering his victims.
http://people.com/crime/florida-court-releases-footage-from-dr-phils-interview-with-face-eating-suspect-austin-harrouff/

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
I thought my cousin was crazy AF but it turned out he was just a cold-blooded serial killer. All is good.

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

dog food stalls
Grimey Drawer

Neutrino posted:

I thought my cousin was crazy AF but it turned out he was just a cold-blooded serial killer. All is good.

aw, don't leave us hanging like that!

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

DangerDongs posted:

Is it possible he had some sort of psychedelic in his system that is dosed at the microgram level that wasn't detected. I don't know much about testing blood for narcotics.

in the way that you phrased the question yes, there are of course thousands of drugs that could be missed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Daaaaaaamn Daniel!! At it again with the face chewing

• Locked thread