Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Stux posted:

of course though using sticks over gyro still will probably only work if you really seriously play a lot of console shooters and have a bunch of experience in them! i know ive said that already but i just want to make it clear because it seems like some people are confused about what im saying... i play a lot of fps/shooters, including stuff like maining pharah on overwatch (she uses a rocket launcher which involves lots of predictive shots so obviously using her a lot gives you a lot of practice at aiming on sticks without aim assist!) and it really only applies if you have the same amount of experience on sticks, otherwise you are probably better off with the gyro :)

I'm top 7% in Destiny on ps4 and gyro is way better than only using stick control in Splatoon, your argument is really weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Stux posted:

so apparently this is on the lego undercover box

thoughts?

This is the price of third party support

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

a.lo posted:

buy this $60 dollar game oh yeaah you better have an internet connection.

How did this argument escape from 2007

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

This thread, until yesterday: man Nintendo needs to be more accommodating to third parties
This thread, now: Nintendo should really put their foot down on these garbage third parties

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Man it's like people itt are just now discovering that the big third parties are more than willing to gently caress gamers over for a buck

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

I can't believe that WB Games, the company that released a fundamentally broken and still unfixed version of Batman Arkham Knight on the PC, would make such a lovely move

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

32 GB of mask ROM costs like $2. It might be WB being lovely to their customers or it might be Nintendo price gouging for carts, but somebody is being a huge gently caress.

Since the Binding of Issac physical version came with an actual full color instruction manual and stickers for the same price as digital, I'd bet anything that WB is being a huge gently caress, especially given their past history of being a huge gently caress

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Empress Brosephine posted:

Apparently snake pass runs like garbage on switch at sub 720 lol

I bought the snake game and it's good

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

snake game is really good it makes me want to be a snake and slither around on my stomach

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

??? Here's a picture I took of me

Thanks for the unmarked spoilers so you can own some dude appreciate it

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Nolgthorn posted:

I have a question about Snake Pass controls. For some reason all the videos the person playing can't figure out how to move like a snake, and never mentions anything about how to play properly. You gotta wrap your snake body around stuff to go do things, jerks!

Is it hard to wrap yourself around for example a vertical pole? Isn't it just hold the control stick a bit to one side, while raising the head with the "raise head" button? Wouldn't that just wrap the dude around the pole?

Are the controls and game mechanics really that hard?

Some people just aren't cut out to think like a snake. Nobody is talking about this

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Wii Sports U golf is the best golf and probably the only game to use the sensor bar in the gamepad in a new and novel way

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

snake game is really good, i am enjoying myself slithering around and making hissssss sounds

once you get the hang of the controls it's extremely satisfying to climb up big structures really quick

and if you're not trying to get all the orbs/coins you are not playing snake game right, all the really fun challenges come from the coins in particular

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Twitch Prime is a pretty great benefit if you're into that

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

andipossess posted:

Maybe.

They're rated T for "Fantasy Violence, Sexual Themes, Drug Reference, Mild Language, Crude Humor". At least the first one is.

You can put on family friendly mode IIRC

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Harlock posted:

Jackbox doesn't have online play unless you stream the game

It doesn't have online play but you need to play online

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Soul Glo posted:

Killzone 4 is a good game.

Lego City Undercover? Not so much.

Actually, you'll find that Killzone 4 is bad and Lego City Undercover is good

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

BOXBOY

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

YELLOW JOYCONS LET'S GO

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

WALUIGI MINECRAFT

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Why do people still play monopoly in the year of our lord 2017

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Lol this Splatoon trailer rules

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

i'm gonna buy the piss joycons

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

it's almost PUYO PUYO TETRIS time, damnit

I am ready for puzzles

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Holy poo poo there are PURPLE SPARKS in MK8 Deluxe? Nintendo you glorious bastards, way to make me find new lines for all the old tracks

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

DNA man hardest fighter 2017

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

HD rumble feels so good in MK8 every time I get them purple sparks

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Kamiko is a really neat little game. Pick it up if you've got five bucks and an hour of spare time.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

I'm ready to buy some dope shirts

http://www.uniqlo.com/utgp2017/us/

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Feenix posted:

My 4 year old is so gosh darn excited by the new Mario Kart that I had to get this because it was really not that much...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB7NvGdANFM

And it's very cool!

tetra and ganondorf dlc confirmed

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Tender Bender posted:

Heroes Path sounds rad as hell, it almost makes me wish I'd waited to play until that came out because it'd be cool to track my wanderings.

the way the heroes path blurb is written sounds like it's retroactive (please be retroactive)

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

tap my mountain posted:

Who cares, it's not like this is suddenly going to be the first good rabbids game.

Yeah, Rabbids Go Home already exists :colbert:

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

You gotta admit though, Mother 3 would be a hell of a headline catcher for a Virtual Console announcement. There's no reason for VC to not have been talked about yet unless there was some sort of big announcement to go along with it.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Scratch-O posted:

A mainline Pokemon game on a console with paid online is gonna loving suck and I don't know why people are getting excited about it. Then again, SuMo hid the non-local-wireless stuff so deep that I wouldn't be surprised at this point

Adding Pokémon Bank as an included feature to the paid online service is such a no brainer that it probably won't happen.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

spasticColon posted:

So the Switch is still selling like hotcakes? I probably will get one but not until they come out with a thinner and lighter "Switch Lite". I'm kinda hoping they come out with one with a ~5 inch screen, thinner (meaning no stupid cooling fan), and of course lighter with better battery life.

honestly I'm not sure if we're ever going to see a "thinner" switch, the rail system kind of has them locked into this position. it might get cheaper for sure, the screen might upgrade, but I dunno about "thinner". it'd be a real cluster to have Joycon Lites, confusing as the controllers already are.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

how can you tell what the difficulty of the dudes in Puyo Puyo Tetris are? Nutrition Robot is about on my skill level but Science Dog is pretty clearly better than me

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Meldonox posted:

1. I have a tiny air (definitely not dust) bubble under my glass screen protector. Do I need to keep massaging that out toward an edge, or should I lift the thing back up a little and try to smooth it back down properly, or do those just kinda go away as the thing settles into place?
2. How do I know whether I have that left joycon defect? It sure seems like the left one's a little more sensitive to range than the right, but the right wasn't perfect all the way across my living room either.

1) just massage it out towards the edge
2) just follow these instructions to see if you have sync issues

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Supercar Gautier posted:

I don't think a drastically smaller Switch is happening anytime remotely soon, if at all.

However, one route they might take for a hardware revision is to put out a cheaper, handheld-focused edition. It'd have non-detachable controls (might allow them to make it a little smaller), and no dock in the box (shaves a good chunk off the pricetag). The only parts included would be the system and charger. Allows them to offer a lower cost up-front, while still leaving the option to upgrade to full functionality by buying a dock and controllers separately.

Ah, the Doesn't Switch. The logical follow up to the 2DS.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

The 3DS won't die anytime soon because there are still a lot of good games coming out for it and a loving enormous back catalog of good games

Sure new games might stop coming out in a year and a half or so, but hardware will still be produced for a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

No new games is the definition of a system being dead.

So the Wii U, a system that is out of production but is still getting new games is... alive????

• Locked thread