Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
The current full switch library probably barely breaks 64 gigs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Cardboard Box posted:

yeah but only like 4 of those games are worth owning. indie games in particular are gonna be really small.

Yeah like I don't it'd actually go iver 64 gigs. Zelda is 38 gigs and the rest are just indies or dogshit minigame collections who barely go over a gig most likely

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Spellman posted:

Where'd you get that number, I thought it was 13 gigs

Some lego game apparently takes up more than the capacity than the Switch can hold on its internal storage, even if you buy physical, lol

Oo ok I think the 38 gig game was the lego game and not Zelda

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Switch good but it is still blowing my mind I can't play SNES or NES or N64 games on it yet

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Why the gently caress is this thing getting so many neogeo games? Where are the goddamn nes and snes and so in games

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

patonthebach posted:

Does the switch have Netflix support? And does it have a decent web browser?

No and it doesn't have one at all

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Disappointed the Majora's Mask amiibo isn't fierce deity Link

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Goemon and whatever quirky RPG they tried to beat out of the system
Also pay Rockstar for body harvest

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Whoa is the secret of mana collection coming out in the west? That's awesome and good

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Don't they sell like, special tablets that essentially look like prototype switches with integrated physical controllers that make emulating stuff super easy? Is all the commotion over the NES and potential SNES mini just wanting to get one because it looks nice?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

s.i.r.e. posted:

Is this real?

Not if it's a statement that will own me in some way

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

s.i.r.e. posted:

I owned myself, I thought you were talking about Japanese Club Nintendo rewards being some strange-rear end tablet thing. I'm dumb.

Everyone makes mistakes friend, I don't consider you owned

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Beetle Adventure Racing or whatever on the N64 was pretty sharp

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Sonic Allstars Racing Transformed was super good and I sincerely hope there's a switch port
Driving around the skies of Arcadia islands was super cool and nostalgic and I can't believe Sega has done squat with the property but a few cameos in over a decade

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

ouch my ears

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Wait wait wait I got another one

Good looking but not good sounding

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
When are we getting more info on Xenoblade chronicles 2

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Cartoon Man posted:

If Sonic racing transformed came out on Switch, I'd buy it again.

Add a guest Nintendo character who would never appear in Mario Kart, like Samus or other long forgotten characters from dead Nintendo franchises

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Evil Fluffy posted:

E3 probably. Hoping for solid news about Xenoblade and Octopath Traveler at that time.

Ooh, I hope the first news we get about Octopath Traveler is a less stupid title

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Dr Cheeto posted:

Do yourself a favor and don't even unbox that poo poo until after finals

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

:yeah: Zelda will consume you.

I disagree. Unbox that poo poo now. Zelda will consume you.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
The Mario Kart hi def rumble is blowing my mind for real. poo poo is immersive. Curious how it feels on the actual joy cons and not on the pro

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
When the gently caress is Nintendo turning the switch on the virtual console on the switch WHEN THE FUCKKKKKKK

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I wanna play cool N64 and SNES and NES and GBA and GBC and GB games on the go GOD loving DAMMIT NINTENDO just loving make them available

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
If they make a WiiU virtual console do you think they'll sell Mario Kart 8 and BoTW in it

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Cojawfee posted:

The guy was selling his game using stolen IP?

And he's taking the people's money and not giving it back because he's gonna use those "generous donations" to make the "game better"

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
So I turned on my Switch and no matter how hard I tried, I could not play classic Nintendo video games that came out in consoles that are no longer available but whose games are still very much liked and people are still willing to pay good money for. I mean I couldn't even play Super Mario Bros 1 which I think has been playable on every Nintendo console and portable since the Game Boy Color. Super hosed up and I hope Nintendo issues a patch that fixes this issue or publishes instructions that help me find the way to play classic Nintendo video games on my new portable console hybrid

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
So I got this charger
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014ZO46LK/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
This and my included cables are good for the switch right

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Bum the Sad posted:

Yeah I think any C to C is good. It's the normal USB to USB C cables that you gotta worry about being poo poo.

Ok so I shouldn't charge with the included Anker USB to C charger, only use the one that came bundled with the pro controller

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I've had no issues charging my Switch with a combination of the iPad charging block and a generic highest rated USB to USB-C cable from Amazon.

Seriously just don't buy poo poo from China and you'll be fine?

Why do they gotta make this poo poo so complicated! I just want an on-the-go solution to keeping my expensive electronic charged without running the risk of a cable messing up its internals or making the battery on the charger explode the gently caress up!
So now I gotta carry like a million cables, the included USB to USB C charger to charge the actual charger, the Nintendo brand USB to USB C to charge my console, a regular USB to micro USB to charge any other devices and why not a USB C to USB C because might as loving well

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Hace posted:

if you want higher charge speeds you need C to C, bottom line.

The anker charger comes with a C to C but I'm all levels of paranoid about using it

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

strap on revenge posted:

the c to c connection is way safer than a to c. a lot of generic a to c cables have poo poo resistors in them and can damage your things. google benson leung

Apparently this nerd approves of my charger so I'm going to assume he approves of the cables that come with the charger as well

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Infinitum posted:

2 really nice rooms

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
When is DQH1 2 Switch coming out in the US?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

:same:

also I was half expecting an email about being unable to fulfill my order but they appeared!

In the :smug: color combination.

(Preowned? How? :psyduck: also they were like $60)

Somebody bought a neon switch and they wanted the gray joycons so they purchased those separately once they were available and sold the neon joycons

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
So would a Switch remake of Skyward Sword that ditches the motion controllers be worth it?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
what am I saying why would I ever want to play another Zelda game after Breath of the Wild

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
How deep is the splatoon lore

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

LethalGeek posted:

I could not sit through a Zelda game that locks me into the starting town with nothing but fetch quests and npcs for a couple hours. That sounds like torture

Goddammit now I have the godawful Skyloft theme stuck in my head

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Lakbay posted:

I haven't played Mario Kart since Wii and all this customization stuff is overwhelming

Protip: You need to make sure your car, motorcycle, sports motorcycle or ATV at least has wheels and some sort of glider or parachute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Skyward Sword HD that copies the business strategy of Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition.

The exact same game for retail price, but for five dollars Link is replaced by Groose for the entire duration of the game.

That sounds incredible
From context clues and some knowledge of Full Clip Edition playing as Duke Nukem instead of Bulletstorm Man does not

• Locked thread