Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
My switch isn't detecting my wifi network, even though it can somehow detect the Starbucks a couple blocks and 30 floors down, anyone else have this problem?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Thom P. Tiers posted:

I sold mine in favor of the switch. And am extremely glad I did. The new Mario in Fall is going to be incredible for anyone who has been waiting for a game like 64/Sunshine and not all of this nostalgia crap that they have been pushing the last 10 years (besides the galaxy games, those were good).

Mario 3d world is insanely good

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Nintendo has been doomed since [point after I stopped being a child]

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I like Skyrim and Breath of the Wild

Fallout 4 is bad

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Was someone in this thread saying New Vegas was bad???

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
that leak would have been reasonably plausible if not for the paper mario bit

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
switch emulation isn't even remotely worth talking about unless it can simulate both docked and portable modes to a tablet or something

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Infinitum posted:

Jackbox is as childish as the players.

The game is basically there to encourage gross answers.

https://youtu.be/ovRR1lK7vgw

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

lelandjs posted:

This is almost certainly an April Fool's joke.

If its not then I am extremely disappointed that Ninendo looked at the Wario property, said "Hmm, what can we do with this?"' and then made a loving Ashley game.

Ugh.

Actually an Ashley game would be really cool and good

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
so is there anyone here whose switch is bent and not just some guy on reddit

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Going to stop dumb amiibo chat to post here that Bomberman is the DOTD on Best Buy for $40. $32 if you have GCU. I'm thinking of getting it at that price.

for that you could buy 3 amiibo, which would be infinitely more with it than a bad bomberman game

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
i want a kingdom hearts cloud amiibo

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

a.lo posted:

Bought a Switch carrying case the other day and some stranger saw it and asked, "Hey, got your Switch in there?" Annoyed I simply told her no, I had just bought the case and that my Switch was at home at the moment. She then went on to say that she had a Switch and was enjoying it. I nodded my head in agreement and with the hope of buying this case I can take it with me more often. Later on she suggested that we ever meet again we should both bring our Switches. I simply said, "that would be okay" and exited the bus. That was almost a month ago and I have not seen that girl since.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Macavity posted:

Not to distract from all the non-switch talk, but reviews for MK8D are coming in. Looks positive across the board. Thoughts? https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/66hnrb/megathread_mario_kart_8_deluxe_review_coverage/

Mario Kart 8 was an excellent game so it follows that the same thing with battle mode is even better

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I would steal from Walmart but I would never steal from my good personal friends at Nintendo, who spent long hours at the Game Factory to produce fun Switch products

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Pants Donkey posted:

High level puyo puyo tetris might be interesting, let's see...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6sN-kB0HSE
:staredog:

how hard is the single player stuff in puyo tetris, like, I can with some difficulty beat the computer on medium in the demo, can't even process what's happening here though

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Skyrim is an OK video game that was good for its time, when open world games were less prevalent, I still play it sometimes

Though imo portability doesn't make up for lack of mod support

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Jimmy Hats posted:

Just LOL if you guys think you aren't getting a billion words about the new fire emblem when it launches

I for one am glad you've found your gimmick

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
hmm I thought about it, no, it's still fun

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
i have never docked my switch (because i don't have a tv)

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Bowser Jr audibly says "let's go" when you select him, the gently caress

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Dr. VooDoo posted:

*laying on death bed, staring into snowglobe held in one hand* The Switch is good *gurgles and dies, dropping snow globe to floor*

same except instead of dying i am ferried to gamehalla to sit by the throne of iwata and await the final battle with Bad Games

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Infinitum posted:

Don't Get Empress Brosephined just doesn't have the same ring to it

Medothised

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I'm glad nintendo didn't make a virtual boy ds or some poo poo and made the switch instead

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
mario's lovingly rendered hair is quite disturbing

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Wendell posted:

Mario's lush hair and flawless skin make me realise just how young he is. He must have barely finished his plumbing apprenticeship before being sucked into the Mushroom Kingdom.

didn't shigeru miyamoto say mario was in his early 20s? mario is a millennial

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
if this post were made during a discussion about paper mario, i would 100% take it at face value

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Detective No. 27 posted:

Microsoft is making games for Switch? Nintendo is doomed.

Master Chief for Smash

As an assist trophy

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Dr. VooDoo posted:

W-Wait. Redline is anime? And I enjoyed it?!

/

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Beastie posted:

Just want to say that I've had this stand for a day and it owns:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LZAYH58/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_mWKjzbFTZWJD4

It's super solid and folds small enough to fit in my hard case along with the pro controller's USB cord and some screen wipes.

Some one else itt has mentioned it before and I'll second it. For $18.99 it's sturdy and solid. Really makes tabletop better.

is this sale for a limited time or is it a prime thing?

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

lol ARMS loving sucks 😂

additional lol at people convincing themselves that it's actually cool and good because they're starved for content on the console

😂👌

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Barry Convex posted:

FWIW. This is *probably* hinting at an announcement fairly soon given his past reporting and industry connections, but we'll see.

https://twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/868466467062206464

v. excited for pokemon rumble switch

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I will probably not buy Arms, but I hope people who do enjoy it

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Cartoon Man posted:

because the Kid Icarus Uprising sequel will be showcased instead.

no dice, sakurai is busy being chained to a rock, an eagle tearing away at his wrists until he agrees to make smash 5

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

irlZaphod posted:

Hmmm I was hoping they'd pretty much just use existing characters like Hyrule Warriors did, rather than adding Avatar characters like DQH. Not a big deal really since you can just switch characters anyway. :v:

what about lana, cia, wizzro, volga, and linkle

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

It is

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
lord, give unto your simple boy pokemon stars for the switch and g/s/c for virtual console

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
it really is 8 minutes lol, rip

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Best Ending: Pokemon Stars for Nintendo Switch
Good Ending: Pokemon Stars for Nintendo 3DS
Neutral Ending: Pokemon Diamond & Pearl remake for Nintendo 3DS OR Pokken gets ported to Switch with arcade-exclusive characters

Bad Ending: Pre announcement of an announcement for E3

Dog Ending: Detective Pikachu English dub trailer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Disappointing but predictable

Also why is it just Gold and Silver, what about Crystal

• Locked thread