Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

This looks cool and all but is there some kind of law that schmups can never be 16:9 even if they've never been on a real arcade system? Like this game started out on PC and now Switch. Nobody is going to be playing it on a vertical monitor.

Imagined fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jun 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Ostentatious posted:

every racing game pales in comparison to Crash Team Racing Burnout 3 when you think about it

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

"They're sold out everywhere you guys!" :rolleye:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Mister Facetious posted:

Scalpers didn't do their daily rounds yet.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Instant Sunrise posted:

Nintendo has been cursed ever since they denied Bob the chance to make his game

I forgot about Bob's Game until somebody brought it up just before E3

That guy never got professional help did he

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

The stores are scalping the scalpers.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Scalpers breaking into stores now to give them more stock

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Canada is too cold, and they're pre-scalped (sales tax + environmental handling fee).

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I thought there's only shortages in the US and Japan

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Tried to look for some Zelda amiibo and holy crap is this ridiculous. Is there an amiibo thread? Can't find one. I already bought a lot of the old Zelda amiibo, but I still don't have my favorite horsey in game, and I want it :argh: ... if things keep being hard to find I may just go to Etsy and buy some pre made NFC cards.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

JethroMcB posted:

I forgot about Bob's Game until somebody brought it up just before E3

That guy never got professional help did he

I think he actually did release it on Steam a couple years ago.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

You don't even have to do that. Just create a server, and then your friend can click "join a friend" or whatever and join your server directly. It's actually very very simple and easy!

Korthal
May 26, 2011

I wish the devs would use the capacitive touch screen. Disgaea 5 really would benefit from it.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

LionArcher posted:

Tried to look for some Zelda amiibo and holy crap is this ridiculous. Is there an amiibo thread? Can't find one. I already bought a lot of the old Zelda amiibo, but I still don't have my favorite horsey in game, and I want it :argh: ... if things keep being hard to find I may just go to Etsy and buy some pre made NFC cards.

The amiibo thread is here: click me!

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

Stormangel posted:

It's already there. Settings-User-Skip Selection check box. It hasn't ever popped up after I set it.

This option goes away if you add another user. It's stupid.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mister Facetious posted:

Canada is too cold, and they're pre-scalped (sales tax + environmental handling fee).

Don't worry, those will all sell like hot cakes once Activision announces Call of Duty for the Switch with cross-platform play!

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

The amiibo thread is here: click me!

Thanks!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Mister Facetious posted:

The store is the scalper you...you idiot!!!

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
So Zelda is consuming what little is left of my life that my newborn son doesn't take from me but thankfully the Switch is great for times when those needs overlap!

Is there something I'm missing about spear and two-handed weapon combat in Zelda? It feels like combat was basically designed around having a shield as sidestepping is awkward and sucks compared to Souls-like games and so many enemies don't even flinch when getting hit. Do two handed weapons just kinda blow?

Also just in general I wish the combat was more skill and less numbers based.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Yodzilla posted:

So Zelda is consuming what little is left of my life that my newborn son doesn't take from me but thankfully the Switch is great for times when those needs overlap!

Is there something I'm missing about spear and two-handed weapon combat in Zelda? It feels like combat was basically designed around having a shield as sidestepping is awkward and sucks compared to Souls-like games and so many enemies don't even flinch when getting hit. Do two handed weapons just kinda blow?

I get that, but I will say that I was able to beat a Major Test of Strength with basically peanuts once I figured out how to do Flurry Rushes, and knew how to take advantage of materials like chuchu jelly to make explosives. When I first went in there, it beat my rear end so bad and I was far more prepared.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Two handed swords are spin to win.

It is incredibly awkward to put one away fast enough to block in a lot of situations though, yeah.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
the combat is really bad, but once you can tank some damage two handed weapons are pretty good cause you can just spin until they get knocked over or die

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Yodzilla posted:

spears hit FAST and greatswords have Spin to Win

The combat is arguably fairly shallow, but the other weapon types definitely have their uses.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
zelda has really good combat :)

WIFEY WATCHDOG fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jun 20, 2017

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

nah its easily the worst thing about the game

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Actually it's good

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

*stands still for 15 seconds waiting for lizard to finally attack*

this... owns

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Yodzilla posted:

I also have a little baby and separated joycons are, like, the perfect thing for holding a child.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

HyperPuma posted:

this... owns

Lol if you don't throw bombs everywhere and start fires creating updrafts and floating into the air and using your arrows in midair every combat encounter.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

HyperPuma posted:

this... owns

Why didn't you shoot him with an arrow

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

my arrows are precious and wont be wasted on lowly lizard scum

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Playing Super Mario Bros level 1-1 and you have stand still and wait for the first goomba to walk over to you so you can jump straight up and land on his head without moving... I have a fire suit now but it still wants me to wait and jump on the bad guys. This game sucks...

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

The Bloop posted:

spears hit FAST and greatswords have Spin to Win

The combat is arguably fairly shallow, but the other weapon types definitely have their uses.
Spears also have really big knockback on the final hit of their combo, so you can push enemies off ledges and go on your merry way. Or into lava in Death Mountain :black101:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

HyperPuma posted:

this... owns

Why didn't you use draft arrows or a surprise attack or a flurry rush or charge in?

Are you new to games? Did you know it's not an on-rail shooter?

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

you cant charge in because they jump away when you try

have you played the game?

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I was always running out of arrows until I learned the trick of just running in circles around Bokoblin watchtowers and picking up all the arrows they shot at me.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
It's like people who say dark souls has bad combat because they are bad at it

Wanna know what has good combat even if you're bad? Splatoon 2

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

HyperPuma posted:

you cant charge in because they jump away when you try

have you played the game?

Yep. I beat it.

Without getting punked by a lizard, lol.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

HyperPuma posted:

nah its easily the worst thing about the game

What's the opposite of damning with faint praise?

edit:

Praised with faint drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Got all sorts of games on my Switch but gently caress if I'm not just playing Puyo Puyo Tetris's marathon mode over and over and over and

• Locked thread