Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Why does everyone want Bluetooth audio? What would make that better than regular wireless headphones? In my experience with Bluetooth, it has way too much latency to be useful for game audio and it's not like you can watch movies on Switch.

I think this is a dual stick vs gyro aiming thing where there's just two feelings on it no one really has to explain. Except the ones who are plainly wrong, those morons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

LionArcher posted:

Friends, I spent two hours yesterday driving to every store locally to find a neon switch. Nothing. No switches of any kind. This morning, i saw that target bundle, but I hesitated. Then, I checked istock this afternoon. Local target, multiple neon switches it said. I drove safely, but I drove fast. They had five in stock. All neon.

I am now a proud Switch owner :)

Also, if you're looking my guess is that a lot of targets got switches today.

Finally, what speed SD card should I get for the switch?

Whatever the typical is these days, what is that class 10? 80MB/s type stuff.

It doesn't really matter much

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

So this just happened it's not a promo or something?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Mister Facetious posted:

You want to miss more than you already do?

Honestly I'm probably better with a gyro than a mouse at this point due to hours and hours of splatoon. I mean my aim has always been mediocre forever but the technology works just fine.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

People crapping on Splatoon's single player never played the last boss. That was top tier work right there, even if the rest was just ok.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Splatoon outsold edit: god drat everything on the Wii U in Japan so there's why there's SO MUCH SPLATOON.

Also because it's good.

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?page=1&results=25&name=&platform=WiiU&minSales=1&publisher=&genre=&sort=JP

LethalGeek fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jun 15, 2017

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I might have to actually care about voice because of splatoon's salmon run would be good with some chatter.

Other modes would just be me screaming at the rest of you for dragging me down in Ranked.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

If you like really hard games, Has Been Heroes is it at least starting out. I'm just barely pulling this off against bosses so far.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

hyphz posted:

Ok, this just got weirder. I tried a whole new set of JoyCons (I wanted to get a second set anyway for 2/4 player) and the same thing. Is there some weird fault where the Switch itself won't pair with the right JoyCon, but will with the left? It just seems strange.

The connection pins on he switch must be bad, sucks.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Wonder what the controller update is about

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Well all mine are already up to date so yay...whatever that will ultimately be about.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Bill Barber posted:

What the heck are you on about?

quote:

- Update connected controllers
To update, head to System Settings > Controllers and Sensors > Update Controllers

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

mike12345 posted:

Are those new models? Can't find them.

Yeah they'll be out "holiday"

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

HyperPuma posted:

*stands still for 15 seconds waiting for lizard to finally attack*

this... owns

lol look at this scrub.

Edit: the back pedal begins!

LethalGeek fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jun 20, 2017

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Bitter fly posted:

Just plopped down some money on getting a Switch today at Gamestop, it comes with Arms and a really lovely looking game called "Has Been Heroes". Was going to get one from Amazon but they increased the price on me. Too bad I had to get a poo poo bundle, I wanted to get Mario Kart and Zelda BoTW :argh:
Has Been Heroes has been fun for me so far. If you're into rogue likes and/or tower defense games that is

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I have a redeye flight tomorrow and if I don't pass out I'm going to be having a ton of fun on my switch. Almost looking forward to it.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I wish I wasn't terrible at fighting games cause I can see the fun in ARMS but holy crap I could tell from the demo I just dont have it to really play it well. Same with Smash 4

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I'm saving my energies for splatoon 2 because that i very very much get and ran wild on other goons when that came out.

Cept Lemming. It's so on gonna be on again.

Sooooooon.....

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

EpicNemesis posted:

I still don't know if the whole neo turf masters thing is an inside joke or not. I bought it thinking people were serious and it is loving terrible. The only way you would like it is if you played it when it came out and you are on a pure nostalgia trip.

I never played it before and was surprised that I've been enjoying it. It will be in the pile of games I play when I need to kill time out of the house

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

For those of you asking about more dream courses there was a group of people who really put in some time and made a game grumps hack to the rom with about 150 new levels. From what I saw the levels actually had some thought into them and were not just a bunch of Mario maker type bullshit. They were able to play through them no problem.

https://www.reddit.com/r/KDCGameGrumps/comments/50kndy/grumps_dream_course_10_is_here_get_the_patch/

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Frankston posted:

Does anyone else have a problem with the e-shop not working the first time you try to boot it up, every time? I launch it, get an error, then have to back out to the home screen and launch it again for it to work, every single time I want to use it.

This is the first time ive ever heard this.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Brought my switch on my trip and it's been awesome. Hooked it up to my parent's TV to show my mom 1 2 switch had a bit of a reception problem but the thing was behind the TV next to two routers 😛. Way too much 2.4 ghz back there, had to move it out a bit.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Ludwig van Halen posted:

Weren't they supposed to have fixed that? I bought my switch sometime after they supposedly fixed the left joy con, but I have issues with it all the time

What I was experiencing was a limit of wireless technology than a switch problem. I can replicate the same kinda issues sticking a laptop and phone right next to each other. I'm talking a couple inches of space

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I need to buy some nintendo stock, or least tell my dad to

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Artix posted:

Tetris Attack is just Super Puzzle League, isn't it? There's no reason they couldn't include it, outside of the name.

Correct

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Calaveron posted:

You can use the Switch Pro Controller on a PC/Steam right? What do I need to do that

Hit the connect button on the controller's top and tell the machine to pair to it. Nothing special

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

HyperPuma posted:

how does the snes mini cost less than a switch dock?

are they selling this at a loss?

Cause it's just a little cpu and ports. The dock is expensive cause all USB C to hdmi docks are pricey for whatever reason. Even not Nintendo ones in Amazon are about 60

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

HyperPuma posted:

no they arent

Sorry: from a brand I actually half recognize. Lol at buying the cheapest thing from some no name Chinese company.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Tales of Woe posted:

Finally got one of these. Are there any good multiplayer games yet other than Mario Kart that can do 2-player with the joycon halves rather than needing a second pair?

You should absolutely get snipperclips if you have someone to play it with. I am not being ironic, it is hella funny playing that with a 2nd person

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Beastie posted:

So what the heck is the lore for Splatoon? Squids vs Octopuses because why?

Mainly fighting over power sources in the first game. Though Squids seems largely oblivious of all this happening they're too busy living care free lives.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Voice chat, loving lol

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

whaley posted:

I don't know how to use Discord or work any sort of technology so I'm going to make fun of Nintendo instead

I was making fun of all of it, but thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Cojawfee posted:

The new thread will never have the ability to quote other posts like all the other current threads do because it runs on the older forum engine that ran the 360 and PS3 threads.
I like this one.

• Locked thread