Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

acksplode posted:

BotW to all other open world games: "shoulda just stayed linear bitch"

Unironically yes. I think they are ruined for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Tender Bender posted:

BotW is fantastic but much like Link Between Worlds I feel the way they implemented the nonlinearity has its pros and cons and other games can deliver a good experience by not going as far in that direction.

Its different. Zelda found the key to making exploring work for explorings sake. It was almost apathetic to the player. Seeing a widget on the map does not make me WANT to go get it. It makes me Tell I SHOULD go get it. Its hard to explain but that "what's over the next rise" feeling isnt in anything else. Sure as he'll not Horizon. Which I loved other then the open world bullshit.

The more I think about it the more genius Breath is. Explore, or not, until you feel ready to take on the boss. Have fun.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

I bought the glass one. But my hori one refuses to listen to goons and won't peel or scratch or fail to be awesome in any way. So I havent had reason to put my glass one on yet.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Norns posted:

It seems to actually use HD rumble unlike Zelda

Which is dumbfounding. Maybe they didn't want to upstage the wiiu one? But your launch huge title and I can't feel the got dang ice cubes?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Which goon is is mad I bought physical?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

My GF and I did every 200cc grand prix last night.
gently caress Mario Kart.

Are you whining about content?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

TVs Ian posted:

A Sonic Racing Transformed-like single player would be neat. Or a Smash-style events page with special races/AI battle mode.

Maybe if the next one just up and becomes Nintendo Kart, since it's pretty much there already.

I played the he'll out of this. But I remember it just being races too?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

it literally has coins

I think he means a shop where you spend coins on what you want. Not random unlocks.

Does the game tell you when youve unlocked everything? Or what number should I be looking for to have everything unlocked?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

TVs Ian posted:

There were different modes. Some were races or racing ghosts, some were trials to get the longest drift possible, there was a mode where you followed and shot at a tank, there were elimination modes where players got knocked out when they got hit and you had to survive, and there was a mode with traffic to avoid on the courses.

They were all on the same courses or parts of them, but they mixed it up a bit so it wasn't all, "complete a race, finish in at least position x."

Don't know how I missed those. K played it like a mario kart. I probably thought it was time trials which I don't care for.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The best part about mk8 is with autoacceleration and stearing my 4 year old finishes tracks about 30 seconds after my 7 year old and me.

In previous games she would be on lap 2 at most.

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Apr 29, 2017

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Not usually a framrate whore. But MK is so drat smooth that dropping to 30 in multiplayer feels noticeably worse.

Also its odd having the item wheel spinning silky smooth.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Mister Facetious posted:

So I was at my brother's playing MK8D with him and his kids, and holy loving poo poo- when did the A.I. get so spitefully aggressive at loving the players?

My last experiences with the franchise was MK, MK64, MK-GBA, and MKDS, and I swear the game never hate hosed me like this game does on the higher difficulties.

This is hilariously toned down from the Wii MK. So never player that one if you don't want to rage. Feels great to me.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Infinitum posted:

:siren: Blaster Mastero Zero DLC update is live!* :siren:
* Meant to be live, but update isn't available on my Switch just yet :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyxmTv281pg

So yeah, DLC Characters are FREE for a limited time if you already own the game.
Get on that poo poo

BM0 is a super nice little Metroidvania. Highly recommend picking it up as it was a solid title as it was before this update.
Knocked it out in a little over 10 hours, but this Destroyer/Hardcore Mode has me :swoon: for an added challenge.

Where do you get the dlc?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

While I 100% think there will be a switch lite. It cant get much smaller without killing screen size, and the joycons are too drat small as it is for me, I wouldnt want paper thin joycons. no no no

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I've been playing it with the pro controller like an rear end in a top hat.

pro controller doesn have hd rumble?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

Nintendo has new IPs?

Butts Arms

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

I thought I would like Disgaea and it would be fun to try to break the game, which seems like the goal.

Then I played it and there were 20 intersecting systems and it overwhelmed me and it seemed like you could break them against eachother but it didn't seem fun to me to try.

Did I miss something?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

I heard that for years. Then I played it and didnt think it was that bad. But that's after years of poo poo talk. So my expectation for how bad it was supposed to be was very high.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Just peaked back into the video games word and found my dreams are answered and monster hunter will be on the Switch. All I see is a Japanese release date of August, any word on a US release date...cause monster hunters sometimes have a HUGE gap between regions.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

So all the Monster Hunter World chat is saying that MHXX is not coming to NA. Is this a true and very bad thing? While World looked real good, I treasure portability in my MH formula...

Am I a sad sad goon? Break it to me quick. I can take it.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

Is there somewhere that summarizes all the announcements from yesterday? I know there were some made after the stream as well so I'm trying to get caught up. I was hoping it would be on the first page but alas.

The videos like 24 minutes long, its not a 90 minute press monster

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

and then nintendo started announcing even more poo poo in their treehouse thing

Guy Goodbody posted:

yeah but there were two more announcements randomly in the post keynote stream

Really? Anything good?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF MARIO HIT HIMSELF WITH HIS OWN HAT?

Why do you think his name is Mario Mario?

First game in the timeline confirmed.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Kirby mix and match coop looked fun.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Hi pizza goons, did the Nintendo mans announce a secret new thing yesterday?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

I know Rabbids predate them. But they give me the same vibe as minions do. The designed by committee to be super cute and oh-so-wacky. Its just doesn't land for me on any level. The game looks interesting but I cannot get past the terrible bad looking rabbids.

• Locked thread