Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

How do I get a boost start in fast rmx?

I tried it just to check it out and now infant go back to zelda. This is so fun and pretty and fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Dr. VooDoo posted:

During the countdown in the middle of 2 start holding down A and you'll get a starting boost

Thanks.

Soul Glo posted:

I just got home from work and opened my Switch.

These Joycons are tiny.
Yeah have trouble even snipperclips with them.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

TheScott2K posted:

Something something memory card

Unironically people complain about switch letting you use whatever when vita memory exists.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Can you change your icons around?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

TheScott2K posted:

That blew my mind. They're letting you use the kind of memory you can buy by the pound when the alternative is either proprietary horseshit like Sony or on-board and nothing else. What a dumb thing to complain about.

Complain about the garbage dock and the charge port being underneath. And the plastic screen. And for being the most fragile thing Nintendo has ever made. But don't complain about the fact that there's an SD slot.

Yeah do people really LIKE the apple model of $100 for 32gigs more? I always loved the android model of get whatev you want for however much you want.

I think its incredibly consumer friendly. Of course I always buy the lowest sized android model of a phone and upgrade memory with the market.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Infinitum posted:

Yeah it's not $33 rebuy good tho.

Its 25?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

I see. I have the same reaction to 25. If I can get a straight answer on coop I might buy.

Thrn again. Single joycon mode is really poo poo.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

3 hours going to 6 from Zelda to a non intensive game. Yeah brightness (for once) isnt the biggest factor.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Rirse posted:

Just tested, you can do co-op with the joy cons, just might want to make another profile as it disable feats on that profile.

Of one person dies how does it affect the game. Do you lose? Res at the next checkpoint?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

my new dog posted:

hey does anyone itt know how large the (day one) system update is? due to reasons i cant connect to the wifi here and no built in ethernet soo its gonna have to be mobile

Its super tiny. By the time I had logged into the system it was done. I think I just flips to digital switches. You are good to go on mobile.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

So do games save to the cart or the system?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

akadajet posted:

I hate asking this since I'm sure it's been discussed, but is it pretty much confirmed that the pro controller doesn't suffer from the same connectivity issue? I might pick one up if that's the case.

Its really solid and comfortable. Its antenna is much stronger. Buy the left joycon seems to really be hit or miss. Annoying inconsistant hardware.

I suggest trying the joycons in grip and it its acceptable wait to a sale or price drop.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Beastie posted:

Digging the Switch. Zelda is out of this world. It's unlike anything else. It creates such a sense of wonder, magic, and danger. These are those Nintendo experiences.

Haven't experienced too much slowdown when it's docked but what little I have has not affected my playing.

The left joycon has desynced once and I quickly realized it was because I was holding the controller grip in a stupid way. Glad I have a pro coming tomorrow because the grip is a bit awkward.

Snipperclips has got my girlfriend loving this thing. Might go out and see what amiibo interests me.

Way to hold your controller wrong :smug:

... :ssh: its insane that there can be a wrong way to hold a controller and have it not work

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Tomahawk posted:

This might as well be the Zelda thread do you expect me to believe anyone is playing other games on the Nintendo Zeldabox

I went to check out fast rmx last night and played that til I went to bed. Its really good, I was always bad at switching in ikaruga but this is easier and better. Check it out.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Hammer Bro. posted:

I have Shovel Knight on my 3DS, which I still carry around with me. I haven't played the Plague Knight expansion yet, so the third expansion being temporarily exclusive is not a draw.

Other than giving Yacht Club more money, is there any compelling reason for me to buy it on the Switch?

Impromptu joycon co-op?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Not to excuse broken hardware. But anybody who's read any reviews of any electronics knows there's always a number of DOA units. Sucks but its the nature of things.

The annoying part is its hard to tell without months reviews or independent reports how bad it is. Like if you go to buy a video card from newegg is the 1 star poo poo broke reviews 5% or 20%?

I feel bad for goons with brickches still.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

InFlames235 posted:

So I didn't get to play my Switch last night cuz it was my buddy's birthday and I had friend obligations. Got to play Zelda for a good hour this morning and god drat am I loving the Switch. This is one hell of a powerful portable and even the great plateau is already awesome in Zelda haha. Really can't wait to dive into it more but I'm loving my purchase so far.

You went to a party and didnt bust out snipperclips? Literally doing it wrong.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Zelda chat every horse bucks me off. help ok. Smashing L helped.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Lol at street fighter on a single joycon. I can barely use them for slow paced snipperclips. I gotta try fast rmx 2 player and see if I can handle it.

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Mar 4, 2017

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Josh Lyman posted:

Kid controllers for a kid's console :smug:

Naw they are fine in docked mode. But laughably poo poo single.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

dead lettuce posted:

I bought Breath of the Wild on the Wii U eShop. If I go out today and buy a Switch, will I have to buy the game a second time or will it work on the Switch?

You have to buy it again.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

I tried to redeem points for eshop games and it said Cartridge only. What cartridge? Guessing this will be fixed soon.

Only for physical buys.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Just made mex account, worked fine, making a jpn account now for future fun. Dont know if theres anything I want from the jpn now.

Any jpn only gems? That arent neogeo games.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

enojy posted:

The Puyo Puyo Tetris S demo. I'd just stick to the demo unless you can read Japanese. There's a Dragon Quest Heroes I & II demo if you want to disappoint yourself with how poorly it runs. I think that's about it for now, besides the Neo Geo games and that ridiculously lovely looking magical princess whatever game.

Lame to hear. At least I'm set for the future eshop importing. That was surprisingly easy.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

How you start coop in shovel knight?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Hybridfusion posted:

I have a brand new 2016 model tv with all the bells and whistles. I just had to disable the auto-hdmi bullshit on the switch because I'm losing the battle with my TV being flipped to the switch HDMI every god drat thirty seconds.

Come the gently caress on, Nintendo. gently caress

Heard a lot of this. Mine doesnt do it. Its odd.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

PerrineClostermann posted:

How many controllers have the D-pad above the sticks? There's...the Dualshock/Six-Axis line....and...PSP/Vita?

Sony ones.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

drat. I was going to skin it. Because I skin everything. Hopefully a solution can be found.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Decius posted:

Too many reports about this poo poo to blame the various TVs rather than the one thing all these cases have in common: The Switch.

Hahaha. Have you never felt with cec before. These are the same complaints that every device has. These could be straight out of the ps4 thread. Cec is the shitshow. Its supposed to a standard but different tv manufacturers and even tv's from a single manufacturer act differently.

But yeah must be Nintendo's fault because a thing that doesnt work right everywhere doesnt work right here.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Stefan Prodan posted:

How the gently caress do you disconect the joycon half from the uhh I dunno what to call it but the extra grip thing with the lanyard on it?

I have tried hitting the button that lets you disconnect the joycon from the main switch console and tried both configurations of the white tab that says LOCK but wtf I can't get this thing off

I guess I'm just an idiot but what do I do here

Its just really tight the first time. Press button push up.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Tender Bender posted:

I have a ton of cheap microfiber cloths for my glasses and devices, any reason why it would be a bad idea to cut one up and use doublesided tape to stick scraps to the parts of the dock that make contact with the switch?

Or get a screen protector.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Boy Zelda is easier if you follow the critical path. I wandered for 5-10 hours then went to where I was supposed to and got some stuff that would have been really nice to have the whole time.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

pliable posted:

By "critical path", do you mean the main quests? I've been trying to follow the main quests and I'm still getting destroyed left and right. Zelda hard :(

Yeah. I went to the oceanand fought stuff WAY above my level. Some shrines combat challanges that I literally could only chip damage the enemies with the most exotic weapons I had.

I now suspect its literally impossible to "race to the end game" because your weapons won't hurt things and will break instantly. I look forward to speed runs for this that will have to gather enough items to beat the game. Kind of like the 15 minute morowind runs.

But thats all speculation because in terrified of spoilering myself because thus game is all about what's around the next corner.

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Mar 5, 2017

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Bloodplay it again posted:

I had to press it three times but then it rumbled and turned on my TV and three A presses later I'm back where I was in Zelda. Hell yeah.

Look at the lights on the bottom. If they are flashing back and forth its searching for system. One solid light its connected. Hit any button if it system didnt show up on tv.

1 home press should bring up the press 3x screen (or bypass it if you started it with the same controller you slept it)

note snipperclips (and I assume other joycon only games) cuts of pro to the extent that it cant even connect to the system during it. You can't use the pro to go to the menu or sleep the system. Weird. Is switch limited to 4 controllers at once? you'd think I could be controller 5 to do menu work.

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Mar 5, 2017

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Now that I made mutiple accounts for region eshopping. I have to select a profile every time I open any game. It there a way to default this? Its just another button press but still.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Any case recommendation? The kne I ordered wont be ready for months.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Both single joycons are crap. Left got no signal. Right got worse setup. Pick your poison.

Real hurthling! posted:

Switch keeps stealing the focus from other devices while in sleep mode on Samsung tvs

Very annoying.

Not mine. In fact I can't get attention back unless its waking up. Which is opposite annoying. I can press the ps button on ps4 to get attention to that from whatever's happening.

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Mar 5, 2017

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Still would love a case recommendation that's not sold out.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Feenix posted:

Ugh. Amazon said I'd have mine monday (Paid extra for that) but I don't see how unless USPS tracking is just delayed. It updated at 10am today to say it was in IL. Departed Seller, on route to carrier. I live in Seattle.

There's just no fuckin' way...

[edit for less whiny content]: Do I want some kind of right angle USB C charger or something? Please advise...

Its on the the bottom middle so a 90 usb c would balance the whole console on that. Its a really bad design. I think a case could fix it. But that's problematic with joycons removing.

Switch lite will have one onthe back I bet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Drunk Tomato posted:

The port is on the bottom so it can dock, and so there is space on top for the fans. we had this discussion like three pages ago guys. The switch can charge in its two most used positions.

It wouldnt have been hard to engineer it with contacts like the wiiu tablet(which could dock and had an alternate charging port). So it worked in all 3 advertized play modes.

But since you talked about it already I guess its a settled matter and everything is forgiven.

• Locked thread