Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Sugarhill Gang is playing at halftime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Supper tonight was a 3 for $20 deal. I got a prime rib sandwich, crayfish etouffe, and a cheesecake sundae.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Latinx posted:

never had etouffe before. looks good 👌🏽

It was better than any arena etouffe has a right to be.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Also, I just noticed my phone autocorrected crawfish to crayfish and I am very, very mad.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Jota posted:

Justin Anderson is the crawfish etouffe and carmelo anthony is those boring, plain nasty rear end potato chips with the prime rib sandwich

The chips were plain kettlechips but very good. Maybe just a little too much salt. Wish I had more to eat. The rib was cold, though.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Libertine posted:

LOL

Man that picture makes me extra jealous because I've had a restricted diet for like a week for stomach problems.

----

This is gonna be my first time watching the New Pelicans. Are they any good (it doesn't seem like it so far).

Owned by the north.

Imagine a team replacing 33% of its minutes with completely brand new players and not having anytime to practice with them.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Jota posted:

the only chips i eat are zapp's voodoo chips gently caress your kettle chips Kibner

I'm glad your meal was good though. I would love some etouffe or jambalaya right now

It's all love, my man.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Metapod posted:

Is my yahoo sports app messing up or is that really the half time for okc phoenix

Six minutes left.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Holiday has raised $9k for local tornado victims, so far.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
:sigh:

https://twitter.com/JustinVerrier/status/837862658393182209

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Pels actually have more assists than the Spurs at half time.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Sugarhill Gang put on a fun performance. Changed a lot of their lyrics to suit the city and team.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I finally found a player in the nba that is a close comparison to my style, skill, and effectiveness in 2k: Solomon Hill.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Pau has flopped three times in the last two minutes and gotten the call each time.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
These refs are pretty poor for a primetime game. Dedmon shouldn't have gotten his sixth right there.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Aggressive, attacking the defense Jrue is good Jrue.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Not a good look ato.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Two Tone Shoes posted:

I'm legit furious that Cousins just got shoulder checked with no call on that previous Pels play.

Moreso because Pau gets a touch foul called in the paint on the other end. Though he's been getting those calls all game.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
What's been happening in the okc Mavs game that is bringing up this meltdown talk?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Thanks guys.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Rick posted:

The Lakers are what the Pelicans needed to finally get a win it's starting to look like but even then they were down at the half.

The Pels look so unorganized on offense and defense since the trade. I plan to give them a full 10 games before I really make any conclusions, though.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Crazy Ted posted:

It definitely takes time to integrate a star player into an NBA offense.

Their defense is all discombobulated, too, because they are no longer able to use the switch everything style defense they had been all year (once Asik and Ajinca fell out of the rotation, anyway).

As it is, it looks like they run one type of offense when just Davis is in, one when it's just Cousins, and a third when it's both.

The defense changes depending on if Boogie is on the court or not.

A whole bunch of miscommunication on both ends and a lot more awkward, uncomfortable possessions on offense compared to before the trade.

I expected this, which is why I won't start sweating about it until they get another four or five games together under their belt.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Rick posted:

Yeah I'm not too worried about them, other than the fact that there just isn't much season left.

Once it became obvious things wouldn't instantly click (that Rockets game), I basically accepted they wouldn't make the playoffs.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
And since I didn't think they had a great shot at the playoffs, I got angry about Casspi's release after his injury.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Wide open corner three: miss

Repeat x10

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Rick posted:

Wow what happened it was a like. 15 point deficit last time I looked?

Look above and add that to some made 3s from the Lakers.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Rick posted:

I don't remember Casspi's contract situation but I think having him next year would've been nice even if he was done for the season.

He was going to be a rfa in the offseason.

E: and I agree with you

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
David Wesley and Joel Meyers aren't quite sold on Russell being the lead guard for the Lakers.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Rick posted:

It is the popular talking point these days but if you look at the numbers the Lakers are much better when he is on the floor. Also his post all star numbers are great. Looks like he had a rough shooting night though.

They like him, just not for running the offense long term. They would prefer him as a big shooting guard paired with another guard who has excellent playmaking skills that he can work off of while also being a secondary ball-handler.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Tae posted:

Yeah the situation was that they at least have his bird rights and should've waived someone less good like pondexter since the pelicans are capped out?

I think they wanted to keep Pondexter as a small salary match for a trade? I dunno. I don't like the move. As far as being capped out, here are some decent articles on their options:

Using cap room

Operating above the cap

Jrue walks

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Rick posted:

I was a bit rushed but this was what I was trying to respond to. The Lakers score more and pass more when Russell is on the floor largely because he is pretty good at running an offense. When the Lakers struggle to score it's almost always because he's not on the floor. He has a knack for making all the competing and contrasting playing styles of the Lakers starters actually work together.

It's an argument whose origin is people who are trying to make an argument for the Lakers drafting Lonzo Ball even though he's really only going to be able to play the position that Lakers have covered (at least with their starting lineup . . . drafting him to be a backup to me is stupid in a draft with so much guard depth) at the moment. I don't think Russell would be completely lost at two if the Lakers are in position to draft a PG as BPA, but I think they're not using one of his best talents at that point.

They were just upset with his decision making and shot selection and felt a top-end guard that is more careful with the ball when initiating the offense would help Russell be a better player. They talked about him as the best Laker on the floor and that he is still learning the hardest offensive position.

A better Fisher is basically what it sounded like they wanted to pair him with his Kobe.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

DeimosRising posted:

But he's not big at shooting guard? He's like, average to below average and would need to put on some weight.

:shrug: I was just trying to explain the broadcasters' opinions and how I think they would defend them. They are just announcers and we all know they are generally wrong!

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Turnovers

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Pels shot 27% in the first half. Only down 9.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Tae posted:

34 points in the half :stonk:

Chew on these shot charts a bit:

https://twitter.com/Ben_Dowsett/status/838949769074585604

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Open shot at rim *rolls out*
Open 3 on the wing *short*
Open mid-range *clank*

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I think the Pels may end up with more missed shots than points tonight.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
52-61 at end of 3.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Pels shooting 29%. Down 6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Dejan Bimble posted:

I wonder if Demarcus's locker is next to Jrue, because he's been playing weirdly ever since the trade

Everyone that isn't AD or Cousins has been playing exceedingly poorly since the trade. Generating like 50 open shots a game and hitting like 14 of them.

• Locked thread