Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

As is custom, view ye here the Televisual Schedule and Standings and Statistics, if ye be so inclined. Please do not spell any players' names, current or former, correctly in this thread because it embarrasses some amongst us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

RaySmuckles posted:

where is this supposed bulls tnt magic i've heard so much about?

Negated by one weird trick found by a stoner coach: playing a lovely rookie in place of the league's second best player.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

"Paul Zipser with the...just came on...huh". Just came on who Marv??

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Cameron payne is extremely bad

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

unlike The Zipser

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Cool Buff Man posted:

He's been setting picks on the wrong loving side all game

It's insane

He really seems to have little or no idea what's going on at any given time. Some of the worst court vision I've ever seen

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

If you did not bet on the TNT Superb-Bulls to beat the fraudulent, Durantless Golden State Cowards you are a fool, and I pity you

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Actually, that was a trick. Gambling is immoral!

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

xbilkis posted:

My only regret is that I didn't bet more (same holds true for the last Bulls/Raptors game)

Same. I don't even gamble and I did as a lark, should have bet my entire savings. It was a done deal! No chance!

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

zelah posted:

Per Chuck: okay for a man to bag groceries, but not to be a cashier

Also he claimed he couldn't remember the last male cashier he saw, which...uh, I guess he doesn't get out much.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Mario plays so hard, I can't figure out why coaches seem to hate him.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

AggressivelyStupid posted:

What's the regular season 3pt record? Cavs at 23 right now

24. 25 in the playoffs, a record already held by the Cavs from the Hawks series.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Mario clowning on the Wizards is outrageously my poo poo

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Kibner posted:

They like him, just not for running the offense long term. They would prefer him as a big shooting guard paired with another guard who has excellent playmaking skills that he can work off of while also being a secondary ball-handler.

But he's not big at shooting guard? He's like, average to below average and would need to put on some weight.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

RaySmuckles posted:

wasn't someone on this board claiming that rebounding doesn't matter that much anymore?

those offensive rebounds just won the celtics the game

They don't correlate well with winning in general, but it's very clear that the Warriors specifically are vulnerable to being beaten by a team that can bully them off the boards completely. Even moreso now that Durant is out.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

NickRoweFillea posted:

Anybody else hearing a weird buzzing/ringing on the abc broadcast?

Y'know that ringing in your ears? That 'eeeeeeeeee'? That's the sound of the ear cells dying, like their swan song. Once it's gone you'll never hear that frequency again. Enjoy it while it lasts.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

NickRoweFillea posted:

I'm too drunk for this film reference DeimosRising

Children of men, which seems appropriate on a night where we get to see what basketball looks like post apocalypse

I gotta get that name changed I can't even remember where it came from

DeimosRising fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Mar 12, 2017

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Ishin posted:

It probably helps that Portland seems to go under literally every screen leaving 3 point shooters wide open.

McCollum and especially Lillard are awful at fighting through screens so they haven't got much choice

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I don't know if I like basketball after this. It's like finding out hot dogs are made from kitties, and also watching that happen, but somehow worse. This is criminal

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Brolander posted:

at touching dicks

A good skill to have imo. I seek it out in friends and acquaintances

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Shaq with the commentary from 2010 - "there aren't many centers left in this league"

Edit shaq not Shaw fuckoff autocorrect

DeimosRising fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Mar 14, 2017

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

EvanTH posted:

elfrid payton might have just lost a game because he's rightfully terrified of shooting

He's a jordanesque 3 pt shooter!!

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Jota posted:

Down 15 at the half.

Richaun Holmes is 8-12 and has 17 points 9 rebounds so far. Saric and Covington loving roasted them too. Their defense is an incredible combination of no ability combined with also not giving a poo poo whatsoever.

Funny given the result but not totally wrong anyway

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

dokmo posted:

A senior dogs charity is going to clean up because of Otto Porter.

What was the final bet and where does he stand atm?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

70 points in a blowout...that he lost. What the actual heck

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

TBF that was overtime and this was just a beating where the Suns were never very close.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Were they playing like the Robinson scoring title game or Kobe's last game where they just fed him the ball literally every play and said go for it?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

EvanTH posted:

Jordan used to release the ball after the peak of his jump and it was always the craziest thing to me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsRu0x_bQeY
He could somehow jump in the air and then decide what to do which would lead to generations of kids thinking that was a thing normal people can do and loving up their games

throwing it up while you're falling is really really hard to do

He wrecked literally thousands of people's games. You can't do that if you don't have the most ridiculous possible vert and court vision, plus freak arms with double freak hands. The 2000s were scarred beyond recovery by a million lovely fade aways and hopeless jump passes

edit: he also traveled a lot but not the way people said. he didn't take too many steps, he often went up and down and released after his toes touched back down in the attempt to draw a foul

DeimosRising fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Mar 25, 2017

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Aaron Gordon just killed Marcus Smart, smart didn't get the charge, got dunked on from way the gently caress out, and Gordon got the foul

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Good gently caress Marcus Smart!!

Agreed. That hair is sinful

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Dantoni should always have a mustache, Lou Williams should always inbound in less than 5 seconds. Bad decisions yall

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Harden with the shoot a three during a foul move Dokmo was talking about, twice in a row. 50% isn't a bad success rate I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

chunkles posted:

i refuse to believe that any of these iguodala jumpshots have gone in

I'm far more skeptical of JaVale McGee, Warriors leading scorer. Definitely seems like fake news

• Locked thread