Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

If we win, it's going to be a dirty buttcrack of a win

That describes every win we've had since the ASB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Of course a Demar ISO three works. Why wouldn't it?

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
gently caress you REFs that was a block goddamn

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
What's up with Pop's face? Dude looks like he got in a fight. Someone punch him for coaching too hard?

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Casey and Demars secrit play to close the half

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
OH poo poo THAT'S A SUSPENSION

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
In the grim dark future the Raptors play in a league where every other team is the Chicago Bulls.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Can't wait to watch the Raptors play the next few games without Lowry and Ibaka. Quality basketball coming up.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I can't believe this is how the curse ends

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Derozan dad dicking all over this game.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

attackmole posted:

Derozan dad dicking all over this game.

Update: still doing it.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Spacebump posted:

It was a good flop by Griffin, you can't convince me a tiny man could shove over that guy with that amount of ease.

Tall people are clumsy and have high centers of gravity!!!!!

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
So today, the Raptors won the game with a total of 10 assists and 17 turnovers. This leads to a few funny numbers questions.

1) What's the lowest assist total a team has had this year while still winning? There's actually only been one other game this year where the winning team scored 10 or less assists. The Bulls beat Utah back in November with 8 assists.

2) People talk all the time about point guards AST/TO per game ratio. What about team AST/TO for this season?

I couldn't find that on BBREF so I made a quick chart.

I guess I probably shoulda cut off some digits but w/e.

Raw assist numbers: Toronto comes in last with 18.3 a game. This is one APG behind second last ranked Pheonix Suns. Meanwhile, GSW averages an insane 30.3 assists a game, 5 over the second ranked Rockets.

Assist/TO: Raptors are bad, but not dead last. If it's any consolation, the Suns and the Nets are kinda in a league of there on this one. Goddamn. No one thinks of Hornets as being in the Warriors league, but they're the only team sniffing their top ranked ratio.

Of the teams in the bottom 8, only three are good: The Raptors, Jazz, and Thunder (sorry Atlanta fans). What I find slightly interesting is that they all accomplish having bad AST/TO in different ways. For the Thunder, that's the Westbrook effect. They play crazy wild basketball. He averages tons of assists (and tons of TO's), but I suspect that if you looked at the numbers of assists for teams minus their starting point guards the Thunder would be last by far. Meanwhile the Jazz play vintage slow basketball and let Hayward and Hill split the ball handling, with neither really being assist machines.Toronto plays much closer to the pace of OKC than the Jazz, but we don't have a crazy ball dominant point guard surrounded by turnover machines. So what are we doing? Well, you know my spiel by now and I can't quite find the Iso% numbers to back it up, but we're iso-ing a shitload through Derozan (and Lowry when he's around). Raptors draw an insane number of free throws, and that also skews assist numbers because assists that generate FT points aren't counted in traditional stats.

But seriously -- We're barely trailing the Rockets in FT's made so far this year (by 13, both played 71 games) but per /100 possessions the team leads the league in FT's made, beating the Rockets by a solid .8 .

Any ways, I'm pretty sure that teams that win by shooting FT's die in the playoffs, but Derozan was on fire tonight so he gets a pass from me.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Whoooooooops.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Shout out to Delon Wright for salvaging that rear end of a quarter.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Wright 's promising, for sure. When you remember that he's barely played this year so it kinda feels like he's barely out of his rookie season, and he's feeling...ahead of schedule. Not sure he's ready for the full time yet but I have hopes for him.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
3-23

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
My son Danny Green is remembering how to shoot and I am v. Proud

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Ahahah Mark Jackson talking about how you need ownership and management backing as a coach you salty phoney loving preacher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Klay and Steph doing Klay and Steph things. JESUS.

• Locked thread