Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Went to get my pre-ring done so I can get in and out super fast at Gamestop. At 6pm there was a huge line of people even though the store only has 8 consoles and one dude in a truck was basically doing doughnuts while screaming "I'LL GIVE 100 BUCKS TO WHOEVER GIVES ME THEIR SPOT IN LINE."

Can't wait to go up there in a couple hours again and see if anythings changed!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

When I went into get my stuff they were holding a trivia quiz about Kirby for some loving reason

I walked out of gamestop with a tote bag and a lapel as well as a poster.

Also some dudes at midnight started singing the switch reveal trailer song with the music playing on their cellphones- as they sang people just started staring at them and they got quieter and quieter until they were basically mumbling while their cellphone screamed GONNA HAVE A GOOD TIME.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Hows Blaster Master? I'm kind of tempted to get it but I've seen literally no one talk about it

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Thanks folks, gonna pick it up later then!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I just got the good ending in Blaster Master Zero and man that's a fine game.

The final boss caught me off guard as it was something I wasn't expecting in a game like this and I loved it :v:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

what are the odds the full game will be any better?

Because lol what the gently caress are you doing nintendo.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Yeah I'm confused I thought everyone was saying how much smoother poo poo was in the Splatoon 2 testfire then the first game was. Now that someone put something out about tickrate it's was retroactively playing bad?

A good handful of people had it just fine. Others not so much.

At one point I just stopped playing because the lag was getting frustrating and I kept getting hit with weird "DNS Cannot be found" messages that you have to reset the entire system to fix. It's uh, weird?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Also like 50-60% of matches (if not more) were just 3 v 4's. Even in videos I've seen of others playing they wind up in 3v4's more then just full games.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I was half expecting the testfire to end with a launch date reveal.

Having nothing is kinda odd, like when does this thing even come out?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I got all 120 shrines and I don't want to play that game ever again.

Not because it's bad but like, it stopped being a challenge pretty fast and it just kinda turned into me walking around looking for shrines and that's about it. I can't imagine doing a second playthrough or anything because the only modifier I can think of is if I use nothing but twigs and never use powers which... wouldn't really make it harder. Just more tedious.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Bass Bottles posted:

You know that starting a new save erases your old one, right?

You can make new profiles

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Norns posted:

How many hours did you play?

Probably a whole bunch. I'm not sure if there's a way to check on the switch and I left it kinda idle a lot

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

My guess is zero

??? Here's a picture I took of me wearing the suit you get for 120 shrines done

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Mar 29, 2017

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Cool self own dude. Look, if you're gonna treat an open world game like a spergathon collection challenge you're gonna get fed up, that shouldn't have come as a surprise and/or disappointment.

I'm not entirely sure if I follow your logic.

Like I booted the game up and had a ton of fun for a good while, but due to the lack of enemy variation it got easier and easier to just deal with every challenge the game tossed at me. By the second dungeon I stopped dying entirely and just walked through the rest of the story content while casually exploring around. When it was done I thought "it's fun to explore" so I looked all over and collected the shrines and that was that.

All I was saying is that I don't think I could ever start a new file because after doing all that there's not a lot of enjoyment in it for me, personally. Enemies are easy and none of the dungeons were that exciting outside the final one and with no abilities really gained after the intro zone there wasn't a lot new to toy around with other then goofy physics nonsense..

I'm sorry if you took that as some kind of insult or whatever seems to have gotten you all riled up my dude. It's not even like I was saying it's a bad game or anything.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I'm ready for Mario Kart. Does anyone want to play Mario Kart next Month?

I'm really excited for that silly Patrol Battlemode.

I wonder if online will throw you into a random battle type or if you can pick which type you want to play. Sounds dumb but worried about the playerbase being split between like... 6 different game modes all at once (it's 6 right?)

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Real talk I'm sorry if you think my picture is a spoiler. Pre-release in interviews they were saying "Yeah there's a green tunic in the game, it's just hidden away somewhere" so I didn't think it was that big of a deal because really, I can't imagine being surprised that there's one in the game.

Unless you're talking about the hat in which case my bad, still.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

lelandjs posted:

Theres at least something for everyone and lots for the broader-minded gamers. Pretty much every game, save for Voez (don't love rhythm games or Korean music) and Shovel Knight (bought it for Wii U, wasnt able to make much progess) is very much my poo poo.

Haven't bought Blaster Master Zero yet because I'm concerned its a hardcore SNES style game and I'm bad at those (see Shovel Knight) but I probably will eventually.

Blaster Master for me was a game that enjoyed robbing me of all my health for no reason but not killing me so while I only died a couple times it was pretty stressful nonetheless. The worm enemies are seriously poorly designed and made me very mad at video games.

The final level and boss though are all worth the struggle though. It's super good.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Metal Slug needs online.

I will buy literally the entire series if that's a feature because Metal Slug is amazing. Except the one that doesn't let you play as Tarma. That one sucks.

Tarma for life.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Pikmin 2 is now on the Wii-U

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Not a Children posted:

loving poo poo

I want it but I don't want to buy it on a system I'm putting away

Pretty much how I feel but... it's Pikmin! 2! I want to play it now.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Jarogue posted:

Super Bomberman R is getting free DLC from the video showed it looks like new maps and characters

https://twitter.com/NinWire/status/847646097673564161

This is actually cool

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

https://twitter.com/Nintendo/status/847961727664701440

Seems later this week there's going to be a announcement on whatever this is. Japanese badge arcade is gonna be hyping it up.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

lelandjs posted:

This is almost certainly an April Fool's joke.

If its not then I am extremely disappointed that Ninendo looked at the Wario property, said "Hmm, what can we do with this?"' and then made a loving Ashley game.

Ugh.

Well it's something that's going on well past April Fools so I'm inclined to believe it's real.

That and this was their April Fools joke.

E: Beaten

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

enojy posted:

Ashley rules, her theme song rules, and Warioware's art style rules. I hope it's real.

Kinda weird that Mona didn't get a spinoff game, though. Isn't she the main female character in the Warioware games?

She was kind of supposed to be but Japan really loves it's tiny witch girls I guess.

I can't recall where but I'm pretty sure I read that Mona is the least popular female character in the Ware series or something like that.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Even lower than 9-Volt's mom?

From what I recall yeah actually.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Had a family emergency the other day that required me selling my wii-u and games to try and get some cash to help with, literally the next day Pikmin 2 shows up for it and now this April Fools image.

Feels like I'm getting super owend :smith:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I have a Isabelle amiibo where she's waving and looking happy. My mother stopped by a couple months ago and handed me the other one. I asked her why she felt the need to buy it and she just said that it was a cute dog and I collected the smash series so v:shobon:v

"Jay, you don't want the cute dog???" was not something I was expecting that evening.

Unrelated but have a lot of people encountered a bugged battery reading? Friend of mine said his switch is charging overnight but constantly says 84% left. When it's down to like 1% it can still go for over a over and a half and it's kinda news to me.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

When I'm focused on a game I can't really tell the difference

When I watch a video on youtube I can. Dunno what's up with that.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I can't wait to play Satan's game next week.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Hey thread, my friends Switch has this weird problem where it says that it's charging but stops at 86% and drains super fast- but when it gets to 5% it can go on for another hour and a half. It's effecting his controllers too from what I understand, just something hosed with the display.

He sent it in like a week and a half ago and just got it back and the problem is still there. Should I tell him to send it in again or is there some solution floating around for this?

Squashing Machine posted:

Same, I've been practicing my t-spins and laddering for Puyo Puyo Tetris, the one true fighting game

I can't wrap my head around Puyo at all but it's still really fun to play even if I'm about as good as a baby at setting up chains. Tetris though I think I'm pretty okay at. Here's to hoping the full game helps me improve at both :buddy:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Told my friend to let the batteries run out, he called up to Nintendo while thats going on and they basically said "yeah we get so many of these things in maaaybe we kinda didn't give it much of a glance and just sent it back." so lol top quality on that.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Tried a bit of Bomberman after the update dropped

It's super good, I'm genuinely impressed.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

It's called the switch because it's what I'm going to beat you with

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Video Games, can you make me a Mod of the Games board on Something Awful dot com

me first

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Is anyone bored enough to explain Wonder Boy to me? I watched a couple trailers and the art style is cute enough but I'm not entirely sure what it actually is.

Is it like that recent Shantae game that came out? Kinda close to impulse buying it but eh

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

irlZaphod posted:

I think we're going to need some context here.

In the full game you can make the Puyo's look goofy if you want via the in game shop.

You can make the lil blobs look like sonic and friends, alphabet letters, genesis sprites etc. If a player is colorblind they can probably find a skin that'll make it easier to identify your puyos.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm bored and dug up some images of the ingame shop. You can be the judge on if this'll help you if you're colorblind

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Empress Brosephine posted:

You have to unlock it though so enjoy the game for eight hours lol

It's 100 points which you can get in a handful of matches. Play some tetris and you'll have it in no time.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Don't call me a creeper, I'm innocent! I'll prove it by assaulting this young girl!! - A line said by a poor misunderstood soul

E:

Character: Did she seem normal to you?
Character: No, she wasn't daydreaming about Satan. Somethings wrong.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Apr 25, 2017

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I clap and get excited like a literal child when I accidentally make 4-chains

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

People are acting like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is exclusive and... it's not?

Jimmy Hats posted:

Are there cheaters in this game..? Because i just ran into a dude who blew me away in tetris in about 15-20 seconds. Like just constant slamming down pieces instantly and doing tetris after tetris. Or maybe it was some sort of ultra-nerd tetris savant..? What the heck.

Look up S2LSoftner on youtube and cry

• Locked thread