Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Spacebump posted:

I don't think I'm ever going to find a Switch. The day after I left Dallas Amazon Instant had it up for 3 minutes. All the in stock websites seem to be wrong when they list it as being in stock.

You could have one for 500 dollars on ebay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The hype for the Switch and the hype for the Wii U seem to be in polar opposites.

This is heavily reminding me of the Wii, whereas the Wii U was the wettest of farts.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

holy poo poo

Splatoon 2 is SO loving GOOD

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

uh

im probably going to buy splatoon 2

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

NOOOOOOOO

YOU ASSHOLES

I NEED MY FIX THAT WAS SUCH A FUN HOUR AND MY FIRST EXPOSURE TO SPLATOON

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Takoluka posted:

I mean, you could always try again later, because I'm genuinely not feeling your complaints. It seems to boil down to "I was not able to win immediately, and I am not willing to put forth the effort necessary to reach that point." Oh well.

I actually got kind of good towards the end of my hour. I was getting pretty good with the dual blasters, learning to dodge and what not.

I also knew going in that gyro was the way to go and made myself play with gyro aiming. I was horrible the first 30 minutes and it was like a lightbulb went off in my head and I got significantly better.

You've got to put the time in, goons.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Dualies or gtfo

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I loved that bomb that goes in a straight line with the dualies. I felt like I covered significant ground with it.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

chaleski posted:

I'm gonna have to tear myself away from Zelda tonight to play Splatoon

The Switch is pretty neat, dudes

remember the wii u

that was bad

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Splatoon 2 GotY?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I'm a member of the dWo

Dualies World Order

fo' lyfe

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I think I'm actually getting pretty good at this game!

Name is Kirios in case you see me on there. Just got a 11-0 w/ 1906 points!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I feel like hockey jersey is the pro tier choice for Splatoon.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Gimbal lock posted:

I figured out my magic settings: pro controller, -2 sensitivity tilt, -1 sensitivity stick.

I dropped my sensitivity on tilt to -1 and did SIGNIFICANTLY better. This was the hour where it finally clicked for me.

I was also becoming really mobile w/ dualies, learning to stick back and stealth strike people. Combined with the hockey puck bomb that glides in a line, it was loving great. Want more of that!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

DalaranJ posted:

Oh, that's good stuff. Splatoon is the only shooter where I ever get over 1 k/d.

That hour, I had some of my best ever matches in a shooter, and I'm usually pretty mediocre at them. This is the first time where I'm somewhat bummed to go back to Zelda (that'll pass in like 3 minutes, tops). Splatoon 2 is a tremendously fun game.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Lets stop having a really dumb ableist discussion and instead talk about how cool Splatoon 2 is

Because it is

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

If Overwatch is worth 60 dollars Splatoon 2 surely is.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

1-2 Switch is definitely a new IP, and it sucks. Stop moving the goalpost.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

FYI Metroid federation force is the best Metroid game in the last decade.

(I want a new Metroid game)

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

lelandjs posted:

*sigh * Well that's the problem, I probably would too. I've bought all four of the Mario & Luigi/Paper Mario games that came out last gen and was dissapointed in all of them.

BUT I KEPT BUYING THEM AS THEY RELEASED ANYWAY. "This time it'll be different! Look, they put Paper Mario in with Mario & Luigi! Certainly that will fix the issues I have with both series instead of having the issues from both!" :v:

It's me and people like me. We're the problem.

I liked Super Paper Mario, but wow, both series took a nosedive after that game.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

SeANMcBAY posted:

Color Splash was pretty good and even better than Super imo.

That game did not review well at all. You may be in the minority on this one.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Color Splash may be an OK or even good game, but it came out way too late in the Wii U's cycle and has middling reviews. It's hard for me to really care about it at all.

Not to mention Sticker Star burned me hard. I despised that game, and nothing Color Splash's previews + review cycle did inspired me to give it a honest shot.

Maybe if they brought it over to Switch I'd give it a honest shot, since there's at least a couple of goons willing to defend it.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Lemming posted:

I didn't hate sticker star, I found it intensely boring though, which I feel is a far greater sin

That's the reason I despised it. I felt like I wasted my time and my life playing it.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I remember there being a Wario game on Gamecube that was kind of good? They should port that to Switch.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

a.lo posted:

have a waluigi game doing tax returns

The difficulty levels are 1040-EZ, 1040A, and 1040.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I wasn't sold on the Switch coming out, but seeing how BotW is apparently amazing, I guess I need one now. Though I'll wait until my birthday in July to pick it up. Supply issues should be over by then

BotW is personally my favorite game ever and is easily worth the cost of a Switch.

The Switch is still an excellent piece of hardware though.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The case that comes with the Special Edition is fantastic. I 100% recommend it.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Early reports are this update fixes the Switch taking over the input on certain TVs.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

deadwing posted:

How did this argument escape from 2007

Nintendo and their fanboys are both stuck a decade in the past.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I haven't even looked at my Vita or my 3DS since getting the switch. I'm starting to get the feeling I will never touch those two devices ever again.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Here is the agreed upon and decided go to list of not Zelda recommendations. Please etch this into stones (and the first post) goons:

* Shovel Knight Treasure Trove
* Blastermaster Zero
* Snipperclips
* Neo Turf Masters
* Fast Racing RMX
* Human Resource Machine
* Snake Pass

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

My list is 100% up to date and accurate.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Lets be real people.

If you haven't played Shovel Knight, the #1 answer is 100% Shovel Knight. Otherwise, it's Blaster Master.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Should I buy snake pass

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Dr. VooDoo posted:

If the Switch was Super Saiyan Goku what level Super Saiyan would it be?

SSJ Sephiroth

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

If you want to play games we have a console for you.

It's called the Wii U.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Mario Kart kind of sucks, though.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Lol at loving your hands up for life at 18

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

What's the goon room. Lets get this poo poo going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

ughhhhhh smart steering is the worst why is it on by default

• Locked thread